Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just how screwed are the big cities in a ZA?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Jokerang, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Jokerang

Jokerang Member

It's generally regarded that a huge city like Atlanta or Houston would be FUBAR during a zombie apocalypse, due to the sheer numbers of people to turn into zombies in masse. But given the fact that with a big city comes big numbers of everything you'd need to survive, would a big city be able to sustain a few pockets of humanity? Discuss.

2. GirllovesGuns

GirllovesGuns Member

If you had a bomb shelter and enough food to just wait it out....for years then maybe.

Blast From The Past
    style, yo.

3. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Doubt in the big city anyone would have the foresight to be prepared for a long term disaster. Taking a stand in that extreme environment w/o all necessary survival means already in place would put your lil group constantly behind the 8ball. TWD series shows this perfectly w/our survivors constantly struggling to exist and this in the quiet of the country to boot.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you're in a major city when a hypothetical ZA appears, you'd have to pack up & get out quick to a remote/rural area with a low population or quickly stockpile food, secure your home & wait it out for a long time..

Your chances of survival i'd imagine would be low in the cities..

I'm heading to lightening ridge (remote town in central Australia). That's my 'if shite goes down' plan..

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

That didn't work for Tyreese...

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

If you've ever watched that show Doomsday Preppers, there's one common theme that goes without saying.... Cities are deathtraps. I would not want to be trapped on the 12th floor of anything if ANY disaster went down. I would also not want to be trapped in my car on the streets in the midst of all the chaos. Being on foot with enough food, supplies and protection to get myself out, would be the only option. And if I'm not prepared, then I'm in a lot of trouble.

7. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I'd rather stay where I am then try and take a chance in the city. I would totally secure my house and stock up on supplies, only then would I even consider looting houses in my area, since I live out of town, but I think a lot of people would try to get out of town to begin with. I do know that a good number of my neighbors have guns, so it would be risky trying to scavenge once my supplies started to dwindle. I wouldn't go anywhere near highly populated areas of my hometown, it would be absolute chaos and zombies galore.

8. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

and TWD is dead wrong on that respect.. most farms have large fuel tanks to gas up tractors and other farm equipment, they have root cellars with lots of home canned goods, most farms have weapons and ammo in them. and Most farms have a private garden that even a year after you can get food from.. thanks to my Garden I have lettuce, peppers and even tomato's that grow wild now thanks to a few plants going to seed one year. and thats not counting the strawberry's that just keep spreading year after year if I dont cut them back.

my root cellar has enough food to last months and its small compared to my neighbors and from all appearances the TWD world went down the tubes in a few weeks and was completely overrun in a month maybe a little less.. so lots of stuff still sitting in those farm house's, root cellars and barns.

some farms even have tanks of heating oil which can Run what? LOL

9. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

People in big cities would be screwed during a ZA.

10. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Pretty f*cking screwed. Big cities have a lot of supplies and good living conditions but they are easily getting overcrowded and the virus spreading more quickly. You don't stand a chance to live there. Smart thing to do is stop being a hero and try your chance on rural areas and in the calmer places. However I think if a ZA were to happen, I'll die anyway.

11. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Not to mention the illness, filth, rats, etc that would over run big cities.

I'm a small town rural girl. I feel screwed in a big city full of the living. I don't know how people live in them, lol. So much better access to food, water, weapons etc in rural areas.

12. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

LOL! I feel the same about feeling screwed in cities full of the living! It is not for me! :)

13. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

My buddy who lives in Montana compares being in a big city to having ants crawling all over him.

14. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

speaking of.. just got back from the city today.. Grrrr. outside of tons of hot women LOL. it was smelly, noisy, crowded and generally frustrating. but there was a good steak place LOL.

15. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Ewwww!!! That's a fitting analogy!

16. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

With a unlimited ammo like Rick's python I'm save in the big city!

17. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I don't think so!! Lol

18. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Too much noise... you're a dead man.

19. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

[MENTION=7176]CountryGal94[/MENTION] [MENTION=6343]Driver[/MENTION]

If you could help me out of the big city, I'll join your group!

20. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I know a pilot! We will get you out!! :)