Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Judith is Shane's Babe

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is Rick Right?

Of course he is. ;)

2. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

Probably. Math probably favors Shane. But Rick has no real way of knowing either way. He probably decided that thinking Judith was Shane's and loving her anyway was better than convincing himself that she was his and maybe one day finding out she wasn't (say, if she started to look like Shane as she got older.)

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming Rick is basing his opinion on a conversation he had, off camera, with Lori? He seemed pretty sure, and she's the only one who would have known.

4. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Probably a timing thing, he seemed pretty sure.

5. Aquatic Nuggets

I'm now personally hoping this show gets to Season 20 so we can watch a fully grown Judith proceed to attempt to kill her best friend and rub her head often.

6. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

How much talktime did Shane get? I didn't get to finish the episode. <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chaos

Chaos Member

He would have a real way of knowing if they hadn't done it around the time. When you consider the marital fighting he was telling Shane about in the pilot, it is a strong possibility.

8. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

@Aquatic Nuggets I wondered how long it would be before someone threw a head rubbing joke in. Thank you!

@Chaos I agree, it's a strong possibility. Rick and Lori did get together at least once (with Carl asleep on a nearby cot - awkward) so there's still a slight chance if the baby was conceived either right before Rick showed up or immediately after that they wouldn't know. Like a two week timeframe for her birth to throw the paternity into question. If she was born nine months from when Rick was still in his coma, then he'd know for sure. Maybe this was the show's way of saying that that's what happened.

9. msmith73

msmith73 Member

It would have to be Shane's. After watching this episode it is obvious Rick has no balls!

#9 msmith73, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

[MENTION=95251]Shane357[/MENTION] More than he's had in 5 seasons. Rick basically told Michonne that he had a best friend that he never talked about who saved Lori and Carl and slept with Lori, and that he knew Judith was his friend's daughter, not his.

11. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

This was such a shocker to hear in the episode. I had my hands to my mouth as unexpected it came out! I thought Judith was his full daughter and I knew they wouldn't go back on it unlike the comic did but I was wrong.

12. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

This is one thing I love about the showrunners. They knew that all these years fans have debated that question to death. This was their way of giving us the answer. Not sure if it will defuse the debate, but they gave us the answer.

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Rick had a vasectomy pre za. Snip snip.

14. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

[MENTION=76722]Spartangal22[/MENTION]
    Thanks! =)

15. Neuropyramidal

I thought it was a bit unrealistic that Michonne has never heard of Shane. But it was a good call back.

16. pilight

pilight Member

She's heard his name. Andrea asked about him when she reunited with the gang at the prison. I can see how Michonne might not know all the details that Rick gave her tonight, though.

17. Expat-N-America

I can see him not wanting to discuss Shane before. Maybe it's finally been long enough that he's ready to talk about it.

18. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

She's not yours, Rick. So... I'm not saying you have to straight-up kill her or anything... but if you ever find yourself surrounded by walkers... she'd make an excellent diversion. ;)

19. Neuropyramidal

I can see that too, but I just find the fact that she never heard any details about him before to be a bit off. She's been bonding with Carl for a long time now. Months. And he never mentioned the man that saved him at the beginning of the ZA, lived with them for the first months of the ZA, and who he witnessed his dad kill? No one else from the core group ever mentioned anything about his existence to her?? It doesn't add up to me.

She did hear his name, as pilight said, but its just an oddity to me. I like to believe she DID know about him, and just played stupid.

20. Expat-N-America

Yes, since Carl tends to confide in her it actually makes more sense to me that she's heard it from CARL and not RICK. She could have just been being polite, and letting him get out what he needed to say without interrupting "Yeah, man, heard this before."