Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It's bad to Lose Yourself

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - … I Lose Myself' started by Sharpie61, Sep 29, 2018.

1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh, it shouldn't even be sweet in the US!
    "In December 2012, US antifreeze manufacturers agreed voluntarily to add a bitter flavoring to all antifreeze that is sold in the consumer market of the US."

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There is probably a sweetness to it, but if mixed with water I don't think you'd notice a different consistency. And in their world, all bottled water would probably taste a bit funky. Its been sitting in plastic for 2.5 to 3 years. I guess the idea is that Martha somehow knew what the active poison ingredient to antifreeze is, and got it in its pure form, which if you had some experience with it, you could pretty easily do I think. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but if you'd got a woman who spends all her time thinking of ways to kill people, I guess its far from the most unbelievable thing in the episode lol.

3. Neuropyramidal

That's the final antifreeze product though. If its in the form where it would be colorless and largely tasteless, it would be in pure form. Which is fairly available. Plus the outbreak happened in 2010, 2 years before that change.

https://www.chemworld.com/ChemWorld...3abdk1uxIQUi7wTNpCWkUV8pSQCR1K0caAuixEALw_wcB

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I guess you're right, but she still said she used antifreeze - and she doesn't come across as someone too bright either... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, it would make sense if she worked around the chemical. She said she used to be an English teacher, but who knows, maybe she had a summer job as a secretary in a chemical warehouse. Hard to say. I guess you could say the idea of her saying 'antifreeze' instead of 'ethylene glycol' would be because if she really did have a moment of mercy by telling Morgan what poison she used, it would be more likely that someone in the group would know the antidote for "antifreeze" rather than for "ethylene glycol", which even someone with medical training like June, might not know. It takes some stretches and convolutions which are definitely not pretty, but I guess its the best I got if we wanna make it work lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Sarah saying she didn't need a new pair of dungarees was disappointing. Sick of seeing her flapping around in those flood pants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's too bad about dirtwoman but I see no other way out. You are who you are, granted she could've turned around but it would have meant giving up her whole way of life.

I LOL'd at "It wasn't supposed to be this way."

I seriously agree on the ethanol stupidity.

I did NOT Lol when I saw the cut-off hand still hanging on the cuffs.
    I was more like come on please don't play me like that.
    So it was a really GOOD thing she had turned.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The reason I find the whole truck thing particularly funny is that the TWD book series written by Jay Bonansinga, which I quit a couple of novels back, had one book where these people just kept driving around in trucks. It was ridiculous. But it's like they got a thread of the idea from that literary masterpiece.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Instead of Polar Bear, then he must've been Batman or something because otherwise it's unbelievable that he was able to manage that whole operation on his own.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Yes, it's supposed to taste sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Terminator

Kind of hard to believe they wouldn't have noticed the water bottle seals had been already cracked and the water tasted "funny".

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. tsahi

tsahi Member

Sarah actually noticed the coffee was a bit too sweet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Exactly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lindigo

We had the scene of Sarah talking about having to refill coolant into a truck, so we know that's what was there for Martha to use.

15. Neuropyramidal

I don't think that part of it is that unbelievable because bottled water starts to taste a little funky after awhile from the plastic, and any bottled water in their universe is now at least 2.5 to 3 years old. In their world they would be used to tasting a lot of things that are less than fresh. Plus they are probably used to reusing the same bottles over and over and refilling them, so the idea of an already broken seal might not jump out at everyone. At least not to the point that their minds would jump to poison.

16. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I forgot that dialogue, that perhaps was what we are suppose to believe. In which case it would have had to have been used as pure EG coolant instead of being colored antifreeze, which according to the interwebs is sometimes the case, but I guess however we twist this its not pretty. That's FTWD right now :p.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I wonder how they could not be more worried about losing their numbers and truck drivers not coming back, and how their supplies storages had not been more plundered. Was the region that void of people?

18. Lindigo

Yes, I think it is that empty now. When the group was developing the plan to share the supplies with others or to develop a new community, one of the characters reminded them that there weren't many people around now. In fact, there are so few, they were uncertain how they would even find them.

19. Terminator

The water bottles were still on the plastic wrapped skids in cases, so I'd think a broken seal was out of the ordinary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

exactly what I was thinking. These weren't just random bottles they were finding. Although the seal broken on those is still enough to be wary about for a variety of reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1