Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Just give me 10 seconds"

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Mother dick, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

I wish they would have played out this scene a little closer to how it was executed in the comics. Instead we get a beaten (AGAIN) Rick who is basically crying and groveling at Negan's feet. I get that it was most likely a ploy to get Negan to get his guard down, but what a cringe--worthy scene.

Rick: Just give me 10 seconds. Carl said we should be friends.
    Negan: ....awkward silence....
    Rick: .... awkward silence....

/throatslash

What a letdown of a final showdown.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I'm not a comic reader so I can't make any comparison in that respect. But I agree that the scene was poorly executed in general. It doesn't bother me as much that Negan lived, but rather that Rick does a complete 180 in the midst of a battle with him and that Negan had any feelz towards Rick because of Carl. Also that *every* Savior including Negan's top people are now completely kumbaya with all the other communities, and vice versa. Enjoyed the rest of the episode, but this ending to AOW had me shaking my head. Maggies reaction was justified and the only one that was true to life for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. batongal

batongal Active Member

Negan getting teary eyed is laughable! Then the writers try to make Negan a good guy by saying that eeny, meeny was because he didn't want to kill a father in front of his son? horsedung. But hey, young man watch me bash in two of your friends heads. mkay. Negan will always be unredeemable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the end of the battle. I was watching a BTS video on Twitter and it was stated Rick used Carl's name to basically lure Negan off his guard then dishonored Carl by intending to kill Negan right there. The words he was saying to Negan in that moment finally sunk in and he decided to end up saving him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Also, I think Rick had to disable Negan to be sure he would survive himself. It wasn't until Negan was down that Rick had any options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

For some reason, it keeps making me think of Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" song. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I also cringed watching Rick start to beg a bit as Negan was standing over him. After loosing yet another fight. Rick begging was literally the last thing I wanted to see at that point after everything. But I figured he was buying time. Then I got the second to last thing I wanted to see, Rick looking down on Negan after he had just sliced his throat and he changed his mind right at that second. I'm just not crazy about how it all went down right there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

I thought Negan and Rick were going to kiss.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Stadi K Reaves

Stadi K Reaves New Member

13. Stadi K Reaves

Stadi K Reaves New Member

This final episode was by far the biggest letdown given how long this storyline was drawn out. I would have prefered that each of the main characters get a wack at Negan with Lucille.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

Wow. Am I the only one that doesn't see it this way? I thought it was an amazing scene. It totally jerked my emotions and I was actually shocked for once.

Rick was sincere about carrying out Carl's wish, but was overcome with hatred for Negan and bam! Went all cut throat killer with a straight face.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

There is plenty more cheese in the show, I think it showed Negan having a human side. People should also know that Negan just SAW his whole army disarmed in the manner of few seconds and he would been dead when the rest came by. I think even Negan knew he was defeated and seeing his whole Empire crumble in the matter of minutes, betrayed 3 times in a short time and all his tribuaries turning on him because of one man and his son.

I agree with you here. I was really full of revenge in the beginning but more and more it faded.

I find Maggies actions to be odd. She welcomes other Saviours, do not execute high ranking like Laura or Dwight. Sure she got a personal conflict with Negan but so do Rosita and Eugene for killing a lover and saviour....and friend. In the long run, Rick and his Hobo Commandos caused the war with Negan because they did not scout out the Saviours better.

Either way! It was bit cheesy but it showed a human side to Negan and I agree with Reina here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Fascinating. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Reina

Reina Active Member

Oh, good. Lol.

Yes, it was a quick interaction, but within that short period of time the actors conveyed enough emotion that you actually felt what they were. The pain in Negan's face was so genuine. He truly seemed to have regret, remorse and a sincere love for Carl. I hate to use love there, but I couldn't think of another word. It's like you said, Negan's fake bad boy persona melted and we finally see the real Negan broken and venerable. I thought it was very well done and executed for the time allotted. It covered every emotion for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think if it had been actors not as good as these two it would been really bad and cheesy but they portrayed so many feelings! It was well acted!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Where is all this Negan's love for Carl coming from? Yeah he liked the kid cause he thought he was the next generation killing machine showing he had a set, busting into the Sanctuary trying to kill him and later revealing he was the one to put his own mother down.

But I also remember he was gonna have Rick cut off his own son's hand, and then before Shiva burst on the scene they were gonna "Lucille" Carl in the head.

If Negan's remorseful it's because he realized how badly he misjudged the whole situation and that his whole empire was going down the tubes.

#19 purriwinkle, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Reina

Reina Active Member

I could have used a better term than love. It isn't actual love for Carl, but Negans face caved at the mention of him and he genuinely seemed gutted. He teared up and I don't think those tears were from because he feared this was his last moment on earth. Yes, he was succumbing to the events that unfolded and he knew he was in a bad situation but prior to mentioning Carl he was just trying to get away and survive. They all are. I'm not giving Negan a pass here for what he's done. It's the most sadistic thing I've ever seen. They are all about survival whether it's bashing heads in or killing them while they sleep. They don't know these people personally. Negan didn't know Abe or Glenn and Rick didn't know the guys at the outpost. Some of those guys who were killed sleeping could have been like Alden or Dwight and just siding wherever they found safety first. After you are invested, it's hard to leave when you know something is wrong. Morals have no place in the ZA. Again, I'm not giving Negan a pass or forgiving him for doing what he's done. I just think we saw the real Negan for once.

• Winner Winner x 2