Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 146 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by HondaS2kXD, Sep 8, 2015.

1. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

This is great, especially when you think of the cover he was on. He was standing tall in the entrance of his cell.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Could it be that Negan gets Rick into a mental and physical fitness?
    I think Eugene will use that radio to get the walkers to turn on the whisperers.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if they are showcasing Rick's physical weakness lately in order to strengthen the civil unrest that ensues, where many community residents will claim that rick is no longer emotionally OR physically able to lead anymore.

4. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

80s training montage!

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

*Puts batteries in the ghetto blaster, tightens neon headband, cranks the theme from Rocky, followed by "Eye of the Tiger."*

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Or Rocky. Raw eggs and all

7. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

::Throws right, left, right into a side of beef::

8. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I liked this issue, but although I'm disappointed with Rick. Not really liking the Grimes Family that much in this whole whisper arc , tbh. Aside from Andrea of course.
    I'm almost concerned that we haven't seen Sophia for a few issues.. Like did she get taken by the whispers where the heck is she at within all the chaos that has happened

9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

*does quick feet whilst shadow boxing*

10. Deadpoolsbffbob

Deadpoolsbffbob New Member

Not to offend anyone, but this issue is the perhaps the worst.
    now hear me out I love all of the new things since all out war, but this issue in particular stands out as the weakest out of almost 150 comic issues.
    Case and point, there are too many empty panels. Now don't think for a second that I am demanding more action, I would never force the writers to kill a character every issue. what I am saying is this comic series has gone on for over ten years, and it's great I don't want it to end. What I want to point out however is that the fans don't want a 20 something page book of greiving. That's literally the only thing that happens, with the exception of 2 sorta key moments.
    The fight, and Eugenes "plan".

And im sorry to say but those 2 moments barely last, and probably won't effect the whole story.
    The fight is not going to cause problems between Rick and Maggie. They both realized that the fight was stupid. I believe this because they both are too reasonable, not saying it's a bad thing. The fact is that this fight was built up to much to where we thought the hilltop would be enemies with the safe zone. BTW Kirkman read this and take notes jk, the fans don't want that.
    I have to say it this issues other big moment, Eugenes plan is completely insane, and too unlike him. They seem to be building it up that he is going to want to bait alpha with Lydia. Which is not who Eugene is, (except for that time he took a bite out of Dwight). But besides the point. This cliff hanger, is unbelievable, if they were to bait alpha with Lydia, Carl would go crazy. I mean for real right now, he would, he might kill someone idk he's unpredictable.

What im saying is I still love the walking dead but the truth of the matter is all the greiving should have happened last issue, and even in that issue its better done. anyways I sill will buy walking dead comics it's just I wish this issue was a little better.

11. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I was pretty disappointed with this issue too, I read it and then went...is there more? Where did the comic go?

I hate to be one of "those people", but did anything really happen?
    Beyond 2 punches and a "wtf Rick?"

I suppose it's a filler issue to set up some background for the Andrea, Carl adventure 2.0, but I think we could have spent some time with people reacting to the deaths a little more. I get that in a ZA, people move on a little faster but I don't really get the need for vengeance vibe too much. I'm sure we'll see it more in the next issue.

I don't know if Rick's getting soft is leading to killing him off, or him losing leadership or is just trying to fake us out for another "Rick MuthaF**kin' Grimes" episodes again. Either way, it's getting a little tired after nearly 150 issues.

I think they've really stepped in something smelly with introducing such a large community with many characters and not enough time or page space to do anything with them. Is it the Rick and Carl show, or what?

I don't know, I'm going to hold my final judgment until December.

12. boba772

boba772 Member

I understand your opinion on this, but I respectfully disagree. Kind of. :p Yes, this issue was filled just with grieving... but I LOVED, it. The slow pace that they took, all the characters who got to react to the events of the previous issue, Rick being shown as physically weak AND learning about Gregory. This issue was great in my opinion. I loved it and honestly hope we get more of it. (Like when I think back to the prison arc I do not think of Govy rolling up in a tank first thing, I think of Rick and Dale sitting in lawn chairs watching the other people play some b-ball. )

All in all I really loved this issue and really hope we have some major character development in the next few, particularly for Carl and Lydia.

13. Deadpoolsbffbob

Deadpoolsbffbob New Member

I under no circumstances would have wanted this issue to be any different. And yes it was great to finally have Maggie explain the whole grgory incident, however what I am saying is there wasn't enough, that would force any non hardcore comic readers to buy it. Now don't get me wrong I wil like litterally die happy if I am surrounded by over 200 issues of the comic. It's just if I handed this issue to a part time reader of the comic they would be like "wtf".

This is makes sense to me, and it should to you because there is no real hook, I feel there really was little to nothing I could really sink my teeth in. The two key moments are going to have little to no effect on the overall story. Maggie, and Rick are still friends. And Eugene is not crazy, and therefor won't do anything crazy.