Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Julia Ormond on her character

Discussion in 'TWD3 Discussion' started by Dnae, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake with this one, but it just dawned on me that the initials for this show are TWB. I'm pretty sure I feel like that was part of the plan.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Younger does not have to mean childish, immature or silly though.

I am older than dirt and I thoroughly enjoy The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. That show is centered around younger characters with adults as supporting cast and still achieves a story that is fun, interesting and hella dark at times

Another one I enjoy that is driven by young adults is The Rain. Not exactly stellar writing BUT the characters while young are not silly. And keep in mind that when watching I am utilizing the English dubbed voice over so I really do not have a full indication of the series. Quite possible that in its native language the series is actually great - maybe I need to brush up on my Danish.

Dark and tense can be achieved even if the main characters are young adults.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

At first I cringed when I found out that it was going to be based on kids and young adults. It was a realization of my exact fears lol. But the people who have screened this show early or had a chance to get a glimpse of the filming, have stated that it has a very dark feel, and NOT what one would expect for a cast full of tweens and twix and whathaveyous. And I also enjoy The Rain. So for now, I'm trying to be optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, I posted a few tweets regarding that set visit in another thread.

And I actually think that the core group of young-uns will be around the ages of 17ish to 20ish with Felix (Nico Tortorella) possibly being a wee bit older.

Like you I am going to remain optimistic.

I mean hell, look at the old folks in Fear and what a crap show that has become. Maybe a younger survivor's perspective will be a bit of fresh air. As you, I am choosing optimism.

7. Stealth

I've been watching "His Dark Materials" on HBO. It's a good series, but not for everyone since there are fantasy elements. The main character is a young girl. So I'm not opposed to it either, I just have concerns how it'll fit in the TWD universe. It's mainly because aside from Judith, the franchise has been clumsy in how they've handled kids and young adults.

8. Stealth

Yes, that news was encouraging for me too. I'm willing to give the show a fair shot.