Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"It's alright don't think twice"

Discussion in 'Episode 702 - The Well' started by EZD, Oct 31, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I was sort of struck when the Choir sings this classic Dylan tune right between Carol meeting Big Zeek and her leaving and it took me a second to figure out why?

This song in original context is really about Lovers I have always thought and it rings deep and true often which is maybe why it is a classic tune but it also seems pretty apt here about the struggle between Morgan and Carol and the things that have brought them together and the understanding each of them has or can't find about the divide between them.:hatchet:

It is just a beautiful song and dripping with wisdom and a pretty amazing choice here to me.

Oh and listen to the Susan Tedeschi versions of it on you tube too,I think it will make more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXvinNxNPiE

2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJ_umBAtao

The song was so perfect, it made me wonder if there was a Chorus in the comics or if it was created now specifically to get this song in. The first line of "It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe" with Shiva as the visual was delightful.

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

That's always been one of my favorite Dylan songs (and I have a lot of favorite Dylan songs), and I thought that this was incredibly fitting here, for basically the same reasons you've explained.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Small world too,I think I first heard it in the 70's while selling Audio at Glenn Poors and I lived on the Velveeta side of town,if you know what I mean!

5. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

That song also plays one the last episode of season one of Mad Men as Don sits alone in his house after his family left for Thanksgiving. It's one of Dylan's most beautiful pieces but it also has such a bittersweet quality. One of my favorites for years.