Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by tink, May 8, 2017.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Looks scary as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

It does. It actually looks scarier then the made for TV version that gave me the phobia (together with the first Poltergeist) of clowns. I will probably see this though. This was one of SK's classics and i really liked the book.

• Like Like x 3
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

maybe we can go see it when you come down? lol

4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I remember a time when society as a whole didn't have problems with clowns. Yeah, sure, some where creepy and there was that John Wayne Gacy thing, drunk clowns, etc.

But for the most part, a clown represented fun things like birthday parties, the circus, clown cars and face paintings. People had somewhat of a neutral perception of clowns for the most part. In our culture, I'd say we would have given them a solid C grade. Take em or leave em. Meh.

Then IT was read. Then IT became a creepy TV movie.... And then everything about clowns turned creepy and scary. I think that movie played a big part in why ALMOST NO ONE likes clowns anymore.

Personally speaking, I'm glad this happened. I never liked clowns even before It. I hated "Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson. I hated the Circus. I hated the babysitter that my mom forced me to go to for 2 years, who collected anything with a &*%#$@! clown on it.

Why the make up? What do they have to hide, I ask?

So in a weird way- I have to thank Stephen King for helping make our society a better place and exposing clowns for what they really are. And in an even more weird way- I have to thank Pennywise for being so GD scary, that it scared the collective psyche of millions in order for their perceptions of clowns to go from "Meh" to "JUST NO!"

So.... does this mean I actually like clowns now?!?!? Whoa! I just talked myself into being cool with clowns!!! So weird. Mind. Blown.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think, if you could go back in time and watch little kids (up to age 5 maybe, or around there), you would see that kids have always been afraid of clowns, we learned to like them, but that first clown approach is always devastating.

I think I might have to read It again, just because it's been a while and I've been thinking about it. That and The Talisman.

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

When I first read this I thought you meant come down as in "high as a giraffe's ass" come down, but then I realized you meant down to Florida. lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. zombiemom62

ohhh, I bet she'd really be creeped out if she were high when she saw it, lol.

@Jama some of us are so old, we remember before It came out, and the clown we were raised on, that lovable, hamburger toting, commercialized hero, Ronald McDonald. Nope, pretty sure I wasn't afraid the first time I saw a clown in person, but I probably was wondering where the hell my hamburger was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've never been afraid of clowns but if I saw one of those creepy assholes standing outside at night in a clown costume they'd get a swift kick to their nether regions. I wonder if it would squeak.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Uhhhh... you know how old I am. Or you should have a good idea. A clown dressed up like ketchup and mustard stains??? No thanks. Lol

I don't care if he sold burgers. It was great back then, but now look at the reputation of that company! THAT clown is responsible for making millions of people fat!!! See.... Clowns are BAD ;-)

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I think it would make one of those AAAAAAAROOOOOOOOOGAHHH!! noises followed by a couple of slightly whistled "Har-hee, har-hee" sounds as you walk away.

That poor clown. I feel sorry for them now that I know YOU'RE out to get them. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. zombiemom62

yeah, but even before happy meals, kids just couldn't get enough of hamburgers and fries. Ofc that was back in the day that a trip to McD's was an outing, lol #25 cent hamburgers

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Wow! Maybe I'm not THAT old after all. ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

We should seriously have a contest on what is the more scarier. Ronald McDonald clown or the King from Burger King whose face does't move from that creepy evil grin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

What's funny about this...and by funny I mean ironic....is that clowns are supposed to be FOR kids. So why make them so frackin scary looking?

I am thinking about rereading It too. God I was in my teens last time I read it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

He's more pervy stalker creepy than horror movie frightening though. I'm just saying... if I'm not under the age of 18, I'd be okay with chilling with BK guy. Just sayin... Don't report me.

16. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

No, they honk like a bike horn

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That would totally redeem their actions lololol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I'm actually half way through re-reading it.
    Just got up to The Apocalyptic Rock Fight.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight

19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I downloaded the mini series just for the hell of it, it was kind of hard to watch lol. I'm re-reading the book now to get ready for the movie. I think Bill Skarsgard is going to kill it as Pennywise!

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.