Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

JOAN... you're dead but i want to know more

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by gavuk, Nov 6, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

one possible theory I just thought of: maybe it depends on where you get bit in relation to arteries. Like, if a walker just bit the muscle tissue on your forearm, you might have more time than if he bit your wrist and made it clear to the arteries.

(sorry if this makes no sense. I know very little about medical science and stuff and thangs.)

2. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

That's true, would you establish this before. Would you ask your people, "hey, do you want to be part of the experiment, or should we just cut off your limb?". If it was a bite to the torso, I guess I'd be down with the experiment.

3. fruitfulandgay

There's nothing at all stupid about that question. In medicine, some injections are intramuscular, some are intravenous. It just depends on how the drug needs to be delivered.

#23 fruitfulandgay, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  4. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Off topic but Joan (Keisha Castle-Hughes) was the little girl in the movie Whale Rider! Loved that movie. Anyway...carry on folks... :)

5. Sixfootbrunette

How did they know to chop her arm off if she got bit though? I mean Rick done it to Hershel on a whim. You saw her arm, maybe it was a really deep cut that they knew they didn't have the supplies to fit, so what's the easier option?

6. Walker Caravan

Maybe they'll find another Clara/Lizzie mix who Wants to be experimented on. Killed Gareth and co. too early.

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Has anyone thought of cauterization to staunch the virus boost you get with a bite? It would hurt like hell but it might be worth a try when you have a trunk wound.

8. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

They should take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

9. Darylette

Darylette Member

Ive thought that. If you have a trunk wound the alternative is definite death. Burning is worth a shot.

10. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I really liked that movie. I thought it was very funny that she went on to The Nativity Story, being a pregnant teenager, IRL.

11. fruitfulandgay

Doctors are rare in the Walking Dead world. I bet space ships and astronauts are even harder to come by. :). Plan B for sure though.

12. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

I hate to say it, but yea. If the physical bite of a walker does not infect you with a specific "zombie virus," but rather something like sepsis, I feel like we would have found other ways to treat them.
    It's one topic I wish they would put more effort into clearing up. In zombie lore, TWD has my favorite way of turning - anyone who died turns, regardless. So I don't really care if a bite or scratch turns you because walkers have other ways of killing you.

Thinking about it, most of our deaths haven't been from a single bite or scratch, only a very few were. To contrast, Amy vs Jim because Amy was bit but she also had her neck ripped open, however Jim had a few scratches on his stomach. Obviously Amy died from bleeding out. However Jim seemed to go through a rage flu before dying. I feel like if the zombie scratches had been cleaned properly and perhaps some hard core antibiotics, antibacterial, and anti fungals used among other things he may have been ok.

They don't really explain one way or the other the why or how this part works. I understand in the ZA how extravagant medical treatment isn't available, but several have been set up to at least attempt such things.

Again, I'd be fine if a bite was possible to treat because we've seen walkers kill survivors in all kinds of ways besides simple bites or scratches.

#32 zero7starz, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. joewinko

joewinko Member

even though no one found out much about her, i actually loved Joan. She seemed like a really cool character
    i wanted to know more about her too. I wish the episode would've revealed more, but maybe in a deleted scene or something.

14. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Jim was bitten. He told Jacqui he was scratched. But when he was forced to show his wound, it was definately a bite. No deaths have been attributed to a scratch thus far, only bites.

15. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Whoa necro thread! This was how many months old? Lol.

16. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Old thread is old.

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

.... it's from like two months ago. It's not that old.

18. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Not sure if we actually found out it 100% worked.

She killed herself with the scissors etc but it could've been she was already going to die even though she had a conversation with Beth after the amputation.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its been awhile since I've seen that sequence, but if I remember right at least one or two day/night cycles happened before she killed herself. I think it was like the following day when Noah got beat up, and then in a later scene he had bruising from the beating that looked like at least a day or more old. Something like that. Then, only later was Joan's body discovered, and she must have just killed herself because no one noticed she was missing yet. I'd have to rewatch that sequence, but I think the impression we were suppose to have was a couple days passed and she was in recovery.

20. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

You could be correct, I just watched that episode last night (re-watching the series on Netflix, currently on S5 E12 since amc isn't on hulu and I've missed S9 E12 til finale). I'll watch that part again.

• Like Like x 1