Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jesus

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Characters' started by skaaaa, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Member

Crap! I haven't read issue 109 yet ¬¬

Anyway, in issue 104 (I think) a girl hits him in the back of his head, so... Although there were 3 against 1

2. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

If Rick were to die, do you think that Jesus could take his place? I know he is still a relatively new character, but he's grown on me rather quickly. He tries to put people before himself, keeps a level head and thinks long term similar to Rick. So, what would you guys think of him becoming a leader? Could he carry the comic?

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not in the same way. No one would follow Jesus in the same way. They trust him now but he would never lead Rick's group if Michonne, Andrea, or Carl is alive. A new member would be accepted but I don't see him becoming leader right away. If anything Carl will take over a long time in the future. Maybe Jesus could be a new leader for Hilltop if Gregory bites it though. That would be cool.

4. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

I know it wouldn't be the same but I feel like enough of Rick's people would follow him. The important ones anyway, Carl, Andrea, Michonne, Heath, I think they'd fall behind Jesus as a leader. Carl seemed to trust Jesus from the start, Michonne doesn't strike me as wanting to lead, Andrea would probably be on the fence about it though. You're right, he is still pretty new to the group and it would probably be tense at first especially with the original survivors from Alexandria.

As far as Carl goes, I'm worried that Rick is going to die before he is ready to lead, if not before others are ready to accept him as leader. I'd really like him to take over for Rick eventually though.

Jesus filling in for Gregory or leading a group outside of Rick's makes sense and would be pretty cool to see. I really think Jesus could carry the book for a while, bridging any gap between Rick's death and Carl taking over.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I just feel like someone from Alexandria would take over. Rick doesn't just lead his inner group he leads the whole community. I am not against it but I don't see it happening. Carl is just now becoming Rick's right hand. I think if Rick lives long enough for that to last then he will be in a good position to lead. Otherwise he would not be. Rick 's death would really just totally uproot everything. To the point where it is hard to guess what would happen. How about Negan? Or maybe Dwight? :p

6. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

Yeah, you're probably right someone from Alexandria will probably take over. Rick is a really good leader but he certainly plays his favorites within his inner circle of the community.

Carl's got a ton of potential and I'm really looking forward to seeing him step up in the future. I do really hope that Carl steps up to lead after Rick. This is just me thinking about what may happen if Rick dies anytime soon.

You're absolutely right Rick's death would drastically change everything and I find it fun to guess about but I really hope it doesn't happen.

Negan could do a power suck if he kills Rick and just takes over everything that would be kinda interesting to see him go from feared threat to feared leader. Dwight I don't really care about too much, he may have more potential than I give him credit for.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't see Dwight surviving a fight with Negan. He's got to figure him out before long.

8. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

Yeah Dwight seems to be screwed. Negan may not kill him though, to make an example out of him as a traitor. Maybe iron the other side of his face, pop his eyeballs Kill Bill style or something nasty like that.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think he will just off him in this case.

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Dwight survived a hot iron treatment and Negan screwing his wife on a daily basis plus the ZA and he's not ape shit crazy...Dwight has more balls than most.

11. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

No doubt Dwight is a tough SOB, I just don't think he's going to be around very long.

12. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I was thinking this could happen since I personally believe it's highly possible that Rick will die in #111 (next month's issue), mainly judging by the cover of #112. It'd be cool to see him be the leader/main character for the next 100 or so issues and then have Carl take up the spot for another 100 until the final total is at 300, just like Kirkman has planned.

13. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. I really like Jesus and feel like he could carry the book until Carl is ready. I didn't know that Kirkman had planned 300 issues, but it fits really well.

14. King Mabel

King Mabel Member

I absolutely agree. I'd have no problem with Jesus being the leader, and the reasons you just presented points to why it would work. My only concern is that it would seem Jesus does not want the leader spot, otherwise he'd be running the Hilltop ages ago. But if he WAS, his story could open up a lot more, and could lead to a deeper character while Carl grows up. On another note, this might sound,it'd be kinda cool for the bad-ass to be the leader rather than Rick's #1 guy. And no one's more bad-ass than Jesus.

15. Paul Monroe

Paul Monroe New Member

That is true

Only time will tell... but i guarantee you folks, i wont be happy if i get stuck with some form of leadership position... after all then it would not give me time to go explore and be alone as i like.

16. RGHendo

RGHendo Member

Jesus is definatly my favorite comic character atm. He's a badass no doubt, but I don't see why you guys find him suspicious. He said straight off that there were multiple communities he just never really elaborated on them. I don't see kirkman ever killing off rick tho. I would love for Jesus to stay with the group but I have a feeling that his ties to the hilltop will make him stay, possibly as a leader as I don't see Gregorry (can't really remember his name) surviving the fight with Negan

17. cpump

cpump Member

No way Jesus is suspicious at all hes the one tht had the idea of attack on Negan

18. Sco

Sco Member

As mentioned by others, I initially disliked Jesus until we learn he is a good guy. At least, as far as we know. Perhaps if Rick is killed by Negan, Jesus will play an even more prominent role... but I just don't feel it's Rick's time yet.

19. Gravelord

Gravelord New Member

You can't top Paul "Jesus" Monroe's character. He is one of Kirkman's greatest creations and he has so much potential.

20. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Jesus is cool no doubt, be he's no Rick Grimes. Rick is the greatest Kirkman creation.