Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 148 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by BatmansHooker, Nov 10, 2015.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

It would catch alot of people off guard if this happens. You woulnt be able to tell wheather he's f*cking with you and not.

2. Sco

Sco Member

I really enjoyed this issue, can't wait for 149!

3. WatWD

WatWD Member

Good issue!!

Lydia/Andrea/Carl pulling a gun on each other, Paul starting the brawl, Rick making threats and !! Negan !!

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I laughed a lot at that "shitting in comic books" thing. I like how they print criticisms as well as fan mail.

I was just thinking how supportive that guy was being of Alpha, and that maybe some of the Whisperers are actually decent people, which would make it kinda sad when Rick's group has to kill them all. And then we saw what happens to decent people in their group. Damn, Alpha is cold.

#24 and138, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I liked that part too. Because we just saw him doing the priest thing at the funeral, one would assume he's been spending some time since then comforting the people so that hopefully they wouldn't freak out, which would account for the defeated look on his face as he's standing in the middle of the brawl. :zombies_lol:

6. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

Finished reading right now, as usual I found interesting the Letter Hacks, the most interesting thing was to see how many criticism letters were published, all of them with the same complain: the story since the end of AOW has become bland, lack of dialogues.
    I wonder who is the character who will return after long time...
    and I agree with who said that Rick will just ask Negan for advises, #149 title is clear about that "the devil on your shoulder" looks like someone is advising you more than someone is fighting near to you.
    Maybe Rick will ask Negan if he knows about the Whisperers, this is something never explained in the comic; ok they are a nomad community, but the Saviours had contacts with all the communities we know so far, so maybe they had a "contact" in the past and Negan realized they couldn't be treated as he did with the others.

And of course looking forward to understand what kind of betrayal we'll see :)

7. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Loved this issue. So much going on, and then that last page, bam!
    Oh shit!
    Can't wait to see where this is headed.
    Do we ave any more double issue months this year?

8. ImDrunk

ImDrunk Member

A very good read!
    Andrea drawed fast! Carl standing up to his mother was very nice, considering he had his gun pointed at her first, silly Carl!
    Glad to see that the Sanctuary is now called "sweet home", looks like Dwight made some very good changes, people seem to look up to him.
    Alpha is a very interesting character, I believe the skin mask she wears symbolizes what she has been forced to become in order to survive, she can't fight it back, she can't escape it, the woman she was resides deep on the inside and those tears are her screams.... And then she just sliced that guy's neck.:Grin:

That riot was so f*cking cool! Seeing Eugene stand up against the other people was great, Father Gabriel had me laughing! "My Lord...":zombies_lol: Jesus continues to impress me with his loyalty and devotion to Maggie but the highlight of the riot was Rick claiming he would KILL the next person who threw a punch.

Finally we have that last panel, Negan knew this moment would come, Rick wished it hadn't.
    149 is going to be good!

9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Only person feeling meh about it, eh? :/

10. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

It had some good bits (the beginning, Alpha - the ending) but it wasn't the strongest imo either.

11. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

don't forget the fight between communities
    I think it could be a significative turning point (and the issue was titles "no turning back"... :) ) as it happened before #100 : during No Way Out story Rick and his group couldn't be defeated by anyone idea grew up very strong, a lot of bad things happened, but they always survived.
    Then arrived that trip from Alexandria to Hilltop, they were caught and one of them was brutally killed.
    This was the end of the "Rick's team invulnerability" and thus the best arc story started.

After AOW Kirkman spent a lot of issues to show us how all the communities grew up together, living peacefully and all of them were going in the same direction.
    But since the introduction of the Whisperers something changed and that fights for me means "the community system" is going to be broken (and #151 title is explicative).

Maybe I'm wrong but I would not underestimate the meaning of that fight.

#31 Moor-Angol, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Wasn't talking about the fight anyway, but the issue in general.
    I think it could've been stronger.

13. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

yeah, I know, you pointed out what you felt interesting in the issue, but you didn't mentioning the fight cause it's in the middle of the story, while you basically liked the beginning and the end :)

14. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Not really, I just pointed out two random things that I liked.

15. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

Uhg waiting another month now.... lol

My thoughts

• Like Like x 1