Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It's already too late

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Rocky, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Rocky

Rocky Member

What was Daniel Salaza thinking when he said "It's already too late".

I know we've already been told that we won't find out the cause of the infection and that seeing troops on the streets probably just brought back some seriously bad memories of El Salvador, but I couldn't help but think that just maybe he knew more than most and he'd already seen "the infected before", maybe back in El Salvador.

I mean he didn't make the mistake of shooting the neighbour in the body but went straight for a head shot.

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

That's actually an interesting idea but if it did happen back then, how were they able to contain it? Did they even contain it? I would think if that were the case, he would know the military won't be able to stop it from spreading.

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think he meant once the military shows up, it limits your options. Their plans are pretty useless now, its' too late.

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

I think you're probably right but what if it formed part of local El Salvadorian folk lore, like it was maybe the source of or linked to the legends and myths surrounding el chupacabra.

It was just a thought, the scene reminded me a little of one from Predator, where Anna said ...

"When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men."

Folk lore and myth but with a grain of truth.

Just a throw away thought.

#4 Rocky, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

When the army shows up you're f*cked. That's what he meant.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Exactly,he has lived through Marshall Law El Salvador style and many did not.
    :shining:
    He and his Wife both did but Ophelia knows nothing about that past of theirs and he is already hardened as a Survivor,I like his character the best so far I think.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I doubt he's ever seen zombies before. What he DID see was a woman in front of the hospital get shot in the body a LOT and keep walking. That's why he went for head shots. He's experienced in survival.

I agree about what he said when the army showed up. The first thing they are going to do is start locking down areas, and no one will be tooling down the freeway at their leisure. Time to start looting the surrounding houses for food, and filling every available container with water... and if you can think of a better close by place to be than where you are, go there.

LOL, it's funny how when TSHTF the first thing people are willing to risk leaving their house for is... a gun.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They'll find out soon enough that using a gun isn't the best way to deal with walkers, that is when the sound of the gunshot attracts more.