Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 150 cover art and details

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by Tony Davis, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THE WALKING DEAD #150
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER A: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    COVER B: BLANK SKETCH VARIANT
    JANUARY 13
    40 PAGES | Black and White | Mature
    $2.99Special EXTRA-sized anniversary issue.
    In our 150th issue, Rick Grimes finds himself… BETRAYED.

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

looks like he likely survives, but someone else doesn't. He's also pissed.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Holy. ****ing. Shit.

I don't even know where to begin.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, extra-sized! :Grin:

Also, holy hell, what is going on with Rick? Does this mean he kills the friend who betrays him?

5. ltomlinson31

[MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=8873]TGO[/MENTION] [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=25512]jwcoombs[/MENTION] (worth the shot)

Tiny mention bomb but I'm on my phone at work.

My first reaction is that I'm ****ing worried about Andrea.

6. MantisTaboganMD

Whose blood? Does Rick have a swollen eye? Who will Negan take to the prom? So many questions.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The two most obvious culprits for a betrayal severe enough to lead Rick to kill them in a fashion that leads to an explosion of blood would be Negan and Alpha, but they may be too obvious, plus it wouldn't really be accurate to call it a 'betrayal', since neither of those characters had Rick's trust to begin with.

And I don't think any main character would die at the hands of Rick like that. At least not any time soon. I'm going to go off on a limb and put forth a probably unpopular theory that this could end up being a relatively minor character. Kirkman has hinted in recent letter hacks that we will find out who the father of Rosita's baby is. This father now has good reason to be pretty angry [especially if he knew Rosita's baby was his]. Perhaps Rick's wishy-washy response to Alpha's group leads to even more tragedy, and this father tries to retaliate against Rick in some way.

Siddiq?

Keep an eye out in issues 147-149 if a male redshirt character begins to suddenly gain a slight increase in prominence. If so, I think we might have our baby-daddy. ;)

8. ltomlinson31

Negan was my initial thought as well, especially after the 149 cover, but that feels way too obvious.

I think you may be right on it being a more minor character. The most important takeaway from this issue is that the peaceful A New Beginning Rick will be gone. He has been keeping his brutal side of him bottled up for the last few years, and this is where it erupts in brutal fashion. This may even be the darkest we see Rick yet.

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Negan betraying Rick would be the least shocking thing to ever happen in the series, so I don't think that's it. Also, I would find it hard to believe Rick could kill Negan, outside of a gunshot or a surprise attack

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Dante or forgive me - Jesus? I would also like to think Maggie, but it won't be her blood, all over him. Whoever it is, has to really set him off.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dante is a possibility, if Rick strips Maggie of her power or if Maggie is severely injured due to Rick's lack of action against Alpha or something.

12. ltomlinson31

I'm guessing it will be someone close to one of the people executed by the Whisperers. One of them will get really upset with Rick over how this is being handled, and it gets ugly.

13. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Holy mother f*cking-shit-testicles-licking-f*ck.

The cover of this issue assures me of 2 things;

1. 150 will indeed be a special issue, as it should be.
    2. Rick's still got it. People have been going on and on about how he needs to die because he has a limp and metal hand. This issue is gonna be that "how about THEM apples" issue. Rick mutha f*ckin Grimes isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

It took a while but I've finally managed to turn my thoughts on this cover into words:

15. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Don't think it would be Maggie since they already had a lil scuffle.

Rick seems to be snapping lately, first it was Olivia, then it was Maggie, the guy may finally snap crackle and pop and kill someone in the community thus making the community turn on him. It could be perhaps after/if Negan is released his influence consumes him.

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Maybe it is "Old Man Grimes" who betrays everyone else? His inability to act causes yet another death/string of deaths, and his totalitarian attitude of "MY accomplishments, MY communities, MY world" leads into a "You are either with me or against me" final solution. Throw out anyone that disagrees with his methods, and lock the gates... That's how we do in Crazytown.

Maybe Rick walks in on Andrea and Carl, while Andrea is screaming "Do to me what you did to Rosita!" That could lead up to that cover, you think?

18. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's just fake blood. Rick is trolling us.

19. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Ermahgawd so awesome ! Til i see that i have to wait til frickin January to find out what the hell is going on!! They need to go back to the 2 issues a month thing . :zombies_lol:

20. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

I say Maggie

I start by saying I didn't read September issue yet

Maggie had a discussion with Rick about how to handle the Whisperers, in #149 we saw Negan set free, this thing really would piss off Maggie.
    Maybe Maggie will try to kill Negan as a revenge for Glenn's death, and this can be viewed as a betrayal (the cover is just the cover, not always what we see from the cover happens, doesn't it ?)

Another reading : Gleen died in #100, Maggie dies in #150