Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 154

Discussion in 'Volume 25: No Turning Back' started by Keiran, May 3, 2016.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Aaron!!! :zombies_nosmile: Now we might never know if he'd go for Jesus after all, despite the booty call guy.

I really liked the talk between Andrea and Maggie at the beginning of the issue. I can't remember the last time those two had a relaxed, friendly conversation about "normal" stuff like kids and getting older and remembering those who have passed.

And Negan sassing the Whisperers has to be the best thing I've read in a long time. Who else would have the balls to walk in there alone and just start making fun of them. :zombies_lol: The best lines were the thing about the Russian nesting dolls and "I'd bet my handsomenest nut."

I, also, was not expecting the voice on Eugene's radio to be female, for some reason.

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Gotta love Negan and his colorful dialogue (Best line was the one about how they have probably stabbed one of their own before and just tossed him in a bush ;P )... I love that I am at a loss as to where this is all heading right now, it has been a while. I don't think Aaron is done for quite yet, but let's see how Michonne handles this first before I pass judgment. She could give up and be taken hostage while Aaron dies in a ditch somewhere, or kill em all and get Aaron back to a doctor in time, or he gets left and it turns out to be superficial and he can make it on his own. We shall see...

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes to all of those Negan lines lol. I was loving every second of his dialogue with the whisperers. I was planning on writing some of it down at work so i could remember and talk about it here, but all i wrote down was "Beta McTwoknives" and "skin helmet" on a sticky note...then later i thought it would be weird if my boss or someone saw it, and i threw it away.

I loved when he said to Beta something like, "Do you just hang out behind the others hoping the dead won't notice your chin?"

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nor was I. And I think this was deliberate. The dialogue of that character was written in a way that made it sound masculine, and I don't think that was an accident. I think Kirkman wanted us to all go "oh shit...Stephanie?? Its a female!!!".

5. Sco

Sco Member

I want to know more about Beta.... This was a pretty darn good issue, except for losing Aaron.

6. TROR

TROR Member

Do you ever read an issue and when you're done you say "I wish I bought the physical copy"? That was one of these issues.

7. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Ill be pissed if Aaron dies :zombies_mad: and not gonna lie but I think Alpha looked pretty awesome in the last panel :zombies_lol:
    And I feel a bit worried that Carl isn't going back to ASZ.. And now that Sophia is back there I just feel like Lydia will be a jealous 13 itch if Carl talks with her

8. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I can't wait until I'm finally caught up and can actively participate in these things. I only have... 58 more issues to go to catch up. LOL

Do the comics typically drop monthly or twice a month or what's the scheduling usually like? I'm completely brand new to this whole comic subscription thing.

But I wanted to extend thanks to everyone posting the awesomeness that is "Deep Thoughts by Negan". Never have out-of-context comic panels about dicks been so amazing as they are whenever that magnificent bastard struts around. :zombies_lol:

9. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

They usually drop once a month, but there have been occasions of twice a month but those seemed to have stopped

10. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, as soon as she said her name, my impulse was to go back to the last couple of issues to read the dialogue again, but by that time it was already past my bedtime. I'm not sure if it was something she said or Eugene's replies that made me assume she was male.

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

The part where Rick dies of a sudden heart attack while eating corn on the cob at the fair is just crazy. None of us saw it coming.

12. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

I would venture something cool between Alpha Beta and Negan is going down. Alpha may "mate" with Negan but Alpha will choose to continue to "mate" with Beta because of their beliefs. They are wild animal like creature almost now. This in turn will piss off Negan....who knows where this will go but I wouldnt be surprised.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Too bad it will be quite a while before we get to this point, and time will be marching on. 20 years ago, I would have the perfect person to play Beta...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006888/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

Who do we have now that fits this type? I'm drawing a blank. Maybe Thomas Ian Griffith or Dolph lundgren would fit here. Needs to be someone over 6'4" at least to be such a tower.

14. Jay Bonansinga

I can't believe Rick went down like that. It didn't even have butter on it either. I wonder who is going to "put him down" My vote would have been Gregory, but everyone knows what POS Maggie did to our fan favorite beloved leader.

Thank You~Jay

15. Jay Bonansinga

I'm betting that Negan will mate with Beta which will make Gamma and Delta upset.

Thank You~Jay

16. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Personally I am still hoping the tv show doesn't go anywhere near the storylines we have gotten post timeskip. Nothing wrong with them in literature form but the sheer amount of politics involved would make for one boring tv show.

#36 lastcat3, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  17. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Often times what feels dragged out and boring in the comics wouldn't be in a TV show because you only get one issue per month.

Which sometimes is like getting one half episode a month.

Season 2 for example felt boring and dragged out because we were waiting each week for it, when you can binge it...it's no where near as bad.

The comics have taken over 10 years to do what the show did in 6.

It was easy to feel the hopelessness that Rick felt so early on in the comics because we had been following him for years already. Yet in the show it wouldn't have played well for season 3 Rick to be so pessimistic and aggressive.

18. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

I was very upset when I found he was reading for Marvel's Crossbones and he didn't get it. He would have been perfect.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0243806/

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

At 6'6", I think this is our second chance to get Kevin Durand on the show, since we missed the opportunity with the Negan casting. ;)

[​IMG]

20. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I was picturing someone more lanky, but I am always up for KD finding work in something else I watch...

"You ain't no g*****n Chinese!"