Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 156

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by mishone, Jul 5, 2016.

1. mishone

mishone Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Having not read it yet, I'm not sure everything is what it seems, but if it is...
    these two posts were made the same day the cover came out

3. mishone

mishone Member

lol, lol, lol

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

I am a fan of absolutely everything happening in those panels. All of it.

5. Cris

Cris New Member

Oh, my! RIP Alpha!
    So all this Alpha build up was for nothing? I always thought she was an interesting villain... something different...

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

7. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed :zombies_rolleyes:

8. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

So, that makes the cover of #157 interesting, since she's dead by the time it comes out and apparently isn't even around for the start of this supposed Whisperer War.

Oh, Negan, what are you up to, you silly goose?

[​IMG]

9. Matt

Matt Member

It feels kinda sexist on Kirkman's part to introduce the comic's first female villain and then not only kill her off prematurely but in the most pathetic way imaginable. It destroys all of the impact that 144 had and renders this entire build-up of her character as a ruthless/calculating force pointless.

10. YR38

YR38 Member

we are half way to the moment we have all been waiting for

11. Tauri

Tauri New Member

I'm glad Alpha kicked it--never really liked her character. Her values were overly simplistic. It's great to find meaning in the zombie apocalypse and all, but she was sadly mistaken in the idea that the human animal is like other animals. As a matter of fact, most of the story has been about people reacting based on their instinctual nature. Alpha's idealistic society was like coming across some weird hippy cult attempting to find their inner chimpanzee.

Not only is her whole operation inherently flawed, but arrogantly walking among the dead like that is recipie for disaster. I mean just shoot a flaming arrow into the middle of a group and shoot anything that runs out.

I admit the head thing was bold, and surprising, but other than that, she was kind of an idiot.

12. Cordelly

Cordelly Member

Rick would agree with your statement as he himself said "Deep Down Alpha knows her people are ****ed"

but during the ZA I think she was purposely trying to appeal to those people knowing they would blindly follow her orders. I don't think she was an idiot(well i do for the things she would let people within her group do) because at the end of the day she was able to amass I huge following; & also able to coordinate huge herds of walkers. Now an idiot like let’s say Ed(Mostly AMC Ed) wouldn't be able to do something like this, that’s an idiot right there. She’s pretty smart to be able to coordinate & maintain such things.