Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It Choked

Discussion in 'Episode 913 - Chokepoint' started by Sharpie61, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Were you disapPOINTed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. blundig

blundig Member

I enjoyed it because they were successful against their foes, and Connie came into her own as a loyal fighter. That's all I want.

• Like Like x 3
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This season is definitely choking when it comes to delivering on action and making the heroes enemies seem truly threatening. Gimple may have been bad with dialogue the last couple seasons but at least the action scenes were fun to watch. Under Kang it is virtually the exact opposite. Good dialogue but very poor action sequences and the villains are basically all chumps already.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

I thought it was nice to see how limited available tech is becoming in these spread out communities. Our little, Road Warrior bunch has pretty much resorted to using museum piece, cap'n'ball muskets as firearms. Would've been radder if they were actual flintlocks seeing as how not everyone knows about making mercury caps.

• Like Like x 2
  5. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

At least we have sling-shots instead of just throwing stones.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Wasn't disappointed....but I was not THAT impressed either! Looking fwd to the next one

Highway Men were cool <3

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I liked the highwaymen more on the second watch. They just seemed dumb at first but they have promise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think I need to give it a second watch. Initially I was put off by his gravelly voice. Between Daryl, Beta and now this dude I think we have the gravel laced male voice shtick more than covered. And that old west gun fight at the ok corral music was silly IMO.

Perhaps on second viewing I will be more open to embracing the intended spirit of those scenes. More open to appreciating how it was filmed, i.e. human silhouettes standing among the mannequin silhouettes. Even just thinking about that part of the scene I can admit that I was perhaps too critical for my own good.

I was watching a youtube video this morning (Meg Stansfield channel) and she mentioned that in the comic book they have a crew that goes out and keeps the roads clear. Perhaps this group was written in to fill that void? I no longer read the comics so I do not know what (if any) role this might play in the coming episodes.

9. PepperAnn

Yeah I didn't know about that either.

The thing that still bugs me a bit is that a movie changed their mind on being pirates vs. the Kingdom. But I am willing to overlook it. LOL

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think on the surface it does seem ridiculous.

But a few things that were said prior to the kingdom entering the warehouse leads me to: (1) Carol was wise to realize that while the highway peeps could have killed Jerry and Dianne they chose rather to simply take their belongings and send them on their way with a note. AND Dianne agreed with Carol that they may not pose as big of a threat as they are hoping to present themselves as. (2) They could have held them hostage and sent a note by courier, but they did not. They let them go with nary a scratch. A bruised ego perhaps but that is the extent of their injuries. (3) After seeing how armed Jerry and Dianne were they could have chosen to tail them in order to get a fix on what level of supplies the kingdom had and then perhaps attack them by surprise - ya know the ol pillage and plunder pirate way of life. But they instead are willing to await a reply to the note.

I just think this is a group of guys who are playing it by ear and they came up with a plan on the spot to send a note about paying tolls in hopes that the kingdom leaders would simply agree. In thinking about it a few days after the episode it seems unlikely that they are a group of bad guys but rather a group of guys who have been doing the best they could and now perhaps an opportunity to actually live a bit of the good life (i.e. as represented by the movie offer) was enough encouragement to align themselves with the Kingdom

I have talked myself into giving them a chance LMAO!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. PepperAnn

LOL I have too. For all the reasons you have said. Also, their intro was pretty damn cool. Who is real who is mannequin. At least I thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. blundig

blundig Member

What I would like to see, which isn't going to happen, of course, is adroit maneuvers and traps that destroy millions of walkers over time, with the focus on taking back the earth instead of wallowing in some trite "we have met the enemy and it is us" defeatism.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Just having a character who'd think that way and see the bigger picture would be very interesting. Maybe we'll go that route with the movies, I guess the helicopter people have wider schemes than just growing onions.

• Agree Agree x 1