Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus and St. Francis of Assisi Statue

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by WickedJenn, Dec 6, 2016.

1. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

So I rewatched the episode last night, and I checked this part out twice. Just before Jesus dumps the syrup on the road, he looks out of the back of the truck and it shows what looks like a state of St. Francis of Assisi. I'm not sure if that's anything of significance, but, the camera focused on it and Jesus seemed to go into action after he saw it. St. Francis of Assisi at one point went to Egypt to attempt to convert the Sultan so the Crusades would end.

I may be reaching here but, knowing that, and knowing what Jesus is now doing, it could mean something about his involvements in the war...

Anyway, I just found that interesting.

2. Heriot of Fire

Nice catch and theory. I only took it as a kind of orientation mark, but maybe there's more to it.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I took notice of the statue and also remember that there was an angel statue that had walker hands hanging off it (from The Cell episode).

Gimple often leaves these types of bread crumbs. So I do wonder if there is some other meaning that will be revealed later or hinted at later.

As for now, I guess I was thinking that it was simply an indicator that the factory where they reside was some sort of place where monuments, gravestones, memorials, statues etc were manufactured. This being the needed information or clue as to where Negan and his people were residing. Find an old phone book, look up monuments in the yellow pages and voila - you have a street address and are now able to provide a map to the other communities

4. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I forgot to put that in my post, whoops! I definitely think he used it as an orientation mark too.

Of all the statues I found that interesting. I also tend to look more into things than probably what's there, I am a Smallville fan after all :zombies_lol:

I agree, I think the more plausible explanation is that it was simply a directional thing. I don't know why it struck me but it did, I think maybe because of the religious connotation and his name being "Jesus" haha.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Its funny too that the statue is already a pretty obvious landmark it seems at least as easy to see as syrup poured on the ground?

Also I know several Monument and stone people and they all have 1 level buildings for I think obvious reasons if you think about it.

6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I thought it was more of location marker. But maybe Jesus is an avid animal lover and it's his patron saint?? Lol

7. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I think my mind goes to these things too because of Supernatural, which airs on Thursdays, and they called Misha Collins character "Castiel", the name of a real angel in the hierarchy, and he is actually the holy angel of Thursdays.

Aaaaaaaaaaandd these 60-hour work weeks are starting to show :zombies_nosmile:

8. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Great catch, I noticed it as well but maybe it's just an ironic twist as Negan's stronghold is called The Sanctuary and his followers are called The Saviors with the people bowing to and practically idolizing Negan like a god.

9. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

He may want the statue for the Hilltop garden.