Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 146 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by HondaS2kXD, Sep 8, 2015.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Holy shit, you guys. What an issue. Rick's speech started to fall flat, but then Negan appears out from behind him and rather than starting a fight, Rick and Negan just proclaim their love for each other. @Tony Davis and I totally called that the other day. LET THE RIGAN SHIPPING BEGIN!!!

[​IMG]

Just kidding, of course. The issue hasn't been released yet so I haven't yet seen Negan and Rick admit how they really feel. But it could happen in a few hours, so I figured what the hell why not make the thread.

@BatmansHooker @and138 @ltomlinson31 @Neuropyramidal @jwcoombs @TheWalkingHorn @Jag @Walkers_TWD @kennyisalive94 @Z-Man @TGO @Online-Don @Something2Fear @Sco @TheILLness @shanewalking @WatWD @scardandprofne @legendx66 @lewh @DietWater @Gaycandybacon

#1 HondaS2kXD, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

4. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

I love it the leader of the Whisperers is Shane. That is amazing.....

5. HondaS2kXD

What I want to know is: is Alpha Shane, or was Shane Alpha?

6. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

You honestly scared me, I thought you had spoiled the issue before I read the "Negan and Rick express their love" part.

7. HondaS2kXD

I will be very disappointed if this issue goes any other way. There has to be some reason Negan didn't kill Rick. And also that "slide my dick down your throat and you'll thank me for it" analogy was a little oddly specific, if you ask me.

8. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I haven't read it yet, but I really wouldn't mind if this issue like just explored their reactions to the news. It may not be the most exciting issue or whatever, but I love the little interactions, and some of those get bigger and more noticeable when you re-read. Like the Josh/Carl interactions in A New Beginning meant nothing to me until the events after 144 and I re-read them. I'd like to see the same here.

9. HondaS2kXD

WHY THE F*CK isn't it out yet???

10. ltomlinson31

It is for me. I just read it. Massive spoiler alert. A character makes a grand appearance:

11. HondaS2kXD

Why does google play hate me???

12. ltomlinson31

For some reason, I find that pre-ordering doesn't work. I just wait until 12 and buy it then. Just cancel the pre-order and try again.

13. HondaS2kXD

Did that. Will do in the future.

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's funny. I tried to buy it last night from midnight when it said it was available for purchase, and then when it asked to confirm my purchase it said it was still on pre-order, even though the button had changed from "pre-order" to "buy." I couldn't actually purchase it until 7am this morning.

Google Play is a little confusing sometimes.

15. HondaS2kXD

So. For the most part about what we were expecting.

The first thing I need to get off my chest: Rick. It must be nice not having to worry about tracking down the equipment necessary to perform a colonoscopy. That is, his head is so far up his ass, he can do it without a camera—he just needs to put a flashlight in his mouth. WAKE THE F*CK UP, RICK!!! Gregory needed to die. Negan needs to die. Alpha needs to die. The world will EVENTUALLY be able to get back to how it was. But it's not ready yet. Don't be a bitch just because Maggie and Carl are still capable of seeing that.

Moving on, the fight between Maggie and Rick was funny. “And we’re all friends again.” Lol.

Also, Eugene is taking Rosita's death a lot better than I thought he would.

err-- wait. Oh shit. This is bad. This is not good. This is really f*cking bad. Eugene wants to kill/hold hostage Lydia. Pretty soon everyone else is going to have the same idea. Carl's gonna lose his shit. Again. Not güd. I do think Lydia needs to die, but not by the hands of a group member-- that will just kiss Carl off again. It needs to be The whisperers' fault-- both to keep him from feeling too guilty and to further cement his world view that bad people need to f*cking die.

In conclusion, really disappointed Negan and Rick are still keeping their love a secret. But there's always 147.

#15 HondaS2kXD, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  16. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really upset with Rick. Ken took the words right out of my mouth(even though it made me angry that he of all people was the one saying them; what the hell has he done?)--"I never thought I'd live to see the day Rick Grimes became a f*cking p*ssy.". But, I guess that's just the nature of the beast; Rick's not much longer for this world, and we all know that. I guess this is just Kirkman's way of winding him down--which has been apparent since #127. I figure we'll be fed a lot more of this internal and external conflict with Rick; making us doubt him, discredit him and question his decisions. Which will ultimately build to a point where he surprises us all, resurrects Rick MOTHERF*CKING Grimes for one last heroic crusade and then bow out once and for all. It won't be for a while but it's clear that's the inherent direction of the narrative.

Moving on; I'm very pleased with Eugene's new found rage and brooding. I chuckled when he commented on the community being full of idiots. At least someone understands that while Rick should be a little more aggressive than he has been; it would still be a disastrous mistake to rush into a war with the Whisperers head first without a plan, an organized force, or even a clue. But, I'm not sure I'm on board with the whole Lydia thing; although she is indirectly responsible for much of this conflict. Why couldn't she have just kept her legs closed and left Carl alone? At first, I thought Eugene was wasting his breath; as Alpha doesn't care enough for her daughter for a hostage situation/prisoner exchange would work. But, after Alpha orchestrating the charade to send Lydia to ASZ--I think Lydia is more important to her than she even realizes. But like you said; any malice toward Lydia is only going to further enrage Carl--maybe this will lead to Negan getting sprung?

Speaking of Negan; I know for a fact that he is going to play a big roll in the coming fight...but WHEN!?!?!? The suspense is killing me. I know at some point he will be needed, or released. I'm leaning more toward needed. Rick, now facing a type of enemy the likes of which he's never known will need a new angle, a new perspective. Negan can provide that exact perspective. Rick will come to him for Negan's one-of-a-kind "out of the box" thinking.

Oh, another thing--I'm worried about that shortwave radio. I know Eugene is going to get that thing up and operational and that's what frightens me. Once he starts broadcasting, and sending hails across the countryside; there's no telling who he will raise. He could bring a world of hurt down on the heads of the communities without even knowing it.

One final thing; and I can't believe you didn't mention this [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] . There was a very special cameo appearance in this issue, from a much beloved and fiercely missed character that Kirkman has staunchly promised has much more story to give. Yes that's right, you guessed it--the man, the myth, the legend--FATHER GABRIEL STOKES! Yes, he finally appeared in his first issue since #115! LOL I guess his only post-apocalyptic skill is funerals; which is a pretty lucrative business in all reality. :p

17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'll back around noon maybe 930. See you guys then
    Can't wait to read

18. ltomlinson31

Holy shit you are here!

I read it last night and will comment later.

Although I will say that I remember you commenting on Rick becoming more concerned about his power and becoming more tyrannical in order to maintain that. I certainly felt that from him with his conversation with Maggie.

Also, it was Marco who said that to Rick, not Ken.

19. ltomlinson31

Also, Larry commented on Larry dying, and feeling better about Larry's death. It was Louis who died, not Larry, Larry. :p

20. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

You're alive!!!