Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I've said this before but

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by tyc94, Nov 17, 2013.

1. tyc94

tyc94 Well-Known Member

The way this season handles slower episodes is way better than the way they handled them in seasons 2 and 3. Props to the writing staff

2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I loved this episode because it showed us so much about the Governor even though it was a "slower" episode.

The episode makes me want to like him, but I know he's still evil. Loved it!

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I completely agree. You described it perfectly!

I'll never forgive him for Andrea's death, but I liked him in this episode! :Grin:

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I just sat there thinking, "Oh, how I wish we had Gimple in charge of the Governor from the beginning"

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I always thought his downfall was brilliant in s3. Gimple just made me sympathize with him though. It's crazy.

6. Monty70

Monty70 Member

Let's see if their isn't hope for The Governor. I do agree that this was a great episode, the show is much better with DM in the cast.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I kinda feel he's not going to be the bad guy of the prison fight in the end, maybe Martinez.

8. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I had a Love/Hate feeling about him last season, he plays the part so brilliantly. You can't help but appreciate how intense the role of Phillip really is. I am so impressed with the writing in this episode, we needed to see what happened to him, and I was blown away by the storyline and the passage of time that he went through, all alone. Because he plays the part so well, it's no surprise that he was going on alone, with no fear, I can't say enough about this episode. Welcome Back Phillip Blake.

9. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

My daughter and I are debating whether or not the Gov will turn a new leaf or revert back to his "normal" behavior.

We've both read the comics and think we know how it will go, but this show doesn't always follow the comics.

I'm excited to see how it all plays out! :)

10. tyc94

tyc94 Well-Known Member

That would be interesting

11. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I'm discussing this with my hubby and daughter at the moment. It could happen.

12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

They spent all that time changing him, only to have him be the bad guy 2 episodes later? I don't think so

13. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

slow episode?? i didnt want it to ever end.

14. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

The thing about the Governor is you almost have to feel for him.....How do any of us know what we'd be like if we not only lost a spouse and a child but then that child became a walker also??? I want to say I wouldn't go all crazy and keep heads in a fish tank and shoot my own people but......you gotta feel for the guy!!

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I agree, except that I really didn't like this episode, I enjoyed the other "slow episodes" though.

16. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

You just needed to laugh at Emo/Hobo gov a bit more. Take it a bit less seriously, I was shocked they did this and it was a pleasant surprise of humor in the beginning and excitement later.

17. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I loved the episode, it was fantastic. I love character study and that's what this was. Fantastic to see what has happened to The Governor since the end of Season 3, will be interesting to see how it develops.

18. WalkerStakerBRa

WalkerStakerBRa New Member

Slow episode (until the end), but obviously very important for character development. The Governor is a very complex fella.

19. charlieez

charlieez Member

Nope.

The Guvnah is a parallel to Rick. And just like Rick couldn't just be a dad and a farmer and was forced back into the position of leader and walker killer, the same thing will happen to "Brian". We are who we are, and this man has some serious anger in him (as displayed every time he eviscerates a walker) that definitely comes from his inability to save his family. There is no way he lets this go.

20. Mr Sinister

Mr Sinister Member

Well, it seems that they're setting it up to show that Phillip/Brian is on the road to redemption where he actually may be able to come back from the things he's done, but I have a feeling that he's about to suffer one last horrible tragedy that will make him revert back to his former self or worse, in which case he would become "too far gone."

#20 Mr Sinister, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013