Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Item needed to breakdown structures. Sledgehammer anyone?

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Silentghost14, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

So i have been running into a problem ingame were i have built a structure and i no longer desire it or need to move it but there seem to be no system to do so. So it got me thinking about a way that would fit well into the game. Introducing the Sledgehammer! The Sledgehammer would be a melee weapon similar to the regular hammer but instead of it repairing buildings and objects it breaks them down only by the owner. Say you built a shake but then desire to move it out of the way. You would simply equip the Sledgehammer and swing away similar to the tree cutting animation until it breaks the item. You then would receive a percentage of the materials back from the destroyed item.
    Please consider my recommendation. Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. DAS1337

DAS1337 Member

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable suggestion. Heavy melee weapon. Very slow swings. Building destruction.

Perhaps you can even customize it, make it a spiked sledge. Or a barbed sledge. Could be fun.

3. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Structure destruction is lacking from the game right now and is contributing to the mass amount of abandon structures on servers. Me and my buddy had to abandon a entire base which used server resources because instead of adding a gate for the final fence segment we accidentally put a wall instead. Had we been able to break the wall down we could have fixed it.

4. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

i feel the pain. i accidentally placed a metal wall in the exact same location as the metal gate. then, i accidentally placed a large shelter inside the foundation... right up against the back of that wall. I nearly broke down into tears of anger at that because i hadn't meant to place either of them. Had to tear it all down with a spear.

5. P R I N C E

P R I N C E Member

the game still alpha and i hope they will make that

6. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Anyway the developers are planning on doing a server whip possibly sometime this week. While that will eliminate a majority of the garbage on servers for the short term. Its likely to get filled up again by peoples building mistakes. which is why i think an item the structure owners can use to break them down is so important.

#6 Silentghost14, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  7. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

I hope so too.

8. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

I apologize, but i'm not sure what you are referring to specifically.

I do agree an item for moving buildings would be nice to have. i have mixed feelings about what it should return that varies between half the materials, or the entire structure. one tends towards realism, the other towards useability.

9. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

The first bit of my last comment was meant to be directed to someone else i miss read who it was intended for. Dark room and my laptop is running in low power mode. Disregard what i said.

Now back to the topic at hand. Ya i am to conflicted weather or not it should give you all of your resources back or a percentage. I am leaning towards a percentage and here is why. If you were to break down something in really life that is not meant to be moved you tend to damage some of the components during the disassemble process. While H1Z1 is a game and can break traditional logic. I feel the percentage system fits well into the systems they already have in place and also it gives you something to do finding some of the materials again.

#9 Silentghost14, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  10. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

What precentage do you think would be fair, how do you keep other players from using it on your stuff? maybe they could. perhaps the sledge could be just as powerful as the spear for taking walls down, but returns some of the materials as well, but be more expensive to make, or maybe need to be found.

11. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Well i was thinking between 75-85% of the materials would be returned. The Sledgehammer would work similar to the way hammers work to repair structures just opposite. Were only the structure owners can tear down their own structures. In terms of material cost to make a Sledgehammer i was thinking it would cost about twice the cost of a regular hammer and be some what similar in recipe.

12. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

I feel that's quite high of a percentage, with the way it would work out you'd need maybe 1 item to rebuild it. what about buildings with multiple ingredients that have only 1 used?

13. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Ya i guess your right. What about like 65%.

14. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Anyone else have any input?

15. Kadajin

Kadajin New Member

PRO TIP! - make a spear or two - try them out on your structures.. thank me later!

16. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Is this not a glitch and doesn't it break the entire foundation?

17. Kadajin

Kadajin New Member

It breaks the thing you hit.. if you hit the foundation than yeah. Thing is the spear is OP against structures right now. Easy to craft and almost makes bases useless...

The decay option seems not to work well or the HP of buildings get's reset on restart. I have seen decay on my buildings and repaired it but for a while now i haven't seen any decay so that may be why some buildings are still standing after such a long time.

I wish they would fix the decay and the OP spear and make IED's the only "fast" way to raid a base.

18. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Well i guess you can use a spear currently to break down buildings but it more a glitch then anything bound to be patched out soon. There need to be a legit way for players to easily break down structures which is what i am asking for.

19. DrVudo

DrVudo Member

Being able to easily remove structures no longer needed is wonderful, but ... that would also mean base raiders getting in much faster. What is meant for one thing can be used for another. Unintended abuse is assured.

20. Silentghost14

Silentghost14 New Member

Elaborate i don't get what you mean.