Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 147 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by BatmansHooker, Oct 13, 2015.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

#1 BatmansHooker, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I usually like to post some shocking foiler here. Like, "I can't believe they killed Rick," or, "I can't believe it was all a dream!"

But I'm going to put this one in spoiler tags because I think it just might happen.

3. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Haven't read it yet since It's not up on the site I use to read 'em for free.
    Spoil away please [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I didn't miss a preview right...? there wasn't one for this month?

5. HondaS2kXD

It was just posted today.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

See, I did think about conjuring up a foiler, but I had no inspiration at the time.

Since you asked nicely. These are actual spoilers for the issue, by the way, so please read at your own risk.

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

If anyone touches my Girl, I'm going to slit their throat and lap up their blood like a dehydrated camel after it's spent two days wandering in the desert.

Also, for the sake of [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] ...

#7 TGO, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. HondaS2kXD

I read it.

9. HondaS2kXD

I preferred the bird version.

10. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I forgive you <3.

I read the issue

11. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I don't understand why everyone is so worried about Michonne. I received no such vibe from Rick and Michonne's heart-to-heart. Yeah, it puts a lot out in the open concerning the mental state of two of our favorite characters; some of which is unsettling to say the least. But I feel like Michonne is drawing strength from Rick; being galvanized by his worldly post-apocalyptic wisdom. I think this heralds a great development for Michonne. One where she finally stops torturing herself, and forgives herself and allows herself to be happy and live some semblance of a good life. I mean, don't get me wrong; I completely understand the logic in this series that seems to dictate that whenever a character redeems themselves, finds peace or happiness, or becomes contented with their station in life, the reaper is just around the corner. But, I don't think this is the case with Michonne. I just think she's finally going to remove the millstone from around her neck that she's been carrying since we met her back in issue #19. That kind of freedom could turn her into a very different, even more interesting character.

Aside from that; I've always had suspicions, because at the end of the day to survive in this world and be as strong as Rick you have to evolve into something a little more twisted. And I've always seen how Rick and all his previous enemies were all sides of the same coin; and how with just a few simple changes Rick could have wound up just like any of those people. But, it was still surprising to hear, out loud, just how fractured his psyche is. To hear his dark logic and justicfication was a littler unnerving. But I can't blame him; and honestly--it makes me respect him more. Because this tells me that he's been carrying around this mindset for a long time and hardly ever let it show; and coupled with the fact that he was able to find genuine happiness in the midst of a dead world and all he's endured tells me he's even stronger then I had previously thought.

Something that bothered me a bit though; was that panel during the argument with Eugene when Rick's face, and only Rick's face, was completely blacked out. It clearly wasn't a shadow being cast, because it only effected his face. I can't help but feel like that was some sort of subtle symbolism. The second I saw it I didn't like it.

Continuing with Rick; I was happy to see him being portrayed in a more capable light in this issue. Like [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] pointed out in the last discussion; in recent issues Rick has been portrayed as increasingly weak, physically incapable, handicapped, etc. He was easily knocked down, pushed aside, and sucker-punched. But in this issue; we saw an almost ghostly resurgence of the Rick we once knew. When he got the drop on Michonne, straight out of a dead sleep and we saw him standing there in all his badass, Rick MotherF*king Grimes shirtless glory it was almost like the timeline had rewound itself to the "Fear the Hunters" arc for a brief moment. Rick looked full of vitality; and every bit as capable as he ever was. I mean, the fact alone that he was able to go from sleeping to getting the complete drop on Michonne who was wide awake, alert, prepared, already had a plan and not to mention is certainly no slouch herself was pretty damn impressive.

12. jwcoombs

This would have been a perfect foiler for you to post. This would have made more than a few people require a change of pants.

[​IMG]

13. jwcoombs

Black-face Rick. For some reason; this worried me.

[​IMG]

14. filthyastronaut

Just read.

15. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell but I think he even turned his head and is looking towards the doorway

16. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I do like the fact that michonne was not going to kill Lydia but to expidite her to safety. I have a concern for both Andrea and Michonne.. I am afraid we will see one of them die very soon :/

17. Sco

Sco Member

I feel like this tension built up in this issue was fabricated to drag out the volume.... IDK, I feel like I'm going to have to re-read the past 2 volumes to really enjoy them.

These month long gaps are killing me with the lack of substance in each issue. IMO

18. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

Haven't read it yet, I'll be getting the issue tomorrow and from what I've been hearing it seems like a good one! [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] thanks for including me in the mention bomb mate!

19. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

20. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

A month for a few pages, many have been just panels, no words.