Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 143 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by ltomlinson31, Jun 24, 2015.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That's a possibility. Kirkman did throw in that juicy tidbit about Connie and Kelly out of nowhere. I'd almost forgotten about those characters.

I feel like when we saw Alpha at the end of 142/beginning of 143 talking to Earl Sutton, that was the end of her visit, and it will be revealed later what she was up to before that.

But I'm confused and need help with the timeline. Just before they're stopped by the Whisperers, Dante tells Rick and the others that they'll reach their destination by the end of the day. So I'm not sure how far they travelled, but it was less than a day. When Carl is demanding to know where Alpha is, just before Rick is brought into the camp, he says she's been gone "all day." So I'm wondering how long Alpha could have spent at the fair, considering the travelling time. She must have been right behind Rick et al. on the way back, yet they were on horseback and she seemed to be on foot...?

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

This is the only answer that could possibly make sense:

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah Alpha is totes an alien. She looks exactly like one too, with being creepily bald and all (since I obvs know what aliens look like).

4. BatmansHooker

Speaking of which, how does she maintain her baldness? I'm assuming she's not naturally bald. She doesn't even have a little head scruff. It's just completely hairless. Does she have a large cache of razors that she hordes to shave her head to perfect hairlessness every day? That seems pretty unnecessary. I'd imagine she'd have bigger things to worry about.

Again, the only explanation is that Alpha is an alien.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Alopecia? Maybe the older Whisperers soak in a tub full of Nair prior to being fitted for skins? She is an odd one, that is for sure. I feel there is a lot more going on with her and that entire group in general. There is far more to their infrastructure that we are not privy to yet, and they are involved a touch more than is believed with the communities in general. They are not stupid, nor slow to act, and have a method of travel that seems faster than the norm. All of this happens off-panel, so to speak, so it is entirely possible it is just literary trickery. But something more is up with them than we are aware of now, of that I am sure.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. She's not an alien.

Shes a shapeshifting lizzard person. Anybody can tell the difference.

7. BatmansHooker

just like this sexy piece of ass

[​IMG]

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Looks like you accidentally copied the wrong image. I fixed it for you.

9. halcyon

halcyon Member

Late to the party, but ALPHA I SWEAR TO GOD.
    We better not see any Andrea or Michonne skin-costumes. The impending issue 145 makes me very nervous.

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

OMG. Never thought of that.
    Can you imagine, they give Carl his own skin suit and it's Ezekiel?

The horror of it.

11. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

OMG what a great issue. I love the concept of the whisperers. It really makes sense at this point in the ZA that a survivalist nomadic culture would appear like that.

Couple of points:

Maggie seems like she is loosing her grip on power, she is not very diplomatic, not that diplomacy gets anywhere in the ZA but she has almost zero for someone in charge and leaving details out from Rick is not a good idea. He is by far the best decision maker in the ZA and needs to know everything to be effective. She should know that and risks everything by not keeping him in the loop.

I LOVE Eugine, what he is doing to win Rosita that is amazing. I know everyone things a real man is big tuff and macho but imagine the balls it takes to accept that the women you love is carrying a child from someone else that means nothing to her and you are going to claim it as your own. That is pure mental tuffness. What a great character.

There is clearly going to be war with the Whisperers and things are escalating fast. Deaths and hostages taken on both sides, threats, unwelcomed appearances and spying. I could see Alexandria coming up with a weapon of types to fight a hord. A sort of zombie weapon of mass destruction. Like imagine a football length lineup of steam rollers. Rick is going to out think Alpha just like all the other communities that got in his way.

I am wondering who Alpha stabbed, it makes sense that it is Ze that would certainly seal the deal on war. Rick is not going to let a football stadium of walkers go unanswered.

I think Alpha may not only be an alien but also responsible for the ZA. She brought the plague to earth and is spreading her alien ways to build an army of tireless slave labor of which she is brainwashing survivors to collect and manage. LOL JK

12. PamelaPoovey

PamelaPoovey New Member

Holy shit snacks!!!! Sup everyone long time lurker first time poster anyways... I feel like either Negan knew about the whisperers and kept them at bay, or more likely with the lack of the saviors constantly murdilatin' zombies the whisperers were able to gather this huge zombie hoard since they weren't being regularly cleared out of the area. Either way I feel like Negan will play a pivotal role in helping with the zombie human hybrids. And further more Suzan, being roughly two years into a peaceful era they should have ways to deal with giant hoards I mean alphas hoard is big but what happens when the New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and so on hoard that is ten million strong shows up? Jet fuel is essentially diesel and it is more than possible to refine fuel, fly a helicopter, and strap a propane flame thrower to that bitch and burn them sum bitches to a crisp. Rick needs to get ahead of the game here because I feel like he is slipping back in time two hundred years all of the technology is thereitjust neds needs to be understood and therefore used

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure its mostly mental toughness the way Eugene is handling Rosita, or if he's being an insecure pushover, figuring he'll never get another woman. I myself would not have forgiven her that quickly and easily. If I felt she was sincerely sorry, and wanted to start over, I would accept her back, but I would have made her work a little bit to earn my trust back. Eugene just basically forgave her immediately. It smells a little more like insecurity to me. Rosita seemed to feel guilty this issue, and it makes me wonder, is she feeling guilty about the past, or is her affair still going on? Is some misfortune brewing for Eugene?

14. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Eugene is simply fulfilling the nice guy trope that we see so often in stories. Nice guy gives his hot girlfriend everything and his hot girlfriend goes and has sex with someone who is not so nice.

I honestly have a feeling that Rosita might be killed off before the baby is born. The only point Rosita really has in the story (in both the comic and tv show) is for eye candy and love interest purposes. I'm not sure she will suddenly transfer into becoming a 'mom' character.

Rosita may not be the one that was killed by Alpha here but it wouldn't surprise me if she is killed off in the next ten to fifteen issues.

15. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Ugh, f*ck, Carl is breaking my heart. :(

16. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

As others have said I think it is most likely Ezekial that was killed here by Alpha. His character was given some closure this issue and killing him off would bring Michonne back in the fold and keep her from going off again in her boat and us not hearing about her again for a year or more.

The only thing about that though is would Kirkman simply give Ezekial an off screen death?

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I think it's highly possible that they run into Ezekiel when he is severely wounded but has no chance for recovery.

18. BatmansHooker

Wouldn't doubt it. Ezekiel might be relatively popular (is he though?) but he's not an incredibly major character. He's been more just a vehicle to introduce The Kingdom and give Michonne a love interest. A death that doesn't occur in the pages of the comic wouldn't be too much of an issue for Zeke, imo.

Despite the bloody sword cover and his role in this issue, I'm still not entirely convinced Ezekiel is dead. I'm not sure what I think right now.

19. Neuropyramidal

Something is definitely brewing there. I'm not sure if Rosita will be killed off soon, but I feel like we are being set up for a tragedy of some sort. The father of her baby may play into it. I just hope they don't kill off Eugene to further develop Rosita's character, because that seems like a waste to me. I suspect we find out who the father is soon, and this revelation will surprise us.

Speaking of relationships, I wonder if they will bring Anna back. Or is her purpose served? Did she just exist to show us that Carl is a deep person who doesn't like girls who flash their boobs in front of everyone?

20. Neuropyramidal

I think Ezekiel is a major enough character that he won't get an offscreen death. He seems the logical choice, because if he did indeed leave ASZ right away, then he left around the same time Alpha did. I feel like its more possible that he is mortally wounded, but not dead yet, and we will meet him at least one more time.