Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 151 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by HondaS2kXD, Feb 3, 2016.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I hope it made Rick remember how Negan and Vincent are different, because Negan did many bad things in a cold and calculating manner, as opposed to Vincent, who got sucked into something bad because he was scared and angry. But you're right, I did also wonder if maybe Rick was thinking about whether Negan deserves some measure of forgiveness. It seemed as if that scene was ambiguous on purpose.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

In the Letter Hacks they said issues would be coming out at the beginning of the month from now on. :)

3. TROR

TROR Member

Really caught me by surprise when I saw it was out tbh

Not really much to talk about in this issue it seems. Pretty quiet thread.

4. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I wonder if the right person to lead the saviours is Negan! Wait!!! Hear me out. If the voice on the radio is another larger more aggressive community then you want the right man at the head of your army. The question is could Rick keep control of Negan.
    Im kind of surprised that in the few years since it settled down they haven't sent out long range scouts. Pioneers.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think there's not much to talk about yet because these last few issues have been mostly straightforward and building a few storylines.

I am still wondering about the scene [MENTION=47172]ltomlinson31[/MENTION] brought up, though. In issue 150, it seemed as if Rick had borrowed a page or two from Negan's playbook. Now this issue, he seems more like himself (meaning, the more mature post-time jump Rick) again, willing to forgive for forgiveness's sake.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think (hope!) Rick knows he could never fully trust Negan.

And yes, you would think they would have scouts. But maybe they do and we haven't heard about them yet? The fact that there is a fishing boat and a trade route between the communities makes me suspect there may be more allies travelling around. But then again, I guess they would have encountered the Whisperers earlier.

What is the range on the type of radio Eugene fixed?

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it would be repeating the same storyline they had with the saviors so soon. I think if it is an entirely new community the main theme of the story arc would just be exploring deeper into the world. Instead of finding out there are other communities in the same city as you it would be finding out there are other communities in entirely new cities or perhaps even states.

8. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I think its an interesting story arc that Rick has realised he is old and not the man he was. I don't remember that happening to comic book heroes before, they usually never age, or never lose their skills or powers. He now has to lead by diplomacy, rather than being the baddest mofo out there. His skills now are to surround himself with trusted loyal lieutenants. I didn't see the story twisting like this, and I like it.

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

It's good for the comic but it is something that would be totally unadaptable to the show. Rick needs to stay strong in the tv show. This is another reason why I think the show should end after All Out War.

10. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Carl leading a group could be cool. Probably won't happen yet but I think he's going to become some type of figure/leader eventually

[​IMG]

Maybe sooner then we think. I think Carl's arc from this point on is going to increasingly become more leadership focused.

11. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Just read the issue and I was bored out of my mind. Could have been just because I was in a bad mood since I currently only have one working nostril.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Which nostril? :p

13. TheWalkingHorn

The right one. I think the left one didn't eat cleanly this week or get enough sleep. It happens.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The left one might have fallen in Scientology! But there is still hope.

15. TheWalkingHorn

If the left one fell into Scientology then I may just have to become a mouth breather.

[​IMG]

16. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight New Member

I mean it could have been a lot worse on that front.

17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

So what do people of make of Negan at this point?
    Genuine attempt to become a partner and confidant or just biding his time and waiting for his moment?
    If so, having been locked up all that time, was he really likely to get a better moment than when his cell door was accidentally locked up?

Or is he kinda getting a bit of a Stockholm thing going on?

18. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

I have been rereading the comics to prep for 6b of the show. So I am reminded that Negan is a horrible person but there was a small part of him that could be reasoned with. He's not unstable or irrational like the Governor. Negan is very smart, calculating, and always had reasons behind his actions. He also had weird rules that at times seemed rational and not evil. So I don't think he is full evil. I don't know what to make of him but I think under the correct guidance and circumstances he could be useful and maybe be a decent member of the community.