Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jim who got bit by the attack

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Wildfire' started by Jakobi, Dec 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I am not sure if I would want to change or just end it and take my own life. I hate just being sick, screw waiting for zombie mind to kick it. It would be hard to kill yourself though.

2. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I wonder what it feels like. Maybe its like a bad hangover or maybe a migraine, if you don't feel it I would turn lol

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I prob would have done what he did....LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

4. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Turning would blow chunks! Jim was burning with fever, ralphing, and delusional! He was having zombie hot-flashes, as he lay in the RV! No, turning into a zombie would be a Debbie Downer. Rather have a buddy shoot me in the back of the head...as long as I didn't know it was coming!

5. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

I think I would have asked Daryl to take me out after everyone else had said goodbye. Particularly if they were willing to wait around until after I went back into the fever delirium, but I wouldn't ask them to do that. Daryl was obviously more than willing to take Jim out back at the camp, and he's capable of doing it quietly and with minimal mess. My greatest concern would be that if they left me to turn, I would somehow catch up with them again someday and end up eating them. However unlikely, the slight possibility of hurting the people who'd taken me in wouldn't allow me to stay alive just to turn later.

6. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

If I was to go out like Jim on the roadside, I would have asked Daryl to do me in as well.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Jim wanted to be left on the side of the road so he could "be with his family". If you recall, earlier in the episode he says that the only reason he got away from the walkers was because they were too busy eating his family. In the end, he wanted to die and change in an attempt to join his family. It may sound silly to some, but being left to change was Jim's way of reuniting with his loved ones.

8. KPandoraStar

KPandoraStar Member

Somehow, I completely overlooked that. Thanks, Bassman!

9. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I also thought that Jim wanted to turn into a walker because it was his way of punishing himself. I thought the graves he was digging were for his family. (even though when it originally happened he may not have had anything to bury) And that by digging he was desperately trying to "do" something for them. IMHO he must have carried alot of guilt that his family was "ripped from his arms" and for running away while they ate his family.

#9 DarylFTW, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I wouldn't risk the lives of others. I'd actually tell them to give me a gun and I'd do my best to hold off.

11. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

Presumably "Walker Jim" is still wandering around in rural Georgia. I wonder if the group might encounter his zombified self later on in the show (I realize the chances are slim, but the potentiality makes it worth considering). It would be a chilling thing indeed.

12. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I bet if you were bit by a zombie it wouldn't be hard to kill yourself at all. I mean, would you really want to be a zombie? I think knowing that you were going to reanimate and and munch on someone causing them the same fate would make it easy. What if you came back and bit a family member or a kid? I think being bit by a zombie would be the only time offing yourself would be an easy decision.

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree. It could be a really emotional encounter for the group, as well as the fans.

14. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

those chances would be way to slim and unrealistic. Poor Jim waiting near a tree waiting to die and become a walker... what a way to go. Saddest imo.

15. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I totally agree. It was irresponsible and morally wrong to allow Jim to become a walker. All deaths he caused directly and indirectly would be the group's fault.

16. Taylor Vogel

Taylor Vogel New Member

This.

He could be punishing himself for letting the Walkers eat his entire family while he ran away. I originally thought the graves would have ended up being for his family as well.

17. redinfll

redinfll Well-Known Member

If I was Jim I would prefer somone put a bullet through my head. After seeing my family ripped apart by a zombie why would I want to become one of the things that I would have hated most in the present world. I also agree with another post that leaving Jim to turn just places other people in danger if he attacks them. Put a bullet in his head and let him "be with his family".