Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Just give me 10 seconds"

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Mother dick, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The writing been a bit up and down but I think it is mix of a lot of emotions.

Remember that Negan mostly been a mysterious figure for most. Most didn't know who he was. I think he been shielded inside his own walls for long. Mostly sending out Simon to hit shit up and basically just came out of "retirement" as a frontline brute bully cause of the mess Ricks Hobo Commandos caused. He saw things as a game, Rick was a worthy opponent to drag his ass out of his chair for. Showing Rick who was the big warlord.

But Rick never gave up, he took away a lot from Rick and friends but he just unified all vassals and turned em on the Warlord and almost had him with the zombie herd except for some people breaking it up by not listening. Ricks kid, Carl was so cool and interesting, maybe he saw himself in Carl or maybe he saw a son in him? Carls fight for peace and the constant zeal of Ricks and his people probably showed the Big King Negan on his throne that things can be done different and in his moment of defeat, all came back to him, he was utterly crushed, the man who he thought he had crushed, suddenly offered HIM peace in a way.

Negan probably grew "Lazy" on his throne, thinkin fear alone would solve it. One after another, his own right handmen betrayed him aswell. His whole empire came crashing down in such a short span and the one to finally offer some kind of compassion and reason was that crazy wild Rick and his Hobo Commandos with the cool son. Even if he got stabbed...Negan got away with his life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

There's a big difference between the examples you cited. In case of Rick killing the sleeping Saviors at the Outpost, that was an act of war. They were enemy combatants since the Savior's took the first shot over the bow when they way laid Daryl, Abe and Shasha on the road with the intent to kill them.

In any war there are both good and bad people on both sides comprising the troops and they may be killed as opposing sides clash. Negan took particular delight in torturing physically and psychologically both his own people and those he wanted to subdue. Just trying to survive? Pfft. He was a smart man. I don't believe for a minute that he couldn't have run his organization in completely different manner if he had wanted to. If Rick hadn't given him that swift cut to the throat he would have been happy to kill Rick in front of his people even if they then cut him down. Maybe he teared up a little but it could have been for any reason, frustration, exhaustion, whatever but a change of heart? Little late in the game for that to be believable for me...I don't care how good looking he is.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Really?
    I think when Glenn was in front of the first sleeping saviors in the first room with his knife out looking at the Polaroids of the dead people with bashed in skulls as trophies on the wall they sure as shit knew exactly who they were and they did the deed after this and he could verify that these pricks truly were just all negan .
    negan made it the point that you knew who every single one of them are and all who followed him were negan period.

But in the end for the most disjointed and idiotic and insulting train of logic I can imagine they let negan himself survive and this simply can not be a smart idea.

Further the notion that all other negans just turn into patrons of the piss patrol at the drop of the glass is literally unbelievable by any stretch of imagining I can conjure and I ca conjure a lot?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Reina

Reina Active Member

I'm sorry, guys! It's just how I see it. My opinion.. Doesn't make it any less or more valid. Just an opinion. Don't hate me! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

No im sorry,I just left my Mom in a Nursing Home,I am likely to say almost anything.

But I would still kill them all slowly with the pointy end of that stick!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

I'm really sorry. I know exactly what you are going through. With my grandmother, that is. That's real life. Something I wish no one had to go through. Hugs.

7. purriwinkle

We don't hate you by any means. What happened with Negan elicited strong emotions for viewers and characters alike. We/They thought it was the right thing to do or we/they didn't which is exactly why we have Maggie, Daryl and Jesus plotting together in her office and we're debating the merits here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I personally enjoyed that scene as well. I thought it played out well and was genuinely surprised myself - even though I am a comic reader it still got me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

mmm, not sure about the episode, i think the Maggie reaction and what looks like an internal conflict in season 9 saved an otherwise OK episode.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I am not sure what they do next.

To start a war over subdued Negan? Is a bit extreme. I would demand a tribunal instead.

Also, Saviours was portrayed as monsters but slowly showed to be more than that. Trust me, I would want to kill most of them but I think it was...okay what happended.

11. purriwinkle

True. Instead of Rick making such a uni-lateral decision they could have had their version of Nuremberg and then the decision to imprison or execute him would have had a consensus.

#31 purriwinkle, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That would be a interesting TV-twist aswell! Making Maggie really be the bad one when she denies the courts "He will be imprisoned and be used for labour" decision if they wanted to keep him alive, hell maybe even Carl could been there for one last dying speech.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I know Carl's letter was meant to remind both Rick and Negan of the men they were before.
    I think this could have played out better if they had given us a little more insight or backstory on Negan - the real Negan..to see who he was before the ZA so we could better understand his interest in Carl and why Carl had such an effect on him. We did see a few cracks in Negan's brutal persona, but for all that to come into play in the middle of an attack, with tears no less, just seemed incredible to me.

Realistically, I don't see 2 men in a fight to the death battle in the middle of a war just flipping life philosophies and getting teary eyed. Confessing that the eeny meeny miny moe thing was to spare a kid from watching his father die - that side of Negan - should have been played on a bit more in prior episodes if they want us to believe Carl's letter had such a profound on him to the extent that he cries during battle at the mere mention of Carl's name.

The scene was well acted and I liked the premise of 2 leaders being reminded of who they were, who they are and what they could be, I just feel like they never revealed enough of Negan to make those tears or the hesitation seem credible in the middle of a battle.

And don't apologize for your opinions - if we all agreed on everything, this would be a very boring forum :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

They could still have a vote on whether to execute Negan, analogous to our death penalty. I would be curious how his worker bees would vote. I know they won't do that. I'm just saying nothing precludes that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

If we follow up on my analogy of Nuremberg, his worker bees would not be on the panel of judges. The WWII tribunal consisted of members from the four major allied powers, so these judges would consist of people from Oceanside, Alexandria, Hill Top and the Kingdom. I think the preponderance of the evidence would lean towards giving Negan the death penalty but Rick would have an opportunity to weigh in. If he could sway the majority of others into seeing things his way then I'd have more of a problem with Maggie going behind his back than I do now.

• Informative Informative x 1