Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 150 cover art and details

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by Tony Davis, Oct 8, 2015.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

One side of me wants to ask if you've perhaps been watching too many videos on the Internet whose titles begin with the words, "stepmom walks in on stepson..."

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I doubt it would be Maggie. I'm sort of indifferent towards her, but just don't think it would make much sense to be her after certain events from the September issue which I won't spoil for you as they're the only real thing that happened during that issue.

Also, who is Gleen? ;)

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

No, but I am gonna do that right now....

Carl is the original "Apocalyptic bad boy". Can't keep him down, because that boy is UP!

4. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;lITBGjNEp08]http://youtu.be/lITBGjNEp08[/video]
    :zombies_lol: I kid I kid
    But seriously Rick killing Maggie over Negan sounds stupid. Like why would he kill someone he has know nothing since the early stages of the apocalypse, for some whack job who he has locked up in a cage .

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

The likelihood of Rick killing anyone of greater importance than Harlan is extremely low.

6. TROR

TROR Member

What if Rick isn't the one betrayed, but rather the one betrayer? Is it possible he made a deal with Alpha promising Lydia would go back to her safe and sound only to kill her when he meets with Alpha? Seems a little off due to the fact Alpha willingly gave her up because she thought she'd be safer there, but who knows. I'm just spitballing here.

#26 TROR, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. Eat_Cow

Eat_Cow Member

I think it's plausible to say there's a realistic chance that Rick is the betrayer, judging by the next covers. Think about it-

Issue 147: This one is the hardest to interpret to me. Characters have been on covers to throw the reader off, while that character doesn't even show up in those scenes at all. I'm going to say that, judging by the name of "Out in the Open", the characters have a cautious vibe about them.. Maybe they're scouting territory, looking for Alpha. I can't really say, but we'll find out soon enough. I'm gonna predict for the sake of this prediction that they find Alpha and threaten Lydia's life. Carl's on the cover so that may seem unlikely, but bear in mind, they could make a bluff to scare Alpha without actually intending to hurt Lydia, and Carl might not even be in on it.

Issue 148: Alpha has made a bad decision that ends up putting Lydia in danger (or is unsure about what to do about the threat against Lydia) or she could possibly be crying because she's unstable and emotional; she realizes that what she's created is wrong, that there's "no going back" to the way things were, and that she's ****ed up with her parenthood, which I think is more likely due to Kirkman misleading and the nature of Alpha's character.

Issue 149: Rick goes to check on Negan as he normally does, unsure of what to do anymore. Negan and Rick have a talk. Negan, of course, ultimately tells Rick he has to do whatever it takes to make his enemy submit to his rule.. and that means killing.

Issue 150: This issue could be the biggest turning point of Rick's character and TWD if my prediction comes true. Rick is done ****ing around with Alpha. She killed his people to tell him not to **** with her/her territory, well.. Rick has to send that same message back. Rick takes Lydia to Alpha and makes a final warning. Rick wants Alpha to stop her shit. No territory, no threats or killing against his people. He has Lydia with a knife to her throat. Does this sound familiar? Alpha doesn't accept, but she doesn't decline. She only pleads. Rick listens to Negan's advice.. Whatever it takes. He slashes Lydia's throat.. Betraying his son, betraying his own mindset of peace, betraying his whole people in a certain sense of not being the leader he was before. If The Walking Dead is truly Carl's story (I believe Kirkman once said it was), then this puts Carl in a very similar position that Rick was in: There's a ruthless tyrant leading a community that will do whatever it takes to lead and get what he wants. This is Rick's transformation into becoming a tyrant, of becoming The Governor; and this time, to Carl, it's not just a madman that he's up against. It's his own father, and he killed his girlfriend.

.. But I'm probably totally wrong. Thoughts?

8. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Oh shit! Rick Grimes back in the game!

9. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

I'm also gonna throw it out that that look at how strong Rick looks in this pic.
    For me the biggest thing aside from the blood is no cane.
    Particularly after recent issues, including having to drop his cane to go for his gun when he saw Negan's cell door open.
    And how easy it was to get him off his feet in his fight with Maggie.
    Rick here looks strong, badass, and ready to lead.

10. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

The Halloween party? It would be a great fall party after the fair...

11. TROR

TROR Member

I don't know if they'll set Rick up as a dictator, since getting revenge is what most people there seem to want, but I feel like there's a lot in this theory making sense.

12. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

damn iphone automatic corrector...

ok, bad excuse :D

and thanks for not spoiling me, but this week I will probably read both issues, #150 cover really hyped me :D

but that "the only real thing that happened during that issue" really makes me feeling that I did the right thing last month, or I would have been disappointed again after August issue

13. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I think Maggie will be the one doing the betraying. I think she'll be getting the axe very soon. I think Maggie might decide to lead a small contingent militia of mostly Hilltop volunteers to war against the Whisperers. This will fail miserably; not only resulting in a large number of casualties, but also sparking off a full on war between the Whisperers and the communities. A war which will come down on the heads of all the survivors; dragging everyone into the chaos. Not just those select few Hilltop residents who threw the first punch.

This will clearly infuriate Rick; as now he has no choice but to rally the forces and fight the war. Diplomatic negotiations ended with the borders being marked. Even though Maggie will have failed terribly in her attempts at making war; she will still not be at all humbled by the experience. She will still be chomping at the bit for vengeance and violence. Rick will still staunchly disagree(but will know there is no turning back now; he's got to defend himself). Maggie, in a fit of rage, will believe that the communities will stand no chance in winning this war if they are even slightly divided or fractured. She knows Rick's influence over the people and their opinions is still strong so she will attempt to take him out of the picture, essentially dethroning and usurping him and his authority. This will backfire as well; resulting in Rick having no choice but to put Maggie down for good.

14. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

this might be interesting

15. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Imagine if betrayal is Rick got Rosita pregnant and kills Eugene.

16. Kwstas

Kwstas New Member

Maybe Rick kills Negan or Andrea has period :p

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

They are having variant covers for 150.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this one I love. Done by Tony Moore, basically the Issue 1 Cover but with a modern Rick and reflections of dead characters from the Atlanta camp in the windows. I spot Jim, Shane, Dale, Ben, Billy, Glenn, Allen, and the last one is Amy or Carol? I'm thinking Amy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. HugoStiglitz

HugoStiglitz New Member

Variant Cover #150

Hi Guys,

im pretty new here and I am a collector of the issues. Yesterday i found out that there will be those variant covers to #150. I really like the Tony Moore Cover but im not sure which one i want to have. At the Moment I preordered all five at the comic shop but I am not sure if i want to buy five issues of #150 ^^ But the collector in me wants to have them all.. :Grin: so whos got same problems with the announced variants?

sorry for my english I am not a native speaker :zombies_blush:

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

ommmmgggggggggggg yessssss

Last one looks like Amy to me.

#39 BatmansHooker, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God.

Gotta collect 'em all!

Seriously, I need them all.

I need the Michonne one for obvious reasons, but also the artist is Jason Latour, who does Southern Bastards, which I'm also collecting (but am way behind in reading).

Ryan Ottley did a variant of TWD issue #100, the Michonne one. I freaking love this one with the bullets flying everywhere and the maggots.

And the Tony Moore one, what can I say? I am so pleasantly surprised that he and Kirkman have worked out their differences and he has returned to do this cover.