Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just finished Road to Woodbury

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by lexy, May 24, 2013.

1. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I finished Road to Woodbury about ten minutes ago what did everyone think?

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you read the michonne special yet ?

Only just got around to reading that one..

3. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Not yet I couldnt find it.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I haven't read it yet, is it good?

5. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

I like it. I mean they aren't these amazing works or art but it's cool to get more back story.

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it is good. Not the best writing ever but it gives some really interesting backstory. If you are a fan you will like it. lilly finally got some screen time.

7. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

I enjoyed both books, like has been said, gives more flesh to the back story so to speak, even tho all 3 mediums are in different planes
    roll on book 3 in ......September?

8. Dani

Dani Member

I loved them both. Wishing there were novels about the other main characters. I love the comics but a novel can go to into way more detail. The Governor is one bad dude :)

9. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

I liked Rise of the Governor better than the Road to Woodbury, but they were both good books and very worth the read. These backstory novels are a great way to get into other parts of this "Story" that the comic, and/or the TV show don't touch.

10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Wasn't as good as "Rise of the Governor" but it was still a decent read.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just finished it a few minutes ago. What was the deal with the National Weather Service still being operational, with meteorologist Barry Gooden still organized enough to broadcast the weather?? I thought that was strange. But good books. Now I just have to read 'Just Another Day at the Office'.

12. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Just started The Road to Woodbury and I'm loving it. It's very well written and paced. I see now that I should've started with The rise of the Gov but I don't mind, I like seeing the different incarnations of the characters and the possibilities to get to know them prior to later developments.It can get a bit confusing and weird because I expect to see other characters popping up in some scenes. And I'm making connections between some scenes in the novel and the TV show which I'm not sure are intentional or my imagination running wild. Such as the relevance of the proximity of a disused railway yard. Or not.

13. Zachary P.

Zachary P. Member

I just finished reading the road to Woodbury a little bit ago. I liked the book. I like the back story form the comics. Going to start the fall of the governor part one next.

14. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm a little more than half way through the Road to Woodbury.

I think it's a bit better written than the first novel. My problem with it is that they should've picked up the Governor's story from where they left off in Rise. I'd like to see the path he took in the days following that incident.

They could've still introduced the Lilly story at first. That's fine. But once they reached Woodbury, we should have had a rewind to tell us how the Governor took those next steps. They're touch on it piecemeal, but it was such a critical moment for the character that I would've like to have seen his actions in the immediate aftermath.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I finished the Road to Woodbury. It was a mixed bag. I thought the writing itself was better than the Rise of the Governor, but the plot of Rise was better than this one. So overall I'd have to give the edge to Rise since the overall plot was more compelling even if the writing was weak at points.

One thing that really jumped out at me as unbelievable in the second novel was the small blurb about how there was a National Weather Service station on a generator still working in the ZA and giving out warnings of the coming storm. I found that totally ridiculous. I can't even believe they'd include that in there at this stage in the apocalypse when all infrastructure is down. Why would anyone even think it'd be necessary to give out weather alerts, or even try when the real danger isn't a storm but zombies? Laughably bad.