Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just kill off these characters introduce new ones

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Ionut, May 25, 2016.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Daniel is likely done, or at least should be in that fire and experiencing mental meltdown...

Nick can wander off with his new friends and be their lunch or dinner.

Travis and psycho Chris won't make it if left unattended out there. Chris is a loony tune and Travis lacks both survival skills and functioning grey matter.

Ofelia isn't worth much, she'll find a way to remove herself without Daniel to protect her.

You'll then have Maddison, Strand and Alicia remaining.

Use them to bridge into meeting a new set of good characters and then have them all perish as well along the way.

This would give the show a big boost, then give us a proper West Coast/Mexico survival series in the early going of the apocalypse.... or have they already said it's 2 months in now and we've missed all good bits of human collapse forever?

I'll still take some gritty desert/sea faring zombie survival as long as the characters are able to be related to by normal humans and not mentally deficient idiots.

#1 Ionut, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. mikepf

mikepf New Member

I totally agree. I say have a new group headed by Alex would be a lot more interesting than the current group.

3. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

As much as I don't want to agree, I kind of do. There aren't really any characters who I feel any kind of attachment to. Nick is probably the closest, or rather was. After these last couple episodes, I don't know. This whole "Nick finds God" turn in the plot isn't really a good one.

Chris is just completely worthless and a total liability at this point. He's meant to be unlikable for the most part. That's written into his character, but there are plenty of unlikable characters who are still GOOD characters. Chris isn't one of them.

I liked Madison quite a bit in season 1. Now in season 2, I find myself thinking "bitch" basically whenever she says anything. She's got this weird overbearing mama thing going on, which isn't necessarily bad, and really does make sense in the circumstances. But it's not working for me.

Salazar was up there with Nick, but now it looks like he's gone. Ofelia is....nice? I don't know. I have no strong feelings. She hasn't really done much. Travis is basically the kind of guy who I'd want to punch out of frustration. I really liked him in the first season too. But just like Madison, basically every time he speaks now, I just think "what the hell is the matter with you?"

I feel like the characters, both in terms of the writing and the acting, were much better in season 1.

And that aside, these actors seriously need to work on their fight scene choreography. The big fight in front of the church shortly after crossing the border was almost laughably bad. Obviously the actors on TWD have had a lot more experience with that, but even the fight scenes in season 1 of TWD looked a million times better.

4. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Nick, Strand, and Daniel are the only worthwhile ones for me. Kill off everyone else. Bring back Alex back for like 20 seconds, and then kill her immediately, too.

5. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

Yes and go back to the start of the outbreak, show us the stuff we wanted to see but they didn't show. show what happened during the time jump! People holed up in office blocks etc, first contact with the dead etc...All the good stuff.

6. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

There ya go. If there's any time for a random, gimmicky tv "it was all a dream" sequence, it's now. Nick can wake up in the church, realize he was hallucinating, and start over from there.

7. Goggles Pizano

I agree with everything ya'll have posted, except I know that your optimism is misplaced. You think that if these irritating characters were replaced the show would be better. Unfortunately I really feel that the writers will just fill their replacements with equally irritating, emotional, bitchy, irrational, non common sense using infills. There's a reason that this show is universally panned for its inconsistent characters and overall level of writing.

The whole "I f....ing can't stand this character as they are always doing something dumb, never telling the whole story of what they've seen, wondering around outside with no weapon, forgetting to shut doors behind them, change their personalities every episode etc. etc." reminds me of the famous quote from Jessica Rabbit "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." This is all WRITING not acting.

Seriously, what's going to change with different characters. Look at Carol, coming off the rails in two episodes of TWD after 6 years of strong character development. She was thrown under the bus because the writers of that episode wanted to have her act a certain way for the plot.

Madison could be tough but she's written as a bitch. Travis could be a lefty tree hugger finding his inner grit through adversity, but he's written as a stupid guy who never learns. (One of my favourite FU's from the writers was in the first season when all hell was breaking loose, Travis has been attacked by people trying to eat him, his dog has been devoured in front of his eyes, his neighbours dead, and he THEN, shakes his sad disproving head at a gun or weapon, when OBVIOUSLY Its the only thing that can keep his family and himself alive) The writers STILL, after everything ,have him go outside and walk around in the f..ing dark without so much as a baseball bat. Lol

Wish all you want for new characters folks, but as a faithful watcher of both WD shows, I can guarantee the nothing will change. My advice, accept it and laugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

For me, it's all about the fact that they actually did just skip over the fall of humanity. Society started to fall, and then boom, it's a few weeks later and we have safe zones. I like Stand, Nick, and Daniel a lot, and the only one I've fairly consistently disliked is Madison and Chris. So that's actually not too bad.

Kudos on the name, btw (assuming you're referencing the original).

9. Goggles Pizano

Zed, I see you are a connoisseur of quality TV programming. :)

Who doesn't want to skip work and go race a car. :)

It's nice when people recognize my name. Most just think it some weird Italian itineration.

"A toast to the classics" Zed

P.S.
    Thank god there weren't message boards back then. I can see it now.:
    "What type of stupid name is 'The Great Gazoo?"
    "This shows a rip-off of the Honeymooners. Can't the writers think of anything new?"
    "Why is the main character always doing something stupid?"
    Yada, yada, yada
    Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Binge watched up to season 2 ep 11 i agree with this...all the new characters since s2ep8 up to s2 ep 11 are still awful