Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 147 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by BatmansHooker, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good issue.

I thought Michonne's plan was misguided. Why try to sneak Lydia off secretly, instead of just going to Rick and Andrea earlier in the evening and forming a plan together with them? I'm still questioning her motives a little bit. I don't think she was going to harm Lydia, but perhaps she wanted to sneak her away for other purposes as well as just protecting her. Maybe to get info out of her regarding the whisperer's and their weaknesses, as well as possibly use her as a pawn in the war, if it comes to that. She's angry and in mourning over Ezekiel right now, and the idea that she would use this time to just altruistically help Lydia without any ulterior motive seems suspect.

Could it be that Michonne is the upcoming betrayer? ;). Maybe we will see some discussions between Eugene and Michonne coming up?

As for the emphasis on Rick's 'happy' life with Andrea, I don't think this is an omen for Andrea's physical death, as much as possibly the death of their happiness. Something will happen that compromises the trust between Andrea and Rick, and threatens the bond he was describing. Perhaps something happens on this trip to the Hilltop that requires Andrea to act in a way that Rick sees as the antithesis of his new worldview. Something that he sees as undermining his leadership.

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Hmm... seems to be "unavailable" to me...

3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

This issue was so great. Thank you for the mention. I really needed it.

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Now keep reading.

5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Good issue the talk of how Rick is soo happy with Andrea,did make me worry but knowing Kirkman this another troll attempt :zombies_lol:
    although I wonder if Michonne was serious with Rick about wanting to take Lydia to safety...why be so secretive ,and not tell them first before sneaking into find her? This is the second time Michonne had a gun pointed at her by a Grimes in this arc, maybe the third time they'll pull the trigger :zombies_rolleyes:

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I can't believe they killed Carl.

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I came here to say that I had been totally wrong about Michonne, and that I was surprised but glad to see her taking this situation with the Whisperers so calmly. I wondered if perhaps her boat adventures had been a spiritual journey where she was able to find some calm and zen. And I thought how nice it was of her to want to protect Lydia and take her to safety, since it was only a few issues ago that they were wrestling on the ground together...Hmm.

Also, fcuk Lydia. I know she's a kid and all, but I haven't liked her from the beginning and I don't approve of her being with Carl either. :p

#27 and138, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, it looks as if he was momentarily distracted by something he heard or saw past the doorway, hence the "..." word bubble. I wonder if someone was in the hallway eavesdropping?

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I'm serious

11. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

[MENTION=25512]jwcoombs[/MENTION] I agree with a lot of the stuff you said in your first post. I do agree that even to be a "good" leader in this world you have to have a certain degree of "bad," "evil", whatever you want to call it, in you. I agree that Rick and the antagonists like the Governor, etc are more alike than many would like to admit. Difference is, Rick mostly does things for the "good" reasons. Also, yes I do think Rick was looking more like the kickass promise-keeper we know and love! That's very encouraging. He isn't the pushover after all...I know Eugene is riddled with grief right now, I hope Rick understands that that is what is really fueling this side of Eugene. I feel for Eugene and Michonne with what they've lost recently.
    [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] I agree, I don't really trust Lydia either. And I definitely don't like her being with my boy Carl! (I totally want him to be with Sophia!). I just can't believe that after spending a large part of her childhood in the whisperers environment she is completely innocent. I'm not buying it. I understand her not wanting to be around those horrible men, I get that. But I almost think sometimes that she is playing Carl by using the "poor girl in danger" thing (since Carl is kind of like his dad was with helping people), using a physical relationship to draw him closer, and I just don't know if she's genuine. And ya, her pointing that gun at Andrea is not helping her get into my good graces...So we'll have to see about her.
    [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] don't forget me in the mention bomb!!!

This was a good issue. Can't wait to see what happens next.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'll add you to the OP now to ensure you'll be tagged next time. :)

13. Neuropyramidal

I got the sense that the statements from Eugene made Rick open his eyes to the safety of Lydia. So he was just kind of looking over by the staircase, thinking "I've got to get Lydia out of here".

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It could be that, too. Where is Lydia staying, in the house, and that's why Rick looks toward the stairs? Or did Andrea have to get her from somewhere else?

I guess if someone was in the hall, Eugene would have noticed because Andrea asks him to leave in the next panel and he walks out the door. On the other hand, I just found it strange that Eugene is yelling in Rick's face, and he turns his head all the way to the side and seems to be focused on something else.

15. Neuropyramidal

Yes, I think Lydia is in the house, upstairs. Or maybe in a room on the first floor, in the direction Rick was looking. Michonne later went to that house to find Lydia, and Rick said they had already left.

16. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

Finally read the latest two issues, after a break caused by my "delusion" by august issue (#145 iirc)

good issue for me, I even felt "longer" than usual, probably due to the large amount of talks.
    I also enter the "feel worried for Andrea" group, especially after Rick's words, which remainded me what he said to Andrea about avoiding kills to step on from the past and.. the following page Gregory was hanged...
    And I have to say I don't like Lydia too, since the beginnig I always thought she is not a good character and how she acts doesn't reflect her real behaviour.
    Next issue has someone crying while dressing the roaming skin, then Rick and Negan and then the already mighty #150.

Who will betray who ?

I start thinking that Rick won't be able to handle the community rage and this will lead to not good events, they feel betrayed by Rick (just check some panels how people look at him) and if they will do something against him, Rick will feel betrayed by them.

The only thing I'm actually sure is that some good issues will come in the near future :)

17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Whaaat; you're reading now?

18. jwcoombs

Yeah, at first I couldn't tell if the highlighted bit was the bridge of his nose, or the side of his ear. Also, the shape of his head/face is very vague/misleading. It could be his profile, or he could be facing straight forward. But now; after looking at it more I too agree that he's turned his head and is peering into the foyer. As to why I'm not sure. Was turning his head, or turning his nose up, so to speak, at Eugene? As if to communicate that this ludicrous conversation is over? Maybe he was "showing him the door" with a direction nod of the head? Or was his attention pulled away from Eugene by a noise or movement in the dark foyer/stairwell? I do know that personality-wise, Rick has never seemed like the type to rely on body language to get his message across; certainly not in a situation like this.

19. jwcoombs

I hadn't thought about it that way but that make sense too. That, coupled with the possibility that said realization made him a bit uncomfortable/ashamed? I could see that as well; he talked all this big talk about the safety of ASZ and the type of life and childhood they could provide for Lydia, but it's increasingly beginning to seem as if that were wishful thinking.

20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

As far as adapting for TV, I could never see Josh's Eugene pull that scene off. The character on TV is too eccentric