Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ka-bar

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Voski, Mar 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

get me one of them 2

2. Merle's stump

Merle's stump New Member

I'd go to a survival woodcraft website, they always have debates about knives. Just don't open with "Bear Grylis is the greatest survivalist ever" or the fur will start flying.

If you are looking for one primary knife for a survival situation I'd stay away from a folding blade. One of the more important woodcraft skills you will need to learn and use a knife for is batoning wood and a folding blade will usually fail. The Ka-bar is a very good knife, but the designs and technology have come a long way. Personally I like ESEE blades, I'm looking at getting an ESEE 5, it was made a survival knife for downed pilots, has a long blade, full tang, can be used as a spindle for a fire bow and can be used with a ferrous rod to start fires. There are other knives that can do all those things as well so look around and good luck.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Becker BK2 made by KaBar now is a beast of a survival blade and there are many videos and reviews all over about them.
    I love me some BK2!

4. Lian

Lian Member

Btw, where does KA-bar stands for ?
    I know its a 'knife' but what does the word KA-bar mean , where does its name come from ?