Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It's bad to Lose Yourself

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - … I Lose Myself' started by Sharpie61, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Don't get lost

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not bad, but same old inconsistencies and oddities. They couldn't harvest the ethanol as it leaked from the multiple thousand gallon truck? I think it would have been leaking for a long time.

At first I was excited that they were getting something scientifically correct because alcohol is indeed an antidote for ethylene glycol [antifreeze poisoning]. The enzyme in our bodies that metabolizes the antifreeze into its dangerous metabolites that cause organ failure is the same enzyme that metabolizes our booze on Saturday nights. So if you have alcohol in your system, it ties up that enzyme dealing with the booze so less of it is breaking down the antifreeze and making it dangerous.

However.....

You may not do much for an acute antifreeze overdose by sipping low etoh content BEER leisurely as if you're at a BBQ. In the ER you'd get it IV, if you're drinking Budweizer you better have a good fast 6-pack loading chug....sipping hard liquor on the rocks would have been more believably effective, but then there would be no tribute to Jimbo :p

also they should have presented a little differently in their symptoms, and acting drunk as hell, not clear headed. But anywho....

Overall, some Martha ridiculousness aside, it wasn't too bad...

#2 Neuropyramidal, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Um....so Strand was trying to open the valve so he could fill up the container with ethanol then Al shoots holes in the truck, allowing the ethanol escape....and nobody thinks to just catch some of it?

When you saw the holes I figured that was how they were going to get past the stuck valve. But no....instead we got more bad writing.

I don't even want to get started on the beer scene. So now a single antibiotic will cure you in a matter of minutes and now a beer will fix your coolant poisoning in a matter of minutes.

JFC. What a complete shit show. How do these clowns have a career writing for a popular TV show?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn’t like this season that much. It’s a shame. I appreciated the ending and new hope vibes it gave off. Tonya Pinkins did a great job acting as Martha, but I was losing interest towards the end of her tenure.

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Craft beer is much stronger than water beer, I mean Budweiser! But still, probably not enough to slowly sip it and have it do anything.

My 2 biggest complaints were 1) the loss of the ethanol...why didn’t they scramble to fill up buckets or containers? and 2) I think filthy woman was given far too many chances. I do understand Morgan’s point of view, but still. She hung around a little too long for my taste. I do like the parallel between her and Morgan with 2 different outcomes though. He was able to come out of it and make a life for himself while her...not so much. It’s a sad glimpse of what might have been Morgan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yuke

yuke Member

i guess i'm not seeing how they're going to spend all of season 5 making blue jeans

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Grrrrr. I was so disgusted when Morgan gave FW the entire pill bottle. She wanted to die, she was a constant manipulator, and yet Morgan was supposed to be stupid enough to trust her. That was when I gave up all hope. And then Morgan crashed his car. Seriously??? And I had nowhere lower to go.

The loss of the ethanol was so stupid. They had enough strength to get back inside, so they had enough strength to find containers. I was really hoping the finale would be solid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sharpie61

There was so many things wrong with this episode, I don’t know where to start.
    Shooting their way out of the truck stop.
    Martha being able to rip her arm off
    No explanation to how Al got into the truck
    No explanation how Morgan was able to get that beer truck

And I certainly didn’t like how it ended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I had hopes they would go to Alexandria. FTWD I think lost a bit of steam this season, it got some again but then Nick and Madison got killed off and Daniel was gone between seasons. Still, then they had the Vultures who screwed up the steam. Now they are running around being good samarites, handing out boxes.

The villian, I think she was a bit interesting but she took way to much space and they just would never just kill her.

I got some what of a hope, the characters are interesting, I think John, June, Al is great add ons, maybe even bit to STRONG and over the top/Stereotypical for the show but they are interesting along with Strand which I still think is one of the better character. Alicia? I think she is the weakest in the Matriarch Madison flock but she is the only one left alive and could grow. Truck duo is okay, The little kid is not an annoying kid so we got that going. Morgan is Morgan.

But I am still butthurt no one even mentioned Daniel Salazar, did they just retcon that he died in the house fire or just didn't go along with them? The whole Mexico plot was left dead unless they spoken about it elsewhere.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Because this is the half season of trucks. There are trucks everywhere. Trucks full of supplies. Trucks that your drive down clear roads for hundreds of miles, and then drive back. Trucks that are great on fuel economy. Trucks that are easy to refuel. Trucks!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The amount of trucks not tied to a seemingly big community is a bit weird, especially this far into he apocalypse. I was expecting the Commonwealth to be behind it but seemingly Polar Bear had a big as jeans factory (?)

I have no idea whats going on.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Next season the villain will be a monster truck. The ads will be Sunday Sunday Sunday see the monster truck!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sharpie61

Maximum Overdrive

And it will be set to AC DC music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

lol

The denim factory was vacant. It was a big space where Polar Bear could organize his supplies, and it was in an isolated, fairly forbidding location where no one would rob it.

Maybe these trucks are diesel. That would still be good. I think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tsahi

tsahi Member

So Al is pointing a shot gun at a walker and Filthy Woman behind it, and instead of pulling the trigger twice, she starts talking. She should have shut that woman's mouth right there and then, with a good blow to here face.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tsahi

tsahi Member

My thought exactly. I was thinking, "great, they solved the valve problem", and then we see everybody back at the shop, still sick, and I was like "what?" It would have taken hours for that 18,000 liter truck to drain from a few bullet holes. They could easily fill up their jerrycan from the holes.

And, a big shop like that, and not a single can of beer or other alcohol? I find this hard to believe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The amount of supplies indicate they either found some kind of crisis warehouse or can resupply things! :) But yeah, the trucks can be explained but its just a bit weird.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I already had my moments of complaining in the live thread, but that's another thing: acute overdose? I think that antifreeze in water in any sufficient quantity would be easily detectable - if not by taste, at least by color (clear antifreeze is rare as shit, the clearer she'd find would be kind of gold and would make the water look like diluted piss).

The symptoms they got were pretty hardcore for a sip of antifreeze.

The rest of the episode was bullshit too. I fell asleep and haven't seen the finale change of mind by Morgan, I would have laughed out loud for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Pure ethylene glycol is actually tasteless and colorless. The odor and coloring in most antifreeze is from other additives, so basically I think the idea is that she found pure ethylene glycol. Perhaps more difficult to do, but not impossible I guess.

20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

She said she used antifreeze. And I haven't tasted it myself, but even in its pure form, it would still wouldn't have water consistency and should be sweet, no?

• Like Like x 1