Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jessie does not appear to be a beaten wife!

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by jackson04, Mar 23, 2015.

1. JMac

JMac Member

Completely agree! She wouldn't have said yes so fast if it wasn't a tv show. The writers I think are just cramming this story in, and rushing it. So they at least get the point across that she's been abused, petes an ahole and Rick needs to kill him so he can make Jessie happy and they can ride off into the sunset. This doesn't just happen in a few days- but I guess on walking dead it does. I'm not trying to bash the show- I'm just trying to say that all this was a little rushed and theres no way like you said she wld be totally down, a ok with it on the first mention.

2. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Well said. I'm thinking along these lines too. Maybe the directors are deliberately misleading us and hiding something. Can we really trust what a 10 yr old says? I mean he can only relate what he thinks he sees. Is Carol internalizing too much? Yes, there's trouble between Jessie and Pete, Deanna said so. But I feel that Jessie is too trusting of Rick, a guy she doesn't even know. She DOES have children and she could be putting them in more jeopardy with Rick than with Pete.

3. mummyman

mummyman Member

i hope that there will be a twist rick is more danger to AZ than Pete

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. That's one element that becomes frustrating with this show.

5. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

You know? I'm just gonna come out and say what probably needs to be said. The reason this writing doesn't sit well with some people is because they're following the source material and not everything from the comic is going to translate well to the TV series. I haven't outright read the comics but I do keep tabs on certain things just so I'm not left in the dark. To me it just seems as though this particular story feels rushed because they're trying to copy the comics, and not all the writing for the comic is good. I've read about things or situations that make me cringe. So yeah, this just doesn't translate well to our beloved series, at least not at this point.

6. Komodia

Komodia Member

What you stated is equivalent to the phrase "She made me do it".

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Thank you.

it just echoes the Dawn, "But you're not the greater good," line to Beth.

Deanna is the stereotypical politician to be making a "wash" out of Pete's behavior.

8. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

In reality if we are to believe was sam told carol

A lock installed inside the closet door for him to hide.
    Pete frequently having anger outbursts and yelling
    Finding his mom on the floor bleeding
    Jessie confirming the abuse with Rick

Deana has decided to overlook one of her citizens being regularly beaten for the greater good of the community. such a selfless act she has done... don't ya think?
    Deana, by overlooking this has also left Sam in harms way and their other son as well. So Deana has essentially placed 3 innocent civilians(1 woman, 1 teenager, and 1 defenseless small child) in constant danger for the greater good.

And this she is trying to justify? Who is he crazy one here? Deana is starting to come off as another Dawn. She should be exiled

9. Prufrock

it reminds me of those horrible stories that you read- Murder, Suicide Family of 4, Mom Missing While Dad Camps with Sons etc
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/05/us/washington-powell-explosion/

10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I have to agree that she had absolutely NO way to get away from a bad situation until our group showed up...

What if...she watched the "interview" tapes. She would have determined before long that Rick was the leader of the group and that he had extricated his people from many sticky, nasty situations. What if she initiated a plan that began with her bringing supplies over to his house, giving him a hair cut, finding out he was alone and she started to put on the charm. Was he lonely? Was he maybe interested? She got her answer at the party when Rick gave her kiss. No wonder she smiled. I don't think she meant to act right away but Rick forced the situation when he confronted her....and then offered help. She wasn't sure at first...things were moving too quickly but she asked him if he was doing it for her or would he do this for anyone. When she got the answer she wanted to hear she knew he wouldn't bail if things got bumpy. She had her weapon she could use against her husband. If Rick killed Pete, he'd be the one they hung out to dry. If Pete killed Rick, one of his group might avenge his death and kill Pete. The beauty of it was that even if Pete went down, she wouldn't necessarily end up with Rick. She could plead that she was so upset by events that she needed time to be alone. At the very least, if no one was killed, the situation would be brought out in the open and the community would have to deal with it...possibly even censuring Pete and Rick both in the name of peace.

What????? It could work...lol.. Maybe that's what she did. If I was in her shoes I'd be thinking up all sorts of plots. After all, what do we really know about her??? What does Rick know about her?? What does she really know about Rick and his people?? How does Rick think this is all going to turn out? The wolves are gonna feel like a breath of fresh air.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Pete does not appear to be a doctor!
    I know doctors... he doesn't look like one.. lol :Grin:

12. Prufrock

Sometimes people who are mentally/physically abused are just sick & tired of being "sick & tired." That doesn't mean that that some can't finallly say "enough."

Who is any one person to denote who is an abused person, addict, pedophile or dangerous period? When we start to place labels as of can't be, doesn't look like it etc- then we are only fooling ourselves.

ha, we we're typing at the same time
    [MENTION=3700]H5N1[/MENTION]

#92 Prufrock, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've haven't seen Pete do any 'doctoring' as yet, so he's not a doctor lol :Grin:

Exactly right Pru!

The broad society just doesn't understand domestic violence. If you are just withholding money from your spouse, that's domestic violence. If you're controlling your partner or behaving in a way that makes your partner fearful of you, again, domestic violence.

Society has this very incorrect view that domestic violence means you've been beaten within an inch of your life. ANY behaviour that makes your significant other or your children feel fearful, intimated by you, is domestic/family violence.

It's why domestic violence is so hidden & insidious. No two perpetrators are the same and no two victims are the same. Victims & perpetrators exist in all society class structures.. No two perpetrators use the same set of perpetrator tactics.

Every woman will encounter an act of sexual or domestic violence at least once in their life.

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, to be honest, they have kind of strayed from the comics here. In the comics, I isn't until after Pete kills Reg[ina] and then Rick kills Pete, that Jessie and Rick start a relationship. In fact, if I remember right, it is actually Jesse who starts making the move on Rick, as she now feels lonely and vulnerable with her husband dead. And Rick I think initially resists her.

15. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Maybe Pete didn't knock her out. Maybe she was drunk like Pete usually is???? lol, probably not the case...

16. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Not really though. This storyline went down somewhat differently in the comics, and to be honest I actually think the way it happened in the comics is more TV friendly than the changes the writers have made.

We would have seen hints of abuse before the revelation was actually made, for example. Jessie's kid would have had a black eye with a flimsy excuse as to how he got it. Rick wasn't quite as fixated on Jessie, either.

Personally I don't have any big problems with the storyline other than Rick's sudden character change from 513 to 514. But ultimately I reckon if they'd followed the story closer less people would be unhappy with it...

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have done it quite differently on the show, and I honestly feel that a lot of the changes made it worse. I liked it better in the comics, and I didn't even like it in the comics, which is saying something. I still think that it could have worked and been translated well on TV, but I haven't liked what I've seen from it.

18. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They could've even skipped the Jessie storyline altogether and focused on something else.

19. BatmansHooker

I was hoping they would. To be honest I don't think it was necessary. But I guess it's a more "normal" conflict to highlight how different Alexandria is compared to what Rick and co. have gone through.

20. BatmansHooker

It's a pretty flat storyline in general. Probably one of the least popular from the comics. So I was never expecting it to go over too well on TV.

I remember when they were filming and we got news of Alex Breckenridge's casting, we were pretty much all praying she wouldn't be Jessie and hoping they'd skip it.