Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jessie does not appear to be a beaten wife!

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by jackson04, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

NOTHING can beat the crazy factory that followed Lizzie looking at flowers.

2. Darylette

Darylette Member

That sounds like a challenge.

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Ha-ha. Nah, it sees there are many more experts on the handling of homicidal children in the ZA than handling domestic abusers in the ZA. At least no-one is posting "But Pete's just a man. It's not his fault. He doesn't know what he's doing. He should be taken to the nearest ZA psychiatric facility for treatment."

4. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

she's got a bruised ass from all that spanking

5. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Jessie said that he abused her in the past and it got better, only to start up again. Maybe he didn't start beating her again until Rick showed up and noticed the flirtation between them. That would explain her appearing more or less normal in her interactions. If Jessie were portrayed as the stereotypical, scared of her shadow, domestic violence victim then her turning on Pete the way she did wouldn't be believable. I get the impression that Jessie accepts the abuse just like Deanna does. She has to put on a straight face for the good of the community (because he's a doctor) and for the good of her family. Plus she literally says that they fixed it once and can fix it again.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it started back up before Rick got there. Carol said that the event where Sam found her knocked unconscious was a month ago, and our group has only been there maybe 10 days.

7. nikolite

nikolite New Member

I know people think it may just be bad writing, and it very well could be, but I want to continue to believe in the creativity and awesomeness of the writers in the show and believe that this Jesse-Rick-Pete storyline is being purposefully written as ambiguous and open-ended for a reason. I still cannot understand why 1) there is no evidence of abuse in terms of bruises or a simple, 3 seconds scene showing Pete's abuse, 2) the son acted so strange and elusive when questioned by Carol, 3) the only evidence we got was hearsay was from Carol, who has proven to be manipulative, cold, self serving before, 4) Pete character is so buffoonishly obvious that he's a dick it feels like a misdirection (in spite of no clear evidence), 5) Jesse was searching for "I want you/I would only do this for you" when questioning Rick before deciding to take his help--that rubbed me totally the wrong way and made her appear completely ditzy, childish, annoying, and/or manipulative--and 6) the convo with Rick and Deanna never actually labeled what they were both talking about as abuse. I mean, couldn't they have been talking about two different "problems" with Pete?

I also don't think they are simply "rushing" the storyline--because if they truly wanted to rush it, they would've just shown very quickly Pete hit Jesse and a witness outside the window rather than all this ambiguous, tense looks and pained dialogues among the group.

So here is my theory. I'm new here and not sure if this constitutes a spoiler, so I will use the tag just in case, but I haven't read the comics and don't have advanced knowledge of the outcome. Just my guess:

Keeping hope alive that something else is going on!

Otherwise, yeah, it could be the writers just messed up majorly on this one. (If so, I also suspect because they wanted to play on this Hollywood narrative of the irresistable blond that he just can't resist and that just HAD to be the love interest, so much so that they forced it in there. IMO, there were other women to choose from (Michonne!!!) that would have made for more long-term, complex, emotionally-charged, and satisfying drama on the viewers end.)

8. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

If you go back and watch the conversation between Rick and Deanna at the graves yes they do specifically label it physical abuse. Rick: "He's beating his wife. We have to stop it." Also we do see Pete hit Jessie when she tried to break up the fight.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL! That's probably the best point on the thread. If the show just wanted to prove Pete was abusive, they could have just shown it. They didn't, so must want it the way it is.

10. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Wow, look at all the experts on abuse!

Who needs a court of law, or law enforcement calls for domestic calls when you have a team of qualified internet experts.

This reminds me of the fight I had with some people who claimed that "legitimate" rape ALWAYS left evidence.

Yeah.

11. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I don't think there is a certain "look" all abused women have. There are many women throughout history that were abused that don't walk around with black eyes etc.

Sometimes the scars aren't shown...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1