Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Judith looks about nine months old maybe?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by cmstomps, Feb 21, 2014.

1. cmstomps

cmstomps Member

Just thought I'd put this out there since I've seen posts in several threads debating how long it has been since the ZA - mostly focussed around how old Carl looks and if it is in line with the supposed timeline. So, my point is that as long as we have Judith (and whatever age child they choose to play her), we can sort of tell how long it has been, at least for a while. Since she was conceived within a few weeks/maybe a month of the ZA, we know that it has only been about 18 months or so since the ZA. So, yes, I think Carl looks a little too old for the age of the character (about 12?), but it doesn't really bother me - just a problem with television in general. It would be thoughtful of them to do some sort of time jump, if they want to keep it more real, but I guess it might mess with how it relates to the comics (I haven't read them)

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

We know it was around seven months between Seasons Three and Four. So we can assume Judith is roughly around 7-9 months old.

As for Carl......Chandler Riggs is just going to age naturally and they'll do small jumps between seasons to sort of address his maturing.

3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I believe the character of Carl is supposed to be about 14

4. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure about the show, it's sort of tricky trying to figure it out. But I do know, that in the comic universe, it's was finally confirmed by Kirkman that the zombie apocalypse began in 2010

5. Caryl

Caryl Member

I think he was seven when the ZA hit. Didn't Lori say something to that effect in season 2? There's nothing you can do about a child actor growing so they'll just have to deal with it and write around it. They need to show some winter seasons though. Every season has been hot sticky summer. It's getting to be unrealistic.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Kirkman has already confirmed that Carl(Riggs) will age naturally throughout the show. They'll use time jumps to help address it, but whereas Carl is still a child in the comic, he'll be an adult in the show.

As for showing Winter seasons....there's no real point. Here in Georgia we have a very mild winter Any sort of snow is very rare and only stays on the ground for a day or two. The last significant snow we had was over twenty years ago in the blizzard of 1993. I suppose they could spend the time to fake summer for winter(have the actors in coats and try to conceal the greenery), but it makes more sense for them to use the winter as a time-jump between seasons.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's a difficult situation, lol. Either they write the actors ageing into the series and write around it, or they confuse viewers even more by re-casting Carl every season.

8. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Isn't around 7-9 months babies start to teeth. Maybe that's why, Judith is crying so much. Cause her baby teeth is coming in. She needs one of those teeth rings. She can chew on.