Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just started the comics

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Spoilers' started by Loc, Nov 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

So last night I decided to start reading the comics. I got about 12 issues in and I can't put them down. They really are amazing so far. They have just arrived at the prison and had to kill all the Walkers in the court yard. One of the scenes I really hope they do is the gated community area (forgot the name of the place, something estates). I'm really hoping that is were they go after hershels farm this season. I'm really liking Tyreese in the comics and I real wish he was on the show. They should have had him on instead of T-Dawg. I love the comics so far and i'm sure I will be up to speed by the end of the weekend. Can't believe I waited so long to read them.

2. Nestler

Nestler Member

What's your oppinion on the Shane situation?

3. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

As far has him still being alive on the show? IDK, I still like him and kinda glad he hasn't been killed off yet. He went NUTS on Rick in the comics. One thing I don't like is that Glenn isn't around anymore in the comics (so far, IDK if he comes back or not). I wonder if he is going to stay with Maggie on the farm or she will come with the them. I really hope he stays with the group.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I think as close as we are going to get to the Wiltshire Estates is that little scene with Shane and Andrea going in and whacking a few zombies.

#4 Felicia, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, I'm up to issue 31. Rick Michonne and Glenn got captured by the Governor and he knows that they are stay in the prison. Man, this series is just amazing. I can't believe I haven't read it until now. I seriously can't put it down. I didn't expect them to chop Ricks hand off and man that Governor is a prick! I'm really looking forward to how this is all going to play out on the TV show. I don't see TV Rick being like comic Rick. Comic Rick is brutal at times and I just can't see them going the route with him. I'll post back more thoughts on it when I finish a dozen or so more LOL

6. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I'm not so sure,

We got 6 more episodes in Season 2 and we're about to kick in the barn door. The group ends of living the farm and finding the prison after that in the comics. The peobablem for me is Kirkman has already stated we will not see Michonne, Tyrese, and The Governor in Season 2. All three of these Charaters plays key roles in and around the prison. So I'm thinking we could see the gated community next. Kirkman also stated they will follow the comic plots...but maybe make a few changes or something like that. I'm just praying we don't 6 more episodes with the group on the Farm or in limbo. So the Gated Community, Wiltshire Estates makes sense to me...fingers crossed.

7. shannon28

shannon28 Member

There is an link on here from a guy claiming to be one of Michonne's jawless zombies, and he's making an intro in the last episode of the season. So maybe we'll get a sneak peak in the finale.

8. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

That would be cool.

9. Chreees

Chreees Member

Word, this is what I'm hoping for as well.

Loc, you must be spending every waking moment reading them! I know I was. Knocked out all 90 issues in a week. That was WITH going to school and work. Then read issue 91 the day it came out. I love it.

10. Hunk

Hunk Member

Sad to say I think the CDC in season 1 took the place of the Whillshire estates. I hope I am wrong of course. I would love to see Tyreese in the show. They could just have a whole episode at the estates since in the comic they were not there very long anyways then leave and find the prison. I think if they leave out Tyreese they are making a mistake. Oh well... just gotta watch and see.

11. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Chreees- Where did you get all the issues of the comics? Is there somewhere you can buy all of them, like a boxed set so to speak?

12. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah man, I just can't put them down. Started it on the 23rd. today is only the 26th and I'm on issues 50 something I think. I have been reading some at work too lol. Should have them done by next week. Im not looking forward to catching up with the latest issue. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I have to wait a month for a new one.

13. AVC

AVC Member

Loc, I'm assuming you're reading the physical comics? Where did you get them?

Is there an online version of them all?

14. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

15. Chreees

Chreees Member

Yeah, I have all 91 issues downloaded and saved in a folder on my laptop so I can read them at work. It's just over a gig for them all, haha. I plan on buying the volumes off of Amazon, however.

16. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

You can probably pick up some used copies if you got a Half Price Books? I was doing some Christmas shopping on some older books and checked out their Graphic Novel section and found some TWD TBs.

17. AVC

AVC Member

You guys have good jobs. Reading comics at work!

Hang on, I'm at work right now, on the forums. I love my job so much!

18. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

When my boss hired me, he told me bring a pillow, cooler, and a portable DVD player....I'm not even lying lol

19. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Alright so I got further into the comics. I can't believe how many people got killed off. Tyrese was my favorite and he got off'ed. Lori and the baby... Man I really didn't expect that to happen. couldn't believe it. Carl is jstarting to become a little badass! I like that. I just got up to the issues were Rick and Carl meet up with michonne, Maggie and Glenn. So far, it's still really great just can't believe how many people got killed already. glad the governor got what was coming to him but was really hoping michonne would have killed him.

20. AVC

AVC Member

Now, I have issue 1- 90 in hand. Or, in hard drive anyway.

What format are your PC versions in?

Mine are a massive bunch of JPEGS, not that it's a major problem, but it's a bit clumsy