Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus H, It's time to rate this damn thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Rate the Fracker

1. 10

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. 9

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  4. 7

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. 4 horsemen of the apocalypse couldn't save this

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. The trinity does not approve

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. 1

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. CindyC

CindyC New Member

10 for me as well. Loved the episode. Have always liked Richonne's chemistry but didn't think they'd go there. It was so sexy that it seemed to surprise them both, Michonne even shyly put her hand over her face at one point - how cute was that. She can slice and dice with the best of them but seemed to be out of her element at first. Daryl and Rick have such chemistry as friends too, so funny when Rick kept jerking the wheel of the car so that Jesus could fall on Daryl who seemed like a little kid pushing him off. One of my favorite episodes so far. It even surpassed the episode of Jessie being devoured while she stood there and took it, and her psycho son being gored.

2. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

****ing loved this episode. I was waiting for this episode the moment I found out Jesus was cast. This is the start of the beginning of the best of The Walking Dead. It's a New World.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

7/10 - Rick and Michonne finally kissed and so on, so I was happy with that. The episode itself didn't really have me gripped as much as TWD usually does, so minus points for that. It was pretty good.

4. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Its been used by condoms, giant *****es like Mike Huckabee (until Boston sent him a cease and desist), and various other things but in TWD, it actually fit played into the final scene since Rick got more than a feeling.

If Daryl dies like the rumors are implying, they should play Dust In The Wind.. and I'm pretty sure AMC can get the rights to that song since that 90's Highlander tv series did, and it worked really well in the episode they used it in and it was a refreshing change of pace since they usually only used Queen's music in Highlander.

5. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

1/10

It's lazy writing like this that flat-out insults the intelligence of the audience.

- Zombie Diana not shooting herself, not getting eaten by walkers, somehow finding a way downstairs and out of that house (figuring out how to open doors), finding a way out of Alexandria, and then just wandering around outside the walls until she gets found.
    - Rick and Daryl being duped by that dude so easily after YEARS of being on the run.
    - Carl pushing zombie Diana down with ease and her not getting back up.
    - Michonne giving up her guard duty for the day (and not telling anyone) so she can just go and follow Spencer.
    - Why did Daryl jump out and chase Jesus after they successfully threw him off the top of the truck (and should have headed directly home)?
    - Rick being stupid enough to park the truck on a downslope beside a lake.
    - Rick & Daryl tieing up Jesus and leaving him alone AFTER he got out of your ropes in about 5 seconds flat earlier.

Also this episode was build like "18 Miles Out". But if you watch those two episodes back to back you notice the huge quality drop.
    The performance from Rick, Shane and Rendall was so much better than Rick, Daryl and Jesus put up here.
    Also the Andrea, Lori, Beth and Maggie had much more meaning, emotions and excitement than those filler Michonne/Spencer/Deanne, Carl/Enit scenes.

#45 Nachtbringer, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  6. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

9it was damn near perfect, I went through sooo many emotions, I laughed when daryl and Rick were dealing with Jesus
    i cried at the scene with spencer and Deanna and our whole neighbourhood cheered for Richonne AT LAST!!!!
    horray.

7. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

^

Give it a four. Ok, for the likes and dislikes:

• I liked the feeling it gave. A lot of the time it seems they just play music like in those crappie detective dramas (personal opinion). Liked the scene where Rick, Michonne, Carl, and Judith were in the house.
    • Introduction of Jesus. Comic readers know what I'm talking about; introduction to this guy is a whole new story to the Hilltop and all that jazz.
    • I think Spencer is probably the strongest survivor of Alexandria that we've met so far. Yes guys, I know that in the comics
      and that he's already shown it in the show. Not a big fan of him but I don't think he did anything that bad (yet) and his little outburst on Rick is understandable considering Rick hasn't exactly been trying to make an effort to show them he's a great person or anything. Oh boy here it comes...
    • Rick/Michonne got all hunky dunky. :Grin:
    Okay, now for the bad... Nachtbringer mentioned some of it but I'll add in my .02

• Enid sure didn't need any time to get over Ron's death. Yeah I don't think they had anything going on let alone the boyfriend/girlfriend crap but as he was her friend I expected more coming out of it. Either she's holding it in like Carol after Sophia, or she never even cared.
    • Like @Nachtbringer said, Carl knocked down Zombie Deanna and she/it makes no attempt to get back up... er, it's a zombie. It wants to eat you. Is it a weak zombie deficit in some vitamins or what?
    • ^ Also, it kind of seemed weird for him thinking it's not ok for him to kill... it's kind of repetitive with the "it's not for me to do" stuff. I mean why save the walker for Spencer? It would make more sense if Spencer were there but... just doesn't click.
    • Why are Rick and Daryl going on a supply run? Where's the normal supply run? When somethin like this comes up you know there's gonna be a big thing coming up.Carl's better already? Kind of was hoping for more of it but I guess AMC realized they did too much of that on the farm in S2. So how much time has passed

Wasn't exactly a bore but it was far from being the action-packed episode we got last week.
    All right. I know this sounds like nitpicking. It very much is. I know that the whole Carl-not-putting-down-Walker-Deanna was for the sake of showing that the characters haven't lost their humanity yet and I may very well be mischaracterising them because I'm tired and I probably need to check my blood.
    Eh.
    Hoping for more in the next episode.

#47 Shane357, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hated this episode -- it made the last episode I thought was the worst ever back in S4 look like a great episode. The writing was soooo bad it's hard to understand how these writers could be employed by this show.

#1 -- as you point out, the last time we saw Deanna, she was charging into a hallway full of chomping walkers below which was a stairwell-full and house full of walkers. She should have been a bloody skeleton lying in the hallway. But magically, she is wandering in the woods, in clean clothes no less, not even chomped one more time than the side bite she had before she died. Did I miss the UFO who teleported her to the woods before she good eaten? What is truly annoying about this is Spencer is a good character and I enjoyed the story of him wanting to release his mother and Carl's understanding that he needed to that? But come on, already- how ludicrous was this that walker Deanna was in the woods in the first place?

Then, Rick and Darryl acted like teenagers with one beer too many on their entire run. Leave the keys in the truck -- like amateur? Don't set the parking brake for the truck full of food and water they need on a hill? And they were critical of the ASZ=erian's just an 2 episodes ago?

Then let's talk about how Jesus got on top of the truck. He was tied up in the road, albeit loosely. They were driving away, making tracks, not slowly. Apparently, he levitated up onto the truck bed's body and somehow hung on? Are you kidding me? Then Darryl would rather wrestle with him than save the truck? Then, when they get back to ASZ, Darryl and Rick are so incompetent, they cannot figure out how to tie him up so he can't escape or put a guard on him? Beyond ludicrous.

That said: I loved little Judith, who apparently has finally learned to walk since she was squatting on the porch. I loved her ad lib of Michonne's name through her pacifier. I wondered why, several weeks later, Maggie isn't showing yet. And I strongly suspect Michonne is next on the writer's hit list for no reason other than the foreshadowing of Carl saying he'd do it for her, accompanied by a giant hug.

And yes, I totally agree with Nachtbringer's comparison of this [pathetic (my words] episode with 18 miles out, which was an awesome episode. If this is what the rest of this season has to offer, I fear for whether we will ever see S7 of TWD.

9. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

On The Talking Dead Danai said that it has been two months since 6.9 so for me that explains a lot about Enid's griving time and Carl's eye healing. So just keep in mind that we did have a time jump.
    As for Carl keeping Deanna down, in the show, the comic, and the Telltale games it is established that kicking a walkers legs out does a good job at knocking them down, keeping them down for a few moments, and they have trouble getting back up.
    I don't mean to refute you I just wanted to give some explanation.
    I don't think Enid cared much for Ron and I think that she and Carl are much more compatible and have more in common than any of the other younglings. They are even showing a bit of a bickering boy/girl friend thing. (Carl hid in the tree with me, no bitch if you don't want to be out here go home).
    Just my thoughts.

10. rustybag

rustybag Member

It did make more sense to me when in previous seasons (up until 3 or so, I believe), they used long handled weapons like pitch forks and shovels to knock walkers down at the knees, then getting the head shot, and keeping a knife as a back up in case taken by surprise or in close quarters. Regardless, I also found the Deanna walker and Carl scene to be a lapse. Even if it's true about it taking a moment for her to get up, she probably would not have done that, as a walker she would have been focused on getting fresh meat and would have just crawled or pulled herself to him, as we have seen walkers do over & over again. He didn't even have his eyes on her when talking to Enid. The whole time I kept waiting for her to grab him by the ankle and bite him, but of course she didn't, because it's Carl..

11. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

That's a really good point about the change in how they hand walkers from season to season. Greg, Gimple, and the crew have stated often that the walkers get older, slower, and more um degraded as time has gone on so it has changed how our group handles and deals with walkers. But the more I think about it this Deanna situation is kind of a suspension of disbelief for the sake of telling Spencer's story.

12. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I won't say it was the best episode ever but overall, loved it and gave it a 10. The uplift is what was needed after the last one being so down, even though that one was good too. The Rick, Daryl and Jesus scenes were responsible for that. Although I could of done without the Daryl flip off to Jesus what Norman seems to love to do. Not sure how I feel about the Rick/Michonne hook up, I mean I like them both and I usually like a good soap opera scene but I would prefer TWD keep that limited. Plus since the Rick ladies dont have a good track record for staying alive, it does kind of make me concerned for Michonne's future.:zombies_shocked:

13. tehwalkingdead

I gave it a 7, it was a good episode, but it was not a 10 (Or close to it) in my opinion.

Delighted that Carl is okay. I didn't like that they allowed a van full of food and other stuff to roll into the lake, I don't find it plausible that they didn't shoot the stranger if they didn't trust him from the off. Too much has happened and they can't trust strangers. I know there is more to 'Jesus' than I am aware of but it doesn't seem right, right now.

The Rick/Michonne getting together does seem right to me though, it has clearly been building, and I don't get the same feeling that people were alluding to about them being more brother and sister than husband and wife material. THey work IMO.

#53 tehwalkingdead, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  14. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

A real dud of an episode for me. Far too many cringe inducing scenes.The 2 month jump casually just side stepped saving Carl and also all the hard work to rebuild the fallen walls. How very convenient.What I don't understand is how ultra cautious Rick suddenly became this naive trusting of anyone character. I know they've had it easy in Alexandria but did all that country music soften his brain?Whilst I enjoyed the Deanna scene surely she would have been eaten within the confines of that small bedroom and wouldn't have turned to be able to roam free?The whole Rick and Michonne thing. Oh dear. Two people with zero sexual chemistry. It just felt forced for the fans of that sort of soap opera stuff.I like them as two people who cover each other's backs, but a relationship. No. It doesn't register.The scene with Jesus really wasn't cassidy and the Sundance kid. It was more Dumb and Dumber.I really fear for where this show is going. Season 6 has been quite the disappointment for me, way too many Hollywood scenes to make it seem credible.

15. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

9... I loved this episode

16. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

7, I guess. Somewhat of a filler episode, but a very solid one.

17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Jesus was very (too)lucky. I would've shot anyone that caused me to lose a van load of food, even if I was acting stupid too.

18. JFAN

JFAN Member

I only gave it an 8. Thought the time jump of 2 months was a little too much. I wanted to know how they got rid of all those walkers and got the wall repaired.

19. Alfa

Alfa New Member

4 horseman couldn't save this.

But I'm of the opinion that the whole show is quite poor in quality.

Btw, Jesus stealing? That's not very jesus-like.

20. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Overall i give it a 7. 2 months was too long a big gap. This episode should have been one of rebuilding both humanity & buildings & though i dont normally criticise the show, i feel it needs to be criticised for this time jump. Rick & michionne has been coming since the 2nd half of series 4.