Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 144 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 24: Life and Death' started by ImDrunk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

A thought I had on this: the Whisperers have themselves a massive herd which they have threatened to unleash on the communities. This is a huge, huge threat to them, and the communities would be better off having a way to deal with herds like this to weaken this threat.

Which they do, in the Herd Crew. And who is the leader of that? Eugene. He was told not to go out there anymore by Rick, but after his girlfriend took off and died brutally after he was on his radio, he is going to want to redeem himself and prove his worth after blowing this. I'm quite certain he is going to want to go out there and be involved in this fight, and this is the best way for him to do that. And hopefully he is successful and doesn't die while on that.

2. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was wondering as well :zombies_lol:

3. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

I would like to see their response, just like when Steven wrote to Kirkman regarding the events of #100, that was some hilarious shit!

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

This is somewhat related but I reread when Carl reached the Whisperers and after out of curiosity. Quoting just because i figured you might be interested. On first read I didn't realize they had horses. That could easily explain a lot of it. If Carl could get there so fast on foot after all. Maggie also explained it had been at least two days since Carl left when she talked to Rick. She could have left after he arrived and only made the return trip after Rick. He might very well have been there awhile also.

The idea of showing their final moments is cool too. That would have been a second creative way to do it.

5. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Kirkman says that issue 145 might be "a whole compendium's worth" and that some heavy shit happens in it...

6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lol you know what I want to see happen in issue 145.

7. ltomlinson31

Tiffany Morgan too (who plays as Erin, who in the comic had glasses, was the one who thought of the bake sale and is apparently a f***ing bitch)

8. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone should put like, still images of the 144 letter hacks on here.

Christian Serratos shouldn't be too upset because playing a character who lasted 92 issues is good sign for her tv character. I suspect if they kill her in the same fashion she dies here, which they might, Rosita won't die until season 8. Season 6 will end with Negan's arrival, and then entirety of season 7 will be the all out war arc, unless they really want to spread it out for a season and a half, then do the 2 years later as the mid-season break, and season 8B will be about the communities and the arrival of the whisperers, we get introduced to Alpha, and the drama with Lydia happens, then the heads on the pikes can be the finale. If Rosita has that long to live, Christian still has a while.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I doubt the actors are to concerned about what happens almost a hundred issues of where they currently are in the show.

I also really think the best move the show could make is to end right after the end of the All Out War arcs.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm too lazy to do that.

But it seeing as we're wondering how this will make Christian feel, I think it's a good time to remember how Steven Yeun felt when Glenn got killed:
    [​IMG]

11. ltomlinson31

I would love it if Christian, Ann or Tiffany (Erin) wrote a letter like that too, but like a thousand times angrier.

12. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Or Dave Fennoy-- who will be playing Ezekiel in season 7. ;)
    *had

14. TheWalkingHorn

Awww :(

15. halcyon

halcyon Member

No no no what the ****

negan save us

16. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Alpha:We have an army
    Rick:We have a Negan

Please tell me rick is gonna let negan loose on these punks

17. TheWalkingHorn

... what? Do we really think that's going to happen? I dislike this scenario.

18. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Oh shit! I guess that explains Michonne's bloody sword, I don't imagine the's gonna take Ezekiel sitting down...

19. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

So that happened...

Pretty close to what I was imagining, with all the random offhand "Where is so-and-so?" comments of the last couple of issues. Innocuous comments that would seem perfectly fine in todays society but in the end of the world are red flags you should not casually dismiss, were too big to ignore. I really wanted an abrupt end to the reign of Rick, and expected that to accompany the slaughter that I knew was brewing.

It stood to reason, that we have had quite a wide variety of evil in our main antagonists:

Governor=Psychopath/Sociopath.
    Negan=Bully/Thug.
    Alpha=Just plain EVIL.

In comparison, the whisperers were not nearly as benign as believed, but as a general rule of thumb anyone that would walk around wearing the skins of the dead has problems that cannot be resolved at the end of the world. With this one act they have been propelled beyond all prior enemies to date. After this, the only place Kirkman can go is laterally... Unless he plans on unleashing Cthulhu into the Walking Dead world.

Good luck everyone... There are four communities of pissed off folks now fixing to wage street justice apocalypse style, and this is hardly the end of the bloodshed. Nothing that happens from here on out would surprise me now.

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Negan? It seems to be a popular theory, but I'm not a fan.

…Unless… that's why Maggie punches Rick… because he wants to ask for Negan's help… and she gets pissed off… because Glenn… I hate that this makes sense… I don't want it...