Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jim was psychic?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Wildfire' started by Walkers Ate Me, Jul 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Walkers Ate Me

It certainly seemed that way. He somehow knew to dig those graves, and even told Lori to keep an eye on Carl. (Something she should have done during season 2.) I haven't read the comics. Did Jim have these predictions there, too? Do you think he was really a psychic or was it a coincidence?

2. Shallow Grave

Shallow Grave Member

Ha! Right.

uploadfromtaptalk1342937181766.jpg

You know, I forgot about Jim.

Come to think of it, he was very quiet, very morbid. I don't think he was psychic, more likely just hypersensitive to those around him. Could've just been plain pessimism or realism though...

Carl is forever going where he pleases, obviously not a good move for an inexperienced child [Though at this stage in the comic, inexperienced he is not. Though we have yet to see a true test of wit.] However in the show, at that time, yeah...he probably saw Carl getting himself into the same thing Sophia ultimately did.

I got the vibe that Jim eagerly awaited death. Quite frankly, he wasn't awfully too upset about being bitten either. All he really wanted was to be with family again. I'm very sure one of those graves was his own. Jim was just an opportunist..."I'm alone, nothing else to do around here...we're all gonna die, yep...might as well save everyone the trouble and start digging these now..." A very faithless person, except in the grace of death, of which he welcomed.

3. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I kinda wished that Jim got to last a little longer like Shane did.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Some reason the part of Jim digging graves is something that I can't recall, going blank...

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The episode of the attack on the camp and when Amy died. Before the attack Jim is seen digging holes up on a hill, Shane approaches him about it, tackles him, and ties him to a tree.

6. ForceReaper

ForceReaper Member

Maybe he knew the zombie are coming, like he saw it?

7. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Oh I guess I need to watch the marathon again lol. Maybe he lost hope, maybe he knew...I need to watch it again.

8. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

You asked in a thread earlier that you did not see Episode S1E04 Vatos. That scene Bassman mentioned was in that episode. You have to watch it. It wasn't the best episode but it had a few important scenes and as a Daryl fan like you, he's got some breakout behavior that is a bit funny.

9. Walkers Ate Me

Likewise. I really hope we get some flashbacks or something. There's been a lack of flashbacks since Frank Darabont left the show.

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

We don't need flashbacks.

11. Walkers Ate Me

I politely disagree. For one, I'd like to see how T-Dog joined the group. (Other than knowing his real name and that he drove a church van, there's no background information on him) Not just T-Dog, but I'd like to learn a bit more about some of the characters in the Atlanta group before Rick showed up. It doesn't have to be a full episode flashback or anything, but I did like the flashback openings they used in season 1 and the first half of season 2.

12. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

Never read the comics, however, I don't see anybody being 'psychic' in The Walking Dead. I believe Jim was losing it, he lost his whole family. Jim probably dug the holes because somebody was going to have to. "People are going to die, sooner or later" probably bobbled through his mind.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree on the flasbacks. I like them but they aren't needed. the characters can explain they're past without them.

14. turbo6

turbo6 Member

I loved how they used Jim's digging as foreshadowing in this episode. We were fairly certain he was digging graves, but you had no idea why he was doing so in such a compulsive manner.

I wouldn't say Jim was psychic, he just had a lucid dream and the reality of the situation hit him and that pushed him over the edge. He likely figured this group would inevitably killed by walkers much like his family was, at least subconsciously perhaps. He admitted he had a dream that led him to dig, and then as the camp was attacked he recalled his dream.

Though I guess its debatable if the dream itself pushed him to dig, or just fact he may have felt less safe at the camp or even came to terms with this being a hopeless battle, everyone will eventually die. Jim struck me as a pessimist, his family died, he had no hope so I don't think the dream is entirely responsible for his actions.

15. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

There's nothing to flashback to. Especially at the campsite. We did get to hear Jim calling on the phone during ricks hallucinations.

16. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I loved the last sentence of the episode from Jim.

"I remember my dream now..." it was just the way he said it and the look in his eye, very strange. In the world of a ZA, someone who lost their family and all, I'd be guessing they'd be also having dreams and nightmares about zombies, it probably just so happened that the next night after his dream the group were attacked.

17. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

I'd like to see flashbacks showing more of how the world fell apart more than I would to get a character's back story.

18. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but Jim was like Jenner to me. They both lost their beloved and had no hope. They were somehow mysterious about the whole ZA thing. Jim had a dream about it, a "prediction" of some of them from the group, but Jenner said that they will not last any longer like that. I think he knew something more. Just my opinion.

19. mtcsteelcurtain

If you recall, Jim was asked why he was digging the holes. He replied he did not remember. I can't remember who asked him. I think it was Shane or Dale, while he was tied to the tree. At the end of the attack on camp, Jim replied, "Now I remember why I dug those holes." If he did see the future, how come he could not remember it? That whole situation with Jim was weird to me. I don't think he was merely being pessimistic, or else he would not have replied that he did not remember, and then all of a sudden remember it after the attack and deaths. I think something strange was going on, but not sure what it is.

20. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

He didn't remember because, as mentioned, it was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the sun got to his head. And he did not "suddenly" remember, he remembered because his dream just HAPPENED right before his eyes, of course it's going to come back to him. Sometimes, or very often people will have dreams and not remember any of it, or just remember a little bit of it, the graves must of been a little bit that he did remember while he was digging.