Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It was so dark

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Wombat, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Wombat

Wombat Member

Yeah the story was... But I'm talking about the scenes at the library.

realise it was showing how they were surviving on the basics... But there were so many scenes I couldn't even see anything.

When Abraham was taking watch at the window and Glenn wandered over.... I honestly thought it was Glen running into/chest bumping Abraham... Not a walker outside. Had to rewatch quite a bit of the library scenes to make sure I caught everything.

Was it overally dark or was my cable provider (Foxtel)televising in a lower contrast?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Possibly Foxtel... But I did end up upping the settings on my TV's brightness and contrast... It was very dark!

Oh also wanted to mention the mega Herd... I couldn't even SEE what they were looking at or talking about, but just figured from what was said that it was walkers... Just looked to me like fenced off paddock area. lol.

#2 CheesyBirdMess, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think that was very well done. I wondered if it was a budget constraint thing and they just couldn't afford the CGI to make it look realistic. Obviously the idea was that there were walkers in a panorama as far as the eye could see but you really couldn't see enough to evoke any response. It would have been more effective if they'd pulled into a closer panorama.

I wonder if they're still not very good at budgeting and they spent all their money on the explosion in episode 1 and then find that they can't afford to make an episode like this look effective.

4. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

I certainly hope that ain't true, I still want them to run into the massive herd (from Season 4). It has to happen before they're all on route to D.C. too because after that, the chances of them running into it again are pretty small.

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Me too. That mega herd freaked me out!

6. ExpertFan10

ExpertFan10 New Member

You "had" to rewatch to catch everything? Or you "had" to rewatch to see the sex scene again? Haha!

In all seriousness, I had the same issue. I thought it was all very dark for those scenes and made the same mistake of thinking Glen had bumped into Abraham standing at the window. But I also agree that they were showing them living on the basics so...

7. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I was just about to ask the same question, this is the second time now that the dark scenes are pitch black. The same thing happened with Four Walls and a Roof. Sometimes I can't even make out what's happening, like the part with Abraham by the window that you mentioned. What's funny is that some people are making a commotion about the scandalous sex scene and Abraham's bums and I could barely even make out their faces, LOL! I don't remember the night scenes being THIS dark in the past seasons.

And while we're at it, I could barely understand a word Eugene was saying when he was talking with Tara.

8. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i could barely hear anything in the beginning of the episode. Abe was talking so low on the bus.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Yes, that too. The music wasn't helping either.

10. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I have a huge problem with it being dark every week. When I watch scenes on amc.com (for example when they killed the hunters) it was sooo much clearer. I didn't see a fraction of what was happening on TV. I thought it was my TV but maybe it is the cable provider? My TV isn't old and I've changed the settings. It is annoying.

11. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

Would somebody be able to find a pic/clip for me?? :D

12. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

This one? That gave me the jitters too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I had the same darkness problem. I know it's not my tv so I'm not sure what that was all about. And I couldn't make out the panorama of the large herd either. I couldn't figure out if that was some type of ranch land or maybe even the county P-farm!

14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Yup, the herd from season 4 was creepier than this one. I couldn't even figure out what the big deal was at first, it didn't really look that impressive.

15. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

There did seem to be a lot of mumbling going on in this episode. Did anyone catch what Eugene said right after the bus flipped and he was lying between two seats? Somebody asked him if he was OK, and I thought I heard something about the priest, but memory fails me.

16. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

YES that one! I remember now haha. That would be cool if they went back to that herd. But what about the herd that they encountered S5E5? I can see Ford moving toward the herd, and just going batshit crazy.

Honestly though, I really hope they rendezvous with the rest of grimes crew, swoop em up, and move through the herd that blocks route DC. Regardless of the fact that Eugene lied, there's still more hope in moving toward DC than sitting put. Nomads are always more successful than those who settle -- eventually something comes and F@$& your camp up lol.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I know it's kind of nasty, but why don't they employ Michonne and Carol's walking with zombie tricks more often? They should teach a class...Walker camouflage 101. I don't know if it would work with a large group of people but if everyone smeared themselves with walker slime and they proceeded,in say, a diamond shaped pattern with the strongest in the lead, sides and rear, with armless, jawless walkers on leashes, and the weaker ones in the middle, all armed of course, they might be able to get through a large zombie herd. I still don't know if I'd like to go straight up the middle but it might keep them from having to make too big of a detour.

Perhaps they wouldn't want to take a chance. Avoidance is still the number one survival strategy.

18. Walker Caravan

There's got to be another working vehicle around. Use the firetruck as a distraction. Rig it up with a stick and some string, turn on the sirens, and let it just drive off into the herd off to the side. Should attract em all. Then wait. Then drive around the pile that happens.

19. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Your idea is definitely the less smellier of the two and brilliant. I wonder why no one on the show has thought of it?

20. ExpertFan10

ExpertFan10 New Member

Brilliant idea. Although, I don't think this group will use that kind of logic to attack the situation. I think they either go back to meet up with the Grimes crew or figure another way to get through the herd. Either way, I'm still wondering why Maggie hasn't spoken of Beth. But I guess we can assume she thinks she's dead since Darryl was so vague with his response to Rick about her.