Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jon Bernthal Talks With Sarah Wayne Callies

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Stealth, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Among his many projects Jon has a Youtube Channel. Couple of months ago he talked with Sarah Wayne Callies about their experiences on TWD and their feelings about what happened with Darabont. This was a very good, candid discussion. It's only a 10 minute clip too.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This is interesting. Thanks for posting it. Always interesting to see them talk openly about their experience after the fact. What I find interesting is that they both seem to indicate that their time on the show was affected due to standing up for Darabont and I'm not so sure that was the case. Shane actually lasted longer in the show than he did in the comic and while Lori lasted a bit longer in the comic she still died in the prison attack.

In anycase it would have been interesting to see what the show would have turned out to be had HBO decided to take it. They would have been willing to spend the dollars on it (which seemed to be the root cause of the riff between Darabont and AMC). No doubt the reason HBO agreed to do Last of Us is because of the massive success TWD had.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought that too, that they weren't really aware of what the fate of their characters were in the comics. Although Dale was removed too soon, so that lines up with what they were saying in having gone to bat for Darabont, since he had joined them.

Lori they could've kept until the Governor's attack, but they removed her in early Season 3. I don't think though it would've had much of a difference in the salary she was talking about, but I'm not sure when their contracts ran out, and if one more season would've made much of a difference for her monetarily. It's not like she would've survived to Alexandria.

Bernthal seems much more content and happier with his TWD time than she does. But then his career has gotten bigger since leaving the show, so it's not surprising.