Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Judith Grimes

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Shooter, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that Judith seemed to be the only new-born infant in the ZA? Maybe she is basically the last human to ever be born. Something changed to make everyone turn into walkers when they died. Maybe it also changed people to make them unable to reproduce? Laurie could have been pregnant by Rick before the ZA began.

It seems like other pregnancies would have occurred. Birth control might be iffy in the ZA, after all. So, if Judith is the last human and no one is reproducing any more, it would mean EVERYONE is Walking Dead. No more human future after this generation dies. What do you think? :zombies_confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. MelissaJKelly

MelissaJKelly Member

Interesting idea...

3. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the board, [MENTION=84612]Lindigo[/MENTION]! You pose a great question, one which I wonder if they'll explore. I'm not familiar with the comics, so I don't know what happens there. Part of me wants her to die--I know, that sounds awful, but it would be an opportunity to see what happens. As an infant born after the outbreak, could she possibly be immune? They would never have her get chomped, but if she dies by some other means, do they dare risk waiting to see what happens? Do they force themselves to do what they did with Bob and Tyreese? Fascinating area to consider.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks, WalkingBuckeye! I am very happy to have found this forum.

I have never read any of the comics, either. I do think it would be fascinating to see if Judith could rest in peace, and only post-ZA babies could have any chance of a normal death. I doubt there are many of them out there, even globally counting babies conceived pre-ZA.

There are so many other reasons we might have not been seeing infants: no prenatal care, which causes infant mortality even in our reality; women dying in childbirth being a common cause of death even in the 1800s; childbirth causing screaming to draw walkers; babies crying quite often, drawing a steady stream of walkers. And unless you are lucky enough to be hanging out with Darryl, you probably have malnutrition to the point that ovulation stops, etc.

If my guess is right, it was brilliant to have Judith's father be in question. Thinking Shane could be the father would steer people away from even wondering why there is now not a pregnancy in sight.

What made this all pop into my head was hearing that the writer has had an idea of the ending from the very beginning. I started wondering, hm, well, what could it be??? Before that I had figured they were letting the show grow organically, figuring it out as they went.

But now I think it is more a Joss Whedon-type show in that Joss always had his Buffy ending in mind.

5. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

I was wondering what your thoughts are about what Judith's age will be when S6 begins? Assuming there is a time jump, of course. I gotta believe she'll be walking, no? She has looked to be around 6-9 months since S4! Meanwhile, Carl is almost as tall as Rick. lol

I was hoping at some point once they got to the ASZ, they would show a sweet moment or two where Rick was able to relax a little and just be a dad. Like watching him and Carl celebrate over Judith's first steps or something. It would have been much more enjoyable (and believable) to see him spending his down time doing that instead of chasing after a married woman. :dead:

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I worry about Judith, I wonder how much longer she can realistically be kept alive, especially if she leaves the ASZ. But she's so precious to everyone and to kill her off would be terrible. I like the questions you bring up [MENTION=84612]Lindigo[/MENTION] -gives her a new dimension to explore. I really do hope they have more of a purpose in mind for her then to die and traumatized everyone, I am sick of all the young girl death on TWD (Sophia, Mika, Lizzy, Beth...) I want Judith to live!

7. Cameron

Cameron New Member

I don't think they'd ever kill her just because how media would react if they did. Every social media site would explode if they killed her off. Anyways, it'd be cool too see how someone grows up from birth in the apocalypse.

8. adfnio

adfnio New Member

Wasn't baby judith born 2 seasons ago? If that's the case then she should be walking around by now. Did they get new set of twins?

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A new set was cast just before season 5 started filming

10. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

That's a good point. She should be walking around and teething at this point. Interesting.

11. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Get off your ass, Judith! "Someone needs to carry me." "Someone needs to feed me." "Someone needs to change my diaper." When I was her age, I had a part-time job and volunteered at the local Food Bank.

I'm guessing there have been a lot of Morning After pills consumed over the last 2 years. Honestly, if I had been Lori I would have used them (and kept them down). I know that there are religious/ideological reasons why someone wouldn't terminate the pregnancy, and some people would actually be happy to learn they're pregnant. But me...I wouldn't. As a lesbian, I would be seriously rejoicing in my very safe sex. (Tara, I'm lookin' at you.)

12. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

A painting of Judith and her dad... (not my work but the brush strokes is amazing)

[​IMG]

13. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

14. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Amirite Vick?

15. VickGrimes

I either want my head photoshopped onto Jessie or Judith in the upcoming season, as long as I can get close to that face.

16. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Ugh, no Jessie!

17. VickGrimes

Woman, we have to accept the inevitable, and if she gets to have sexytime with Rick next season I'd rather pretend it is me instead of her mmmmkay?!

18. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Silver lining. Anyone who can get Rick to take his clothes off is doing us a service, I suppose. Bring on the photoshop!

(btw, I now have "Jessie's Girl" stuck in my head......"Oh I wish that I had Jessie's man...")

19. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

I forgot I'm not in the Rick thread...I suppose I should contribute something to the Judith thread...one of my favorite Rick/Judith memes heehee

[​IMG]

20. VickGrimes

I wish it wasn't Jessie, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rick get a little action #becausevisuals

And since we are in the Judith thread, I will repost these nuclear ovary explosion gifs

[​IMG] [​IMG]