Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus, Let's Have Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 20, 2016.

1. CarlsEye

CarlsEye Member

I think they should change the name of this thread to Butthurt...

2. The_Not_So_Dead

Exactly. I thought how Rick went out of his way to bring the guy back was weird, because it is obvious the dude doesn't want to. Also, like someone said: if some guy is stealing your stuff and leaving you behind, then tries to steal(?) your truck again, why WHY would you want that guy back at your place?

That was the first thing to go through my mind also with the Michonne-Rick scene. For me it felt coming out of the blue. No sign of sexual tension between those two (at least nothing that I picked up on) and then their hands meet and BOOM. I would've liked it if this romantic storyline progressed a bit slowly, teasing us and then BOOM. But that's just me.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

THIS!!!!

Great Post!

I agree there is little continuity to the storyline when they jump around a lot and it takes away the entire mood and inertia from previous episodes for no good reason that I can see?

They give this buildup that might take several episodes and even months in the case of finales but them BAM nothing else after the big event,almost like it never even happened?

I realize that these huge events happen now all the time and maybe this is the idea behind the way they do it but it is stupid to me to get all of us on board and then go on like it never happened at all?

I think things are moving too fast and there are too many commercials to really tell the story well.

4. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yea I thought that was especially interesting. I hate that they're making Rick way off character in "the Next World" and yes I get they're trying to show Rick at ease and hopeful but this is almost over the top. He claims blasting music "draws them away from home" yet he's blasting it on the way back to Alexandria as well, lol. He invites a proven unworthy stranger back and he's persistent about it. Again he and Daryl are disagreeing on issues. One wants invitees the other is skeptical. Didn't Daryl warn him there is a "Negan" out there that thinks everything's his? As for the Michonne thing I'm okay with it but I feel -0- chemistry. Hope the writers work on that.

#64 batongal, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

They did say on TD that they were going for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Rick's actions in this episode only make sense within that context.

They also mentioned that the director of this episode also directed 104 and 105 of FTWD. I didn't notice a resemblance, tbh.

And while I'm here I will also add that I don't understand the meaning of this episode's title.

ETA: Forgot to add that this show needs more character development. I loved this show four years ago but not anymore. It feels more like a comic book than a TV show. And all those pre-show complaints are juvenile and annoying.

#65 westwingnut, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Hershel was pretty big rip for me, I liked that character. And Merle and Shane had their times to. And of course, the clever doctor who bolted her own head in, in Fear the Walking Dead who seemed interesting. Oh well! We shall endure!

7. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

Speaking of #2. Getting paid to do that and read this thread.

8. Alfa

Alfa New Member

- Nurse doing brain surgery to fix Carl. (not this episode i know)
    - Jesus stealing
    - Carl en gf reading comics outside the wall
    - Deanna somehow in one piece after being overrun by walkers
    - Spencer acting mysterious. Just say wtf you're going to do. How did he know she was there? And why didn't he just end it when he spotted her the first time?
    - Rick and Daryl leaving their car.

And plenty more things that I don't understand. Why does this show not apply logic once in a while? Or good dialogue? Such a shame.

9. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

This ^^^^^^ Very well said.

This season has been unbelievably bad. After the first two episodes I thought this was going to be a great season. It then went downhill one episode after another. The worst being the Morgan episode. Mid Season Finale I felt duped. Mid Season Premier was poorly written, directed, and produced. I have no idea what the writers are thinking.

I am still enjoying the show. The biggest thing I don't like this season is that they haven't paid any attention to detail from a writing standpoint.

EX1. Maggie is getting ready to fall off the watch tower. Enid runs across a metal walk way to save her. Maggie wasn't smart enough to get on it? EX2. Jesus on the roof of the truck. You mean tell tell me he can scale a 14 foot high truck without making any noise. EX3. Rick gets out of the RV and escapes the herd of all herds. Nothing is ever mentioned of it.

Huge lack of details this season and that is what has made this show good for me is the attention to details.

10. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I never thought of this one. Wasn't she left a gun to shoot herself in the head with?

11. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I agree but I'm guessing that they'll have more dialogue about it or flashbacks in the coming episodes. I don't always expect them to have things said or happen right away. Especially after the wolves because they still had the threat of the herd and ppl missing and you could see the effect it had on many of them. Such as the ppl trying to take the food and every1 pretty much having a we're all going to die mantality. But taking over the herd feels like a moment they should show what happens right after cus it pulled them all together.

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I agree it was a poorly written episode and just made the 2 characters everyone views as the strongest seem complacent and weak. But I won't judge the whole series off of it. To me this season has been really good with the exception of this episode. Also the Morgan episode from the 1st half but that was mainly cus it was 90min

13. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Are you referencing the cop that stood up during a gun fight and took 2 bullets and ended up in a coma during a zombie outbreak? I am surprised the redneck that is now viewed as strong and upright was not involved in said gun fight. :)

14. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

you end up seeing the 'Rainbow Bridge' ?

15. TWDBostonGal

TWDBostonGal Member

I didn't know TWD is now a comedy. Alright, we have the time jump, but we missed;

- Carl waking up and asking for his mom
    - Last time we saw Rick he was crying, begging Carl to wake up, wanting to show him the world (or half of it...hehe)
    - The we see Rick casually making another belt hole (in the ZA he's getting fatter? What's he eating....nevermind)
    - Why did he take off his ring? Did he promise to give it to Carl? Why not throw it away? He's keeping it in his spare change dish?
    - the hook up - Good God. Pandering to the Richonne fans. Now we have a power couple, blah blah blah.
    - Now the Richonne fans will SHUT UP!
    - Did she tell him about Andre? Did he tell her all about Shane and Lori?
    - Rick snapping his fingers and singing along to a song.......minus ten points in the hottie factor
    - Benny Hill/ Moe, Larry and Curly chasing Jesus
    - Letting a truck of stuff and things sink - your kids are hungry, Rick
    - Asking the three questions to someone who looks mentally unstable

The woman who directed this ep did a few of the "Fear...." eps. 'nuff said.

16. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

this is absolutely my biggest question.....

I thought them running after the truck was silly, but.... It did turn out to be worthwhile, but only because the writer gave Jesus a flat. And, wtf leaving a useful running car behind, if they had a brief scene discussing that it was an untrustworthy POS, maybe i could see it, but.... And they had 2 drivers, and this would save poor Daryl from Ricks music selection and singing, definite positive all around.

I like Richonne, saw it coming, as many have said, since Clear.... Especially with Carl/ Michonne relationship. I think they are great together.

17. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

He walks on water and trucks/vans!

18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Your mention of the 3 stooges had me imagining what chaos would have ensued if Jesus had mentioned Niagra Falls.

19. TWDBostonGal

TWDBostonGal Member

Moe, Larry the cheese!!! Moe, Larry the cheese -or- take off your hat. Raise your right hand. Now place your left hand here.....

Classic.

20. batongal

batongal Active Member

I wouldn't consider it "brain surgery" in no way has Carl's brain been compromised. The bullet from what Nicotero explained happened to graze his eye/eye socket at least that's what it seemed he said. She was just sewing up the big gaping hole. She's not a nurse, she said pre apocalypse she was a studying surgeon turned psychiatrist.