Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Judith Grimes

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Shooter, Apr 15, 2014.

1. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

In the snow. Uphill. Both ways.

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

All of these kids these days want to play Grand Theft Auto V on their PS4s. When I was a kid, I played Grand Theft Auto III on my PS2.

3. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I wonder if the baby who plays Judith sees much of the actual zombie crew. 'cuz that would have some interesting developmental implications.

4. Lisaatje

Lisaatje Member

I remember seeing a picture on social media somewhere of one of the babies who plays Judith, having her "lunch" next to a guy who plays a walker and is in full-costume + make up. Pretty funny. Can't find it anywhere at the moment.

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Judith sure loves cups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Found it
    [​IMG]

7. WalkingBuckeye

Get that kid my card. STAT.

8. WalkingBuckeye

[​IMG]

Already set my DVR.

9. WalkerSlayer

WalkerSlayer Member

That kid is like "Business as Usual". I'm going to assume that none of the actors scare or terrorize the babies, so they are probably adjusted to seeing someone who appears totally disfigured. I'm also guessing the parents would soothe her (them? twins?) if she was upset when she was first exposed. In situations of burn victims or other disfigurement, it's the adults reactions/response that adds to a child's fear, worry, or concern.

10. WalkingBuckeye

I know that there has been speculation--not spoilers, just consideration--that Judith will die in the season finale. I could see that being the Kleenex moment that Norman referenced.

Not hatin' on the baby, but that would be a huge plot point, not just in terms of how it affects Rick and Carl plus the entire group, but also with regard to the question: would Judith turn? Would TPTB actually go there--write a toddler zombie? Or could her death be a part of the cliffhanger element: Judith has just died, and what do they do?

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I hope she does not die. But with the pic showing a mark on her forehead (she being in the arms of Norman), I speculate this might be true.

Remember there was a great discussion whether or not Judith was dead when the prison was stormed and all we saw was Judith's bloody car seat? I hope this plot will not happen again.

12. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

That's the main reason I think she won't die. We've seen Rick and Carl mourn and try to move on from her death, and then seen how happy they were to have her alive. Killing her would just stir up all the angst they went through after Lori's death again.

13. WalkingBuckeye

@Blueman and @Spartangirl22: I totally get where you're coming from, and I don't want to see Baby J go. I go back and forth about whether TPTB would have a baby killed by walkers, or even "just" bitten. I can't imagine it's something they would show; it would happen off-screen. But she could also be killed by non-walker means; e.g., a stray bullet during the finale. That would be compelling to me b/c in addition to it possibly pushing Rick further to the dark side, it would also bring up a fascinating plot point: would children born after the outbreak still carry the virus? Let's say she dies but not from a walker: could Rick and company bring themselves to do what they always do--what they have to do--when anyone dies? But on the flip side, could they bring themselves to wait and possibly watch their beloved child start to turn?

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just finally got around to watching Talking Dead tonite. Way back when episode 510 aired, I made a post somewhere saying that I thought Judith's actor was different in 5B. She no longer looked like Charlotte and Clara Ward, the twins. Everyone shot me down, saying she was the same. But did you notice Chandler's statement, regarding Judith's actor switching mid season? I think we have a new set of twins that TWD wiki just isn't privy to yet.

15. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm surprised anyone would dispute that, because Judith looks completely different to me in 5b than she does in 5a. If you compare Judith with Martin in No Sanctuary to Judith snuggling with Rick in Them (I think), they don't really look that much alike at all. You were right, Neuro, as usual ;)

16. Neuropyramidal

Haha, yes, I felt it was an obvious difference too. The Walking Dead Wiki is still crediting Judith as being played by Charlotte and Clara Ward, even for 5B, but I suspect that this is just because they've kept the real actors' names a secret.

17. VickGrimes

I loved 5a Judith - the scene where she reacts to the knife in Martin's hand is perfect. So when they showed new Judith in 5b, I was "disappointed" at first because I loved the previous Judith so much. Anyway, 5b Judith quickly grew on me because she has great chemistry with Rick. Plus, she got to stroke his beard in all its glory. In short, Wiki needs to get its shit together.

18. Neuropyramidal

lol, to be honest, I had the opposite reaction. I felt that 5B Judith was suddenly much more adorable. She won my heart when she was laying in the barn with Rick. And when they arrived at ASZ for the first time, and she was in the back seat and she turned to face Rick, and they bonded. She just seems to have a better temperament for some reason.

19. VickGrimes

Lolz, that's kind of what I meant - their chemistry is awesome; I loved that scene of them laying together in the barn, the scenes of her looking back at him when he's taking her out of the back seat, and when she strokes his beard before they enter the ASZ. I just meant that her face was noticeably different in that scene of them snuggling in the barn, so I thought I was going to miss 5a Judith, but I love 5b Judith just as much, if not more. But come on, Judith's sad face when Martin pulls out the knife? It's too much.

Anyway, for good measure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, both versions of Judith would steal anyone's heart. If I was living in a ZA, and I had some grand plan for how I was going to survive, but then I randomly came across either of those babies, abandoned somewhere, then my entire worldview would change and I'd spend my life just trying to protect them. How could anyone not?