Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Just watched this episode and ...

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - What Lies Ahead' started by dragonsmack, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Well, I inherited the swords and a few guns from my dad when he passed away...he collected American Civil War stuff. He was Souotherner from Louisiana or as my mother would call him, a Coon Ass lol (something they call guys from Louisiana involving a Raccoon). My dad was a Marine and a bank guard after he got out. So it wasn't anything to see guns around the place growing up as a kid. Funny thing is, I never once thought about taking one to school or shooting anyone etc. I don't know what has gotten into these kids now days. Anyhow, I've sold a lot of off due to some unforeseen issues but I still own a few dozen or so ;)

2. DragonZom

DragonZom New Member

I hear ya on the angle that a palisade is "kinda" hard to build. But it really isnt that hard, dig a hole put a 12-20 foot 4-6" limbless tree in it, repeat side by side. And throw the dirt from the hole on the "inside" of the "fort" that way there is a depression on the outside making it "taller". Dogs dont eat much, and they(the "heroes") have never really been "starving" and being omnivores(dogs) they could eat virtually anything, also dogs are hardy you will die long before they do from thirst/cold/starvation etc.

Hey thanks for the input though.

Another thing one time right before the "sheriff" got the horse, he sees the guy who shot himself in the house AND LEAVES THE RIFLE THERE, just walks away. I mean where theres one gun couldnt there be oh I dont know an arsenal? Same with when Daryl takes the gun off the suicide in the tent in the woods, HELLO maybe check around for reloads? I mean again, ammo=scarce try and forage within maybe 1-2 feet where you find a gun on a guy. Actually in the bar episode when they took the shotgun off the fat guy Glen did look in his pockets and take shells, thank goodness!! LOL. Good old Glen always thinking, its those big city Pizza delivery guy survival skills of his. Ever try and deliver a pizza to a "crack" house in a big city its not that different from dealing with walkers, including getting BIT!

3. KiiWiiDeee

KiiWiiDeee New Member

Plus, they like keeping the realism in the TV series, Michonne can slice walkers' heads in half but in the hands of a novice or child (Carl), it would be tricky to get a clean slice through the brain and kill the target. That's if the target's a walker, anyone can stab someone through the chest if you thrust hard enough, but walkers would be difficult.

EDIT: I think I quoted the wrong post, but you understand.

#23 KiiWiiDeee, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Member

What happened to the canoe that was on top of the RV ?

5. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Really?? It's a sword. You can practice and get really good when you get off work or out of school, oh, wait, you don't have either of those in the ZA, so you can practice all day long. I know, I know, "you can do the same with a gun", WRONG, the noise will draw walkers your way. Plus, when was the last time a sword ran out of bullets? Never. Ya, sure, it may get dull, so you sharpen it. A sword needs maintanance... ya, guns don't need that, nope, never, and with the infinite ammo cheat code on you don't have to worry about running out.:zombies_rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, a gun would be a very useful thing to have (as a last resort, as the show will show us). But, you don't automatically hit your mark 100% of the time and you only have so many rounds.

As far as vehicles go... I'd pick an older one, not like Dale's turd, but something I can pop the hood on and see how it looks, how it runs and even if it is a manual or automatic tranny, manual being preferred because if the starter goes bad you can still start it. I'd also snag up as many batteries (the power drains when hooked up but not used and yours wont last forever) and gas tanks as I could get, so a pickup truck or SUV would be ideal. Especially with the use of a sword, stand on top of it and wack away. Newer vehicles are way less reliable, more moving parts, more things that rely on electrical components, way more that can go wrong not to mention durability.

Ok, rant done.

#25 Geek Walker, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Cracker

Cracker Member

I can't think of why anyone other than Cousin Eddie would be driving an 'R-V' in a ZA. The worst vehicle for weaving through obstructions, a nightmare in a gas depleted environment. Besides serving as a nice look-out I can't imagine using one for long.

7. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

Its not like they can go to the gun shop or car dealership and shop for the quietest, most reliable weapon or vehicle..they use what gets the job done