Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jumping for Joy

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Pablo & Jessica' started by PepperAnn, Sep 12, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Overall I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this episode! I have had things and people that annoy me EVERY episode in this show, and not one thing did last night.

MADISON really shined. I have had a hard time liking her in the second season, largely due to how she treats Nick and Alicia.....but now she really seems to be finding her footing and focusing on what's actually happening to the world and figuring out how to adapt to it.

I have always been a Strand fan and his performance at the end....was very convincing and sweet. I like all the different sides we see of him.

Alicia really stepped up to the plate too. She's spent the last few episodes doing this and I like that she's becoming a very capable survivor.

The stories were great. The infected luring was awesome....a bunch of lemmings diving off the cliff lmao!! Very heart pounding walk down the pier. Loved the Nick drug cutting scene. The convos between him and Alejandro. All of it. The only person I really wanted to see die was Mother of the Bride. She's on my last nerve.

I would consider this episode the best yet in the entire series. YAY!!!

#1 PepperAnn, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I really enjoyed it, too. Alicia's extemporaneous plan of how to dispose of the infected just brilliant .

Only thing hokey was how Maddie and Victor found some new duds so quick and how clean they were. It was the spa, but still ...

Yeah, Mom of the Bride is going to get her whole family killed ....although I think Oscar has no deep affection for her .

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I did like the fact that Madison not only realized for herself but also apologized to Alicia for basically leaving her to raise herself (due to what I assume was Madison focusing her attention on Nick and his addiction).

I agree that Alicia is really stepping up to the plate these days and it is a much better fit for her character.

Have to say that I did not miss seeing Travis nor Chris.

I too am ready for the former desperate housewife of Wisteria Lane to meet yet another grisly ending (I think her character on that show was murdered stuffed in trunk right? I stopped watching after one season so I do not remember.)

I would like to see Oscar become a character that gets a bit more attention, a bit more involved in the story arc.

4. PepperAnn

I thought about that as soon as they were changed in the next scene. Gotta just learn to trust the off screen moments but jeez were they clean. lol

totally had to google extemporaneous. :p

Yes on the apology!! Glad to see Maddy practicing a little self-reflection. I like that the two of them are going down the road of getting closer. They could be a great team.....then add Strand. Love the three of them together.

Yeah no Travis and Chris. They could die off screen and I would be ok with that. :p No, I still want to see Chris be a little less childish in his trigger happy moments first but DIE TRAVIS DIE.

Never saw a moment of Desperate Housewives but I knew she looked familiar. lol DIE!!! Oscar can stay. :p

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yes PepperAnn,
    Nicely written! :)

I missed the first 15 minutes of the show because it wasn't important enough to pay attention to the clock. In fact although I remembered earlier in the day that it would be on, I forgot all about it at night. My son actually had me turn it on.

During the show, I was pretty much paying attention, and sometimes not. But I thought that I somewhat liked it. At least it showed some promise that it can be redeemed.

Last week, I don't think I mentioned it, but I thought of the Spartans at Thermopylae and how 300 (and another few thousand back-ups) held off the Persians. The hallways of the hotel are narrow, and the walkers come almost in single file. Two living with spears, or whatever could stand side by side and easily clear the hallways.

I'm glad that they finally decided to clear the building, and Alicia's plan was a good one. Unfortunately, they didn't check to see if the rip tide current was actually in effect before they walked the walkers out... And while they are out of the building... they can just walk back to shore, or as we have seen from earlier episodes, they can swim.

6. PepperAnn

Yeah it's not like it was an electronic sign that flashed when in effect. :p
    Although as much as Alicia was paying attention to her feet it looked like she could feel it.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

ooooh... good point!

8. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

This episode was a littler better than the rest of this season, but it still didn't really blow me away. I feel like the main plot point of leading the walkers out of the hotel was essentially a shortened rehashed version of TWD season 6. It was a solid plan, but not really an original story at this point. Madison's acting was slightly better, but she still doesn't seem to have much of an emotional range. It's like I've been saying all season. She somehow manages to overact and underact at the same time.

Alicia is really coming into her own, which I've liked seeing. Early on in the show's life I thought that Alicia was going to end up being written in as the 'useless baggage' kind of character, and I'm glad to see that she's really developing into a survivor.

I'm still not really sure what to make of La Colonia. I feel like skipping past the actual transaction scene when Nick delivered the pills was a dumb choice, though in the interest of time constraints I suppose I can see why they did.

My main concern at this point is that leader whatshisname of La Colonia is going to end up being immune, which will make for a terrible plot line.

9. BlackLightning

This was a very good episode.

What's wrong with an immunity story?

10. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm very skeptical of this being a real immune story line. I think it is going to be either Alejandro is lying or he was bit by a human and is mistaken it was dead. I even read a theory here (I forgot who posted it) that he was bit but it was cut out before spread of infection. Now this one i find a little hard to swallow but I believe that works before this is actually a guy with immunity.

Ugh god I hope I don't have to eat my words.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I brought this up back in season 5 with Joan too. The possibility of cutting around a bite instead of amputating an entire limb. Joan was bitten while she was on the run. She was captured by the hospital people somewhere in the city, was driven back to the hospital, and walked up to a high floor, then prepped by doctor Edwards, and her arm was amputated, successfully stopping the spread of infection. This means, at the very least, several minutes passed between the bite and the amputation. So the spread of infection in the fat and soft tissue, at least in some cases, is pretty slow, before it reaches the main bloodstream. Depending on the anatomy of the bite in relation to the bigger veins and arteries.

So if that's the case, if you worked immediately, you may be able to just cut around a fairly superficial bite without amputation, and stop the spread. You could save a limb, or save a life, if bitten in a place like the shoulder, as Alejandro was. Personally, if I was bitten in the arm, I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd say, just cut my arm off. However, if I had already lost one arm, and this was a bite in my other arm, in that case I'd say just try to cut around the bite. Because I'd rather risk dying rather than live in a ZA with no arms.

But anywho, the precedent for this idea is there, with Joan.

12. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I just find it hard to believe that after 6 seasons of TWD in which there has never been a single mention of anyone being immune, not even at the CDC, we're going to suddenly find out that some people are immune. They can work it in somehow, but it would be a pretty glaring inconsistency in my opinion.

13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The virus itself being in everyone doesn't equal walker transmitting a virus via a bite, it means lowered immune system and a bite from something as unsanitary as a mouth means bacteria induced death. As we saw from S3 even something like the flu is very lethal in many scenario's.

In real life if you had a wound and dipped it into waste water and didn't get treatment -- you'd die.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Personally I think it's utter BS. We'll find out he made the whole thing up and faked the marks.

15. BlackLightning

I don't think it would be a glaring inconsistency.

The original cast just never tried it.

16. Znuts

Znuts Member

I really enjoyed this episode as well. The first few episodes of the second half of this season were really slow and kind of putting me to sleep, but this episode had a lot of great elements to them. Madison is finally stepping up and becoming the leader of the group that she needs to be. Alicia has really grown up and can handle herself and the dead. Strand continues to show us new sides to himself and Nick is finally coming in to his own and finding himself in this new world. Now all we need is for Travis to abandon his lil' psycopath son and get back with the main group, oh and Daniel can come too after Ofelia goes and picks him up.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

What we see on the show isn't consistent with that though. Everyday ubiquitous bacteria wouldn't kill you that quickly. It would take days, and even weeks sometimes to die from sepsis after a bite or a cut, and a certain percentage of people would even recover. But a walker bite burns people out with fever within hours to a day or so at most. In addition, they never even bother to try antibiotics after a bite. They try it for everything else, from T-Dog's cut to the flu, but not for a bite. These things point to the fact that something new and walker specific is passing to a bitten person. It can't be just everyday bacteria.

My theory is that the walker virus that exists in all of us mutates upon death, becoming an active form that can pass the blood brain barrier and burn you out. It is then this activated form that passes into a bite victim.

#17 Neuropyramidal, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

It was incredible, wasn't it?!! Fear The Walking Dead has finally proven itself properly imo. <3

19. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Chris and Travis could disappear and I wouldn't care and possibly not even notice. This was a good episode. The season has gotten a lot better. I still don't have a character to love yet though and that's bad.

20. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Thats not bad at all. I liked a few of them right from the beginning. i think Nick was my favorite from episode 1.