Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just Me Or Has This Been The Best Season So Far?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 6' started by Brahmabull, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Brahmabull

Brahmabull Member

I loved beginning and end of season 5 but a couple episodes in the middle were very boring (the hospital one especially)

Every episode of 6 so far has been absolutely fantastic - you can tell because they've all been rated between 95 to 98 on rotten tomatoes

2. Zombie_Penguin

It's you.

The first episode of this season was god awful boring, then the Morgan episode was way too long and boring and then this weeks one with whatever the heck that was as an aftermath was a little off point to me, personally, too.

I think season 1 was still the best season, new and fresh out of the box, closely followed by season 5 - including the beth bits, though I didn't think so at the time, I much appreciated that season as a whole once I rewatched it.

3. Jmverhaalen

Jmverhaalen Member

It's not just you, this season is quite good.

4. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

No, I've felt the same way. Though some of the episodes are not without flaws, there hasn't been a bad episode so far this season.

5. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

It's shaping up to be. But Season 5 is my favorite so I haven't decided if I like S6 more.

I wish every episode wasn't a certain group tho... I like where it was with everyone or even most the cast just a few people missing.

6. O.J.Grimes

O.J.Grimes New Member

I completely agree. Each episode has done something for me, being individual in its own way. People seem to heavily complain about 'Now,' but the episode was completely needed to show the aftermath of the previous episode and the unstable dynamic within the group. Without episodes like these the show wouldn't be what it is, and would fail to be so insightful on the human condition. 6 episodes in and I know this is and will be my favourite. And for all those that have read the comics.....well lets just say Jeffrey Dean Morgan is going to 'blow your mind' :Grin:

7. radi0face

radi0face New Member

After the first 4 episodes aired, I definitely thought that Season 6 was shaping up to be the best season yet; each episode seemed contained and each had a purpose, as well as providing some unexpected twists. Then "Now" aired and my opinion changed - I stand by my opinion that "Now" is the worst episode in the entire series; the never ending monologues that just rehashed things we'd heard ten times before, the random subplot of the diminishing food supply that was never ever brought up again, Maggie's storyline which saw her decide to go after Glenn and then decide not to because... the writers didn't want her to. And then there were the two romantic storylines concerning Rick and Jessie (who had no chemistry whatsoever) and Tara and Denise (which just sort of happened and hasn't really been revisited). "Always Accountable" and "Heads Up" were both solid enough but they needed to be better than that to sway my favour following "Now", and because of the slower pace in these two episodes, they failed to do that. Then we come to "Start to Finish", which, while I think some reviews were a little harsh considering it was a perfectly good episode on its own, it just did not work as a midseason finale and ended up making the season look like it was stalling for time. Luckily, "No Way Out" was a very good return to form (though not perfect), and the anticipation of the Negan storyline gives me high hopes for the rest of the season. I do believe that Season 6 could become my favourite if it delivers its full potential in these final 7 episodes, but currently I'd say it stands at firm 3rd/4th place for me, behind Seasons 3, 5 and possibly Season 1. I have a lot of hope for the future though, and it still remains one of the most engaging shows on television!

8. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

For me, I feel that this season has been brilliant. With the exception of the Morgan episode. I could have done without it.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

First 4 were awesome. 4-8 were good. 9 and 10 were epic. And based on the comics, the rest of the season should also be pretty awesome.

10. Jay Bonansinga

5>4>6>3>1>2 but 6 isn't over yet so it could definitely surpass or fall behind the other seasons. Season 2 was my least favorite but IMO it had the best finale and a fantastic final 5 minutes of the midseason finale. Shane's rant was epic! But when I say 2 was my least favorite I still feel it was better then almost anything else on T.V. IMO definitely City of Men range!

Thank You~Jay

11. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

[​IMG]

No, not at all. I think it's the worst. But it has been a decrease since S4.
    All of my family and friends stopped watching already, I don't know how much longer I will keep up with this.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This is the most accurate round up of the season thus far! I agree that episodes 1-4 were awesome with 5-8 ranging from good to very good. And if episodes 9 and 10 are any indication of the tone and pacing of the remainder of the season we are in for a helluva ride. I do expect one or two episodes to slow in pace a wee bit to have the breathing room to add layers to the story.

At this point it is too early too decide where this season will end up on my list...will be vying for the top spot against season 5

13. lazywatermelon

lazywatermelon New Member

I'm really liking this season a lot more than any other season, I think its the pacing of the episodes.

14. Infinite Ammo

Infinite Ammo New Member

It's right up there for sure. Season 5 + 6 have brought me back to the series.

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Not sure about season but episode 613 was awesome!