Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 193 Is the Last One

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I didn't take this seriously yesterday when I first heard it.

I took it a bit more seriously today when multiple news outlets reported it.

And I took it even more seriously just now, when a friend of mine, who owns the local comic book store in my town, just told me that they canceled his option for pre-ordering any further Walking Dead comics after issue 193. :(. Maybe we should have known? "Sheriff Kapoor". I mean really.

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Gahh just posted this lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

I heard this reported yesterday, and completely dismissed it. I dismissed until I heard from my local comic book store owner just now, that they cancelled his future pre-orders for the comic.

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

In the article I posted it has Kirkman's comments from 193 letter hacks

5. Neuropyramidal

I saw those earlier today, and at first I didn't take it seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not read the comics but damn, end of an era for sure

OH and hey @Jag we miss you in the TV series section :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wait.......

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Just finding out about it and it does make sense given that the last two covers have seemed more like a joke than anything.

If true I wonder if this was planned for awhile or this was something he just decided to do recently. The way the Commonwealth story ended it in no way feels like a conclusion to the story. Infact it almost in many ways feels like a new beginning. We'll have to see what happens come tomorrow. I really wouldn't be surprised if he relaunches the Walking Dead story though with a completely different set of a characters or at least goes on a major timeskip where a completely different set of characters would be part of Alexandria and Hilltop.

It would seem strange that Kirkman would end it because nothing else he does sells anywhere close to what TWD does. But then again the tv shows have put him in a position to where he could afford to lose the TWD comic and still be able to make a lot of bank.

@Neuropyramidal what do you think. You think the TWD comic will end indefinitely or do you think Kirkman is just going to tell a different story within the Walking Dead comic universe in which characters like Maggie, Michonne, and many other of the adult characters are no longer a part of? You would have thought that if he was planning on ending a long running series like this he would give readers advanced warning of it like he did with that superhero comic he did.

I think we could all agree though that this does seem odd to just end it like this.

9. Neuropyramidal

At this point I'm taking him at face value. Financially with the franchise he is on top of the mountain, and this allows him to do whatever he wants, creatively, with his comics. My gut feeling is that he will continue the story in some new form...however, I think my gut theory is just my personal bias. Its what I want to happen. I don't think it will happen. I think, for our generation at least, its done.

Anything is possible in the future....years from now he could decide to continue it, or in 15 or 30 years he could decide to sell the rights to the story, and some new author could decide to continue the direct story, or do something else that is canon with the universe, but for us, right now, I think its over.

10. lastcat3

Yep. Probably the case. One thing that definitely is odd though if this was planned out like that leaked letter hacks note says it was would be if he had known for a while that it would be ending why would he even bother introducing the commonwealth? He easily could have spent the last twenty five issues focusing on an area readers had grown attached to instead of focusing entirely on a brand new location full of (largely) brand new characters.

THe fact that Commonwealth was introduced though makes me kind of feel like this hasn't been planned out as long as that letter hacks note claims. Maybe the Commonwealth story didn't turn out the way he wanted it to and he just feels burned out right now. Who knows.

11. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

12. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

HII!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I saw it yesterday, but it was considered a rumor. I just saw someone post on Instagram that it’s true.

I wonder if we will see Kapoor at the end of the 193 issue.

The truth is out there

14. Neuropyramidal

I think Kapoor was a joke. It was a little trick played on us to fill the false future covers. I'd be very surprised if he turns out to be a real character at this point.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It really felt like the previous issue was setting up the next phase of the story, not an epilogue.

Kirkman's worked on this for a decade and a half, completely understand him moving on. But man, it's so sudden.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. lastcat3

Yeah we will have to see how the final issue goes but right now I don't really believe this was long planned to be the ending. He may have had the epilogue planned out for quite some time but I think he may have just been playing it by ear in terms of when he wanted to end it. The comic has been a little dull for the past couple years and Kirkman may have been feeling the same way about the series. To me I think if this was truly intended to be the ending I don't think he would have bothered to introduce the Commonwealth and would have just spent the last twenty five issues at the Alexandria communities.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

God! You are so google lazy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THIS IS MY GOOGLE!!!!! Lol

I already googled it since everyone ignored me. LMAO

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1