Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Jumping for Joy

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Pablo & Jessica' started by PepperAnn, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

That would be more consistent with what is shown on the show of course, but that's not the position of the creators of the show. I was posting their comments on it.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Kirkman has actually been wishy washy on this. [and I consider him the only person who counts]. In the past, he had made conflicting statements. He said its just dirty mouths, and at other times he has dodged the question, saying we aren't suppose to know, or he hasn't decided. So I think this area is still fair game to speculate.

3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The lowered immune system reasoning would work with a super unsanitary bite, even within hours if we're talking immune system gone, but it wouldn't work with bites from fresh walkers and wouldn't work in general because any cold of any kind or infection would kill you also. Just contact with bacteria infested Walkers and their blood would get you sick and kill you also under this scenario.

I only commented on this because the "bite immunity" thing could only work with clarification of how the bites biologically work. Certainly some people would be immune to any virus and would both not become walkers thru standard death and not become walkers thru a bite - but there's been no consistency to establish what causes what.

I would LOVE a detailed canon breakdown of the virus and it was something I had hoped FTWD would shed more light on.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, if it was just ubiquitous bacteria causing death in a bite, the idea of 'immunity' in the strictest sense of being immune to something specific, wouldn't even apply. I don't think the lowered immune system scenario works for me, because people would be getting sick all the time, like you said, and opportunistic infections would be rampant. Also, with lowered immune systems, people like Hershel having major amputations, would very likely develop infections, and sepsis.

Kirkman seems undecided, but I really hope he thinks this through, and never makes a final, official statement claimings its just everyday bacteria, because that makes no sense whatsoever lol.

5. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Have to agree 100%. Absolutely hands down best episode of the entire series far as I am concerned.

6. BlackLightning

We might still get an in-depth breakdown of the virus. FTWD cast is supposed to be finding out/learning things that the original cast didn't (or still doesn't know).

Plus, we have a pharmacist character who allegedly has survived a zombie bite.