Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just Griping because i didn't sleep well last nite

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by gavuk, Nov 16, 2013.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

I watched Interment in UK last eve with my 19 year old daughter and we both noticed this so its not just me but in any scene where its just Rick and Carl they both appear to mumble. I have to constantly adjust the volume and i'm heading towards having to put on the subtitles on the screen. What makes it more wierd is if another character is on screen with them they mumble less and are definitely more audible. Its as if the sound people have set the recording level for the actor that ISN'T Rick or Carl. Either that or Rick and Carl have such a fab dad/son relationship that they understand each other by using non verbals, if so let us in on the secret.They are great actors and i love the programme but this is putting me off.

Gripe over!!

Anyone else noticed it?

2. rockout27

rockout27 New Member

Im with you on that one mate. Im also from uk and have noticed this problem since the show started, normaly when daryl talks. Ive lost count of the times that ive had to rewind and adjust the volume.

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yep, me three. In Oz they play a new episode and then replay the sheet out of it so I usually put the volume way up on a replay so I can hear the dialogue that I've missed. They need new sound people it seems. When you're going for that more naturalistic style of acting they need to have the microphones properly placed.

4. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I have never had any trouble understanding what they're saying. Weird o_O.

5. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I've never had issues understanding the dialogue

6. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

HEHE its those damned American accents, umm and that Brit playing one:D ...great show, enjoy the next ep!

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Hmm... I can hear and understand them clearly.

This is the first post I've seen about this. Perhaps it's a problem with the UK airing version of it? Because it was fine when I watched the live-stream last week.

8. Governor

Governor Member

Never had any problem with it.

9. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Nah your on your own there man.

[​IMG]

10. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

Rick mumbling?

No way.

11. REB3220

REB3220 New Member

How many people just stuck their finger in their ear?:zombies_lol:

12. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

As someone who is 'hearing-challenged' (chemo knocked out a huge part of my hearing years ago), I've always found scenes with Carl frustrating. He tends to run his words together and slur them a bit; hence, I have a very hard time following what he's saying. I don't know if mumbling is the problem - I do tend to catch Andy Lincoln's lines most of the time - but whenever Chandler Riggs is onscreen, I have difficulty hearing what he says. Love his character; I just don't know what he's saying half the time. :Grin:

I even bought a soundbar for my tv to enhance the dialog (voice enhancement is one of the features) but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Oh, and yes, Daryl does tend to mumble sometimes too...but I can forgive Norman Reedus for that. :zombies_lol:

(Damn. Do I have to admit I'm getting old?)

13. Porfivor Nixon

Rick "whispers" all his dialogue and it is very irritating to me at times, but sometimes I can't hear him. I think he does it because it's not his "real" voice, he is actually British and his regular speaking voice is a heavy British accent. So to get his Southern accent, I'm sure he works with a voice coach and he mumbles all his dialogue. I like the actor, but I don't like the whispering.

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Never had the slightest trouble. They are just as loud as everyone else

15. Zombie Mouse

Zombie Mouse Member

I have no problems understanding Andrew Lincoln's lines at all.

AL explains in this clip how he doesn't feel he's done his job right unless he loses his voice, which maybe what you're referring too. He says it's a local (Georgia) thing he's tried to capture, because the air there is so hot and dry in the summertime.

[video=youtube;PhE0qdJT-Ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhE0qdJT-Ek&feature=c4-overview&list=UUB_tMH5ciKGSU7EgcP458Qg[/video]

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey that works !! lol

I was curious.. :Grin:

17. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

That must be your UK airing then, because I don't have this problem--not on the Dutch Fox and not during livestream..

18. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Weird, I searched up about mumbling actors a few weeks ago and it was mainly brits complaining about it haha. I do find it annoying myself. Sort of an acting trend.

19. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

:shining: putting ones finger in ones ear will never be the same...again!

20. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

What I find interesting is Andy Lincoln's voice; when he's speaking in his regular British accent he uses a totally different tone than the one he uses when he's doing his southern drawl. His pitch is lower when he's *Americanizing*.