Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 151 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by HondaS2kXD, Feb 3, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

#1 HondaS2kXD, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just read it. I'll say more when I have more time, but I'm glad Gabriel has become a real character again.

And please no....don't send Carl to lead the Saviors. That is just Lifetime Original nonsense.

3. Neuropyramidal

And who is Eugene talking to? I like to think he is not having a Rickesque mental breakdown. I hope its a real person.

4. HondaS2kXD

Okie dokie. So, the survivors are all training together. So that's nifty.

Dwight is continuing to be a bitch about being a leader. Snazzy.

Michonne is going to be the head of the hilltop, which is groovy.
    get it? Head?... I'm sorry.

Michonne hinted (with all the subtlety of a chainsaw running in a library) that she thinks Carl should lead the Saviors. Idk. On the one hand, I'm with Neuro. I don't think it would work-- both because it would feel forced and because I don't think the Saviors would go for it. On the other hand, Dwight doesn't have plot armor, Carl does, and since I hate one of those characters and the other is my favorite, I wouldn't be opposed to one of them beating the other to death with a shovel with a sharpened blade, named Sharlene. That would be spiffy.

And Eugene found a voice on a radio. Cool beans. In the letter hacks, it sounded like they might be coming in contact with some military faction. That could be neat-o. But then again, Eugene did just lose Rosita. And in the walking dead, when you lose a loved one, you start hallucinating things. Now, was anybody with Eugene when he got the reply over the radio? Was the radio plugged into anything? Is the radio actually a radio and not a large Cheerios box with a ball of yarn tied to it for a microphone? I won't be sure until someone other than Eugene talks to someone over the radio.

5. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Hilltop? Don't you mean the Kingdom?

6. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

7. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Quick thoughts:

I will memorize everyone in the army by tonight. Quick glance at it now, I see Kelly, Annie, Heath, Marco, Dante, Aaron, Siddiq, I think Brianna but I might be cumpletely wrong on that, Vincent, Magna, Connie, Yumiko, stupid f*cking Dwight, Laura and soon to be Father Gabriel. There are two I can't tell right now. Do you know, [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]?

I'm tired of Dwight's "I am useless and I suck" shtick. Like I'm glad you're self aware, but it's tiring. Also die on the show off screen and ever appear again please.

Father Gabriel starting to come back and serve a purpose in the story is cool.

Also I'm excited for this radio thing. I hope it isn't a dumb hallucination as a working radio would add so much to the story and it has a ton of potential to make the world even bigger.

I just zoomed in and I looked at a bit and I don't think that's Brianna.

#7 ltomlinson31, Feb 3, 2016
  8. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Good issue. Ending was a cool surprise.. as people said hope this isn't prison phone 2.0 we have. I like how Rick told Dwight to stop being a bitch and man up (well in different words). Anyone else find the comment made by Kirkman in letter hacks about negan NEVER leaving his cell interesting? I was hoping he would see the light of day at least once more.

10. Neuropyramidal

I think that's about right, and I'll just add that I think Larry might be the person whose face is half blocked by Rick's arm in one panel. As for Brianna, I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to make sense that it would be her, since she's just about to leave for the Hilltop with Maggie. In the panels where the army returns to Alexandria, the Brianna looking woman is walking just ahead of Rick. A couple panels later, Brianna is seen holding Hershel next to Maggie. It seems like the implication was that she had been with Hershel and Maggie all along, yet she also appears to be wearing the same sleeveless vest that the army member was wearing. Not sure.

After reading the letter hacks I think Eugene really is talking to somebody. Whether its actually a new group, I'm less sure. It could be someone we already know about. Maybe someone with naughty plans. Either way, they were definitely trying to show us that this radio obsession is Eugene's entire life right now. The table was accumulating with dinner plates that Eugene hadn't bothered to take away or wash. At first I thought that could be a sign of some mental instability, but after reading the letter hacks I think they are just trying to show us that this obsession is how he is replacing Rosita right now.

And I think the idea of Carl going to lead the saviors would definitely be forced. We haven't even been going in that direction with his character. He's become low key over the years, and was training as a blacksmith. To jump from that to the leader of a huge group of muscle-bound men would really make no sense. In addition, do we really think the Saviors would suddenly accept a skinny one-eyed teenager as their leader?

11. ltomlinson31

Yeah, I think you may be right about Larry. He was one of the ones I couldn't figure out but that makes sense given it looks like him and he lost Louie. Still trying to figure out the other one, if she even has a name.

[​IMG]

Edit: I took a look at the Wiki page for 151 and they list Paula (Nicholas' wife) as in this issue. Also, I quickly looked and Mikey greeted her. Don't know how I missed that at first.

#11 ltomlinson31, Feb 3, 2016
  12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I liked this issue a lot more than the previous one. I was slightly disappointed with that. This issue opened a few more storytelling and development doors, which I'm excited about.

I'm hoping the person on the other end of the radio is someone from another community. Perhaps a little further away. It'd be cool if we found that there were other structured and maintained communities that co-exist and communicate as a unified society, similar to Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom and Saviors.

As for Michonne, I'm sure we all expected for her to lead The Kingdom in Ezekiel's absence. I see her comment about Carl as more of a light joke about Rick having his own people leading the other communities, rather than a hint that Carl will actually lead The Saviors. While I have no doubt that Carl will one day come into a leadership position, he's still a kid. A tough, experienced kid. But a kid. Unfortunately, I still see Dwight (ugh) growing into leadership of the Saviors.

13. Neuropyramidal

the one with the question mark is Paula.

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you figured that out already.

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I thought it was interesting that at the beginning a big deal was made about Rick's not being able to use a two-handed gun. (Sorry, Americans, but I don't know anything about the types of guns. But you know what I mean.) He's been one-handed for years and did just fine with a pistol. But if he feels he shouldn't be out on the front lines, that's even more reason for Dwight to step up and become either a leader or a second-in-command, along with Jesus. It really does feel as if he's taking a Daryl-like role.

I wonder what Michonne will find when she gets back to the Kingdom. Will she be able to simply step in, or has someone else taken leadership in her absence? I also wonder why she needed that little push from Rick to decide to take leadership. It seems as if she was waiting there in hopes that he would ask her not to go back to the boat. I am going to burst before the Telltale game comes out to find out what is up with Michonne and Pete and the fishing boat.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I can't decide whether Kirkman was stressing NEVER because it seriously is never going to happen or because he's trolling us and it's totally going to happen.

16. Neuropyramidal

I think he was trolling. It seems like if Negan really never gets out of that cell, then the only consequence of Kirkman stating this fact now would be to ruin any mystery regarding Negan's character.

17. ltomlinson31

I also realized that when Rick was talking about Vincent about doing one bad thing doesn't make you a bad person, he paused for a bit, said he was just thinking, and then went to check up on Negan. As if he's rethinking on how he is handling Negan. I wonder if that's just nothing or will lead to something in the future.

18. TROR

TROR Member

I didn't even realize this issue was coming out. A pleasant surprise, if I do say so.

19. HondaS2kXD

Rigan gon happen.

20. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

In regards to the the voice on the radio this would be a great opportunity to connect the video games to the actual comic. Not sure how far away a radio like that can reach but at the end of season 2 Clementine was in a community somewhere around the surrounding states to the west. This would likely take place around the time (or after) season 3 so it would be a good opportunity to connect the two.

I think Kirkman once said he wouldn't do that but if they plan on bringing in an entirely new set of communities placed somewhere far off Clementine's community would be a cool nod and would definitely make it seem like a larger universe.

Also Kirkman was clearly just being sarcastic when he said Negan would never leave the cell. You definitely shouldn't take Kirkman literally all the time.

#20 lastcat3, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016